Do you do things you don't like?

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2013, 07:18 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Do you eat foods you don't really care for because you know they are healthy? Do you do exercises you don't like because you know they are good for your body?

When it comes to food, I often eat meals that aren't as tasty to me as something fattening/unhealthy. I feel like I eat for more nutrition now, more so than for pleasure. I'm the same way with exercise but not as much. I tend to find other exercise to do if there are ones I don't like. I'll just find another exercise that works the same muscle that I do like. But, there are plenty of exercises that I hate (like squats and lunges) that I do anyway because I know they will get me the results I want.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
April 3rd, 2013, 07:57 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
If I don't like a food, I don't eat it! Or I find a way to dress it up for me to like it. I prefer spices over sauces though. For example, I'm not a fan of quinoa on its own (eg eaten like rice), but if I make it into a salad (usually greek, instead of lettuce), I LOVE it!

Exercises I do because they're good for me. I hate squats (but want a cute bootie!), I hate working my arms because they're so weak (but clearly then I need to!).

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 3rd, 2013, 08:14 AM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do both from time to time!
I try to find an excercise that works good for me vs doing one I dont like. i find if i am doing one i dont like i dont push myself as much as i do if its something i dont mind.
April 3rd, 2013, 08:38 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I never eat food that I don't like. I will just find something else that's healthy that I like.

I do exercises that I don't like sometimes because they work parts of my body that need working. But for me I find I have so much more motivation when I am doing something that I enjoy and thankfully I almost all kinds of exercises.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
April 3rd, 2013, 10:29 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't usually eat things I don't like. But I do do exercises that I dislike (probably not as often as I should though). I hate squats, lunges, push ups, bicycle crunches, etc...but I will do them because I know that they work.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

April 3rd, 2013, 11:16 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
There aren't many foods that I don't like. I'm trying to think of an example... blue cheese is something I definitely don't like, but I don't think it's so good for me that I should eat it anyway. Um.. broccoli stems! The florets are so much better, but the stems are high in protein and it seems a waste to throw them out.

Exercises I hate I will definitely do- planks and lunges are two that I just do not like. When I first learned to cross-country ski I didn't like it all that much but stuck with it because it is good outdoor exercise when you live in an area that gets so much snow!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

April 3rd, 2013, 07:09 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I don't really eat food that I don't like, but there are very food healthy foods that I don't like so it's really not an issue.

I have a love and hate relationship with a lot of exercises, I hate doing them, but I love the feeling after, so I do them.
April 4th, 2013, 06:10 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmomofmany View Post
There aren't many foods that I don't like. I'm trying to think of an example... blue cheese is something I definitely don't like, but I don't think it's so good for me that I should eat it anyway. Um.. broccoli stems! The florets are so much better, but the stems are high in protein and it seems a waste to throw them out.

Exercises I hate I will definitely do- planks and lunges are two that I just do not like. When I first learned to cross-country ski I didn't like it all that much but stuck with it because it is good outdoor exercise when you live in an area that gets so much snow!
I'm the same way. I really like just about everything. There are only a few things I really don't like - beets, pickles, anchoves, I can't think of much else. So it doesn't bother me to eat most things, but some things just taste better than others.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search