Hi!

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By jhmomofmany
  • 1 Post By Buggymom
  • 1 Post By babyloves2dance
  • 1 Post By Jessimaaka
  • 1 Post By 2pinks&ablue
  • 1 Post By Amy B.

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2013, 02:09 AM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi, everyone! My name is Amy. I have been a member (and former co-host) of this board on and off. I recently had my fourth child, who is four weeks old today. I am ready to take off the weight I gained during pregnancy after I get the okay from the doctor (May 2?).

A little about me...
I've been married since 2002. My mom died of a heart attack in 2005, which sparked my initial weight loss journey. A few years and two more children later, I got down to pretty much my goal weight, having lost over 100 pounds at that point. In March 2012, my dad died due to heart and diabetes issues. Just a few short weeks after that, I received an email from Shape Magazine. I had previously sent in my 100+ pound weight loss story, and they wanted to feature me in an issue. Anyway, I was featured in the August 2012 issue. Right before that hit the newsstands, I found out we were expecting our fourth child (another surprise baby). I think due to the depression over my dad's illness/death and the pregnancy, I, unfortunately, gained back 100 or more pounds from my goal weight (in April 2011) to the end of my pregnancy (I didn't look at the scale at the end of my pregnancy). I'm pretty embarrassed by it, especially because of the magazine article. However, I know that since I have lost it before, I can do it again. I'm down 30 pounds already and want to lose about 75-80 more pounds, preferably by my son's first birthday. I have a whole closet full of clothes that I can't fit into and very few clothes fit right now. Very depressing having to buy 2X clothes when you used to wear a medium.

Anyway, I will be posting here and there for a few weeks then will get down to business more after my postpartum check-up. I am very ready to start exercising again but must wait until then due to the c-section. I will probably start a new journal in the sub forum to keep track of my daily food journals and exercises. That has helped me in the past.

Nice to "meet" you all.

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

April 12th, 2013, 06:52 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi!! so glad that you are joining us again. I'm Melissa mom to Jackson 3 and Jacob 11 months. this is such a great board. I love all the women here.
Amy B. likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
April 12th, 2013, 06:54 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Amy, congratulations! I'm so glad you're back! I've often thought of pm'ing you to invite back over here, but didn't want to be pushy. And here you are!

Enjoy the rest of your "babymoon" and you'll be kicking butt in a couple more weeks!
Amy B. likes this.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

April 12th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi! I'm Trisha, mom to Kayley (6). Nice to meet you and congrats on your new addition! I gained 80 lbs with my daughter during my pregnancy so I understand a little how you are feeling. Don't be hard on yourself. You will be able to lose it again when your body is ready. I had a c-section too and it really is the worst. Hoping you will start feeling better soon. I started walking a little bit after a couple of months.....but I actually waited a year to start doing other things besides walking because I didn't feel ready. I will say walking helped a lot! Good luck on your journey!
Amy B. likes this.

April 12th, 2013, 08:23 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome back to the board and congratulations on your new addition!

I'm Kelsey, wife to Jason and mommy to Kendra (6) and Josh (2 1/2).
Amy B. likes this.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

April 12th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Welcome and congrats I'm Jess, mommy to Cameron, 8 months.
Amy B. likes this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 13th, 2013, 09:48 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Welcome back and congratulations! I'm Chantelle, mommy to four kids 5 and under
Amy B. likes this.
April 16th, 2013, 08:16 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Hey Amy! Welcome back!!! I hear about you from my sis sometimes. So glad to see you back over here. I know you feel discouraged but I know you will take the weight back off. I have always gained a lot of weight when I was pregnant (50 lbs or more with most of my kids) and it comes off. You can do it! Don't be too hard on yourself.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
April 16th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks, Patty!!! I just love Teresa and have run a couple of races with her. She keeps me motivated.
pattyandthemoos likes this.

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search