How much do you talk about fitness/weightloss?

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pattyandthemoos

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2013, 07:28 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I think I am driving my dh crazy because that is all I talk to him about. LOL. I'm always talking about my workouts and what we should do, or maybe we should do this, or maybe that. I'll look in the mirror and talk to him about my abs, or my butt, or some other body part. I know I drive him nuts. I don't tend to talk to my other friends about this though because I'm a little self conscious about my workout. I still don't feel confident like I know what I'm doing. Plus, I don't want to get on my friends' nerves with fitness talk. I don't care if I annoy my dh. LMBO.
jhmomofmany likes this.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
April 3rd, 2013, 08:00 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I talk a bit about it with DH, but he's normally at work while I do my workouts, and he's on board with the food part (but I do the groceries anyways). I have a good friend that lost a lot of weight that we talk about it a lot and I take pointers from her.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 3rd, 2013, 09:30 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH is the only one I really talk about it with. At times I think it annoys him. But other times I think that it inspires him to at least think about getting back into working out. He just hasn't had much time lately with farming this time of year.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

April 3rd, 2013, 10:16 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I very rarely talk about it with anybody but you guys!! If I talk to DH about it is normally just about something that I want to buy. DH doesn't work out and doesn't really a lot of interest in it.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
April 3rd, 2013, 10:58 AM
Hi i'm new on here! recently I have been talking about it a lot! I'm wanting to just jump right in to a hardcore exercise routine and eating. I know it's driving the hubby nuts because he has a very physical job so he doesn't want to workout when he gets home. And we eat like poor college kids and I'm sick of it! I started doing Herbalife and I love it but I can't get him to join in so it kind of feels like I'm doing it all alone. Escpecially while I watch him down a whole sleeve of oreos when he gets home and I have been snacking on carrots and protein bars all day! GRR.
April 3rd, 2013, 11:22 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I talk about it enough that people know I'm a fanatic... not so much that they avoid conversation with me. My DH is finally coming around to the idea of regular exercise, and he is still doing well on Weight Watchers. I talk about my workouts sometimes with my kids, or ask if they want to join or whatever. I post about it on FB from time to time, but I try not to do so all the time. I also keep a fitness blog, but nobody visits it but DH.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

April 3rd, 2013, 07:24 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I talk about it a lot with DH, my Mom, and my friends that go to the gym with me. Otherwise, not really because I don't want to annoy people
April 4th, 2013, 06:04 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmomofmany View Post
I talk about it enough that people know I'm a fanatic... not so much that they avoid conversation with me. My DH is finally coming around to the idea of regular exercise, and he is still doing well on Weight Watchers. I talk about my workouts sometimes with my kids, or ask if they want to join or whatever. I post about it on FB from time to time, but I try not to do so all the time. I also keep a fitness blog, but nobody visits it but DH.
I've visited your blog. I would like for my friends to think I'm a fanatic, but I'm not quite there yet.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
April 4th, 2013, 07:17 AM
nurselochia's Avatar Marathon running mom of 4
I try to keep it to a minimum, but as it gets closer and closer to marathon day, that seems to be on my mind all the time. Poor DH has to listen to me the most, but I don't think he minds my obsession with long runs.

Thanks Jaidynsmum!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search