How do you deal with social occasions and food

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2013, 08:13 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Do you have anyone in your life that is pushy about food? You know the type that bug you if you don't have a slice of cake at a get together or make you feel bad for eating healthy. What about when you go somewhere and there is not a single healthy thing to eat? How do you handle these situations and stay on track?

For us this isn't a problem because we don't go to that many social events. Most of the time people come to our house and I always make sure we have something healthy to eat, or at least something that's not too bad. Occasionally I will go to a pot luck type thing with our homeschool group or Girl Scouts or something and sometimes there aren't very many good choices. This was so hard when I was having to follow the diabetic diet. But, usually I just pick the things that aren't too bad or I just don't worry about that one meal because I don't have this come up that often.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
April 4th, 2013, 12:40 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Neither issue comes up for me very often at all. Like we recently had a luncheon at church.. most of the choices weren't the greatest so I just had a small serving of the main course and filled the rest of my plate with veggies and fruit salad. I skipped the cake but had a blueberry muffin. But if I had no choices at all.... I'd probably go ahead and figure one meal won't hurt if I don't pig out.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

April 4th, 2013, 01:00 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
If there aren't many healthy choices, I don't worry about it. We don't have things like that often at all, so I figure it won't hurt
April 4th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
We don't go out that much so one randomly isn't going to hurt me that bad. But I don't try and pick the highest calorie items And things like baby showers, there is usually fruit and veggies that I try to stick with.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 5th, 2013, 06:03 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We also don't have many social events to go to. Mostly family reunions if we do. Those are all potluck dinners for us. I usually don't worry much about it and just try to take small portions. I figure one meal won't hurt me too bad.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

April 6th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I always have an apple or something like that in my purse, and I almost always eat something before I leave the house. That way, like when I took my kiddo to a b-day party yesterday and the only thing there was pizza and regular soda, I just said no thank you (for me), and I had eaten a snack before we went and I ate a snack after we left and had water in the car, so I just didn't eat at the party. Typically if we go to a restaurant, even fast food places have something (like a salad) that isn't horrible, so there's uaully a osmewhat healthy option I can choose. But I make sure to never go to stuff like that hungry, so if I can't or don't eat, it's really no big deal.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search