Workout areas

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By jhmomofmany
  • 1 Post By babyloves2dance
  • 3 Post By nurselochia

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2013, 07:27 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Let's see a picture of your workout area!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

April 15th, 2013, 12:24 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Here's my workout room. DH calls it my mommy cave..lol.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
April 15th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I will come back to this

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 15th, 2013, 05:53 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Very jealous, Melissa!

I don't have a specific area- I'm at the gym sometimes, treadmill is in the basement, I do a lot in the living room, and I run outside
April 15th, 2013, 05:59 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Double Post

Last edited by 2pinks&ablue; April 15th, 2013 at 06:05 PM.
April 15th, 2013, 07:13 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
OK, I'm convinced I need to move next door to Melissa, not only for her cooking but for her cave.

Here's my little area, nothing much. Just the treadmill, some weights, my calendar from the US Olympic team.
melissalaw likes this.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

April 16th, 2013, 05:54 AM
I do love my workout room. When we were looking for home that was one of the things that was a must for me. In our last house I had all my stuff in a closet and had to drag it out to the living room to workout and my treadmill was stuck in our bedroom and since I workout when DH is usually asleep I couldn't use my treadmill that much. So when we found our home and I saw that it had a bonus room over the garage that I could use as my workout room I knew that was the home for us. Now DH wants to build a garage out back for him to have his daddy cave. although first we have to add on another bedroom since we are planning on another baby.

April 16th, 2013, 07:16 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Okay. My workout room is in my basement and it actually looks a lot better than the pictures make it look like but it's just dark in there.

I love Melissa's workout room. So much cleaner and nicer than ours!

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
April 17th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Finally got pictures of my workout area uploaded.

I have a ballet barre on the floor between the elliptical and the wall that I still need to put up. It is going on the wall under the poster. We are also planning on getting rid of the elliptical as we don't ever use it. I would like to get a simple bench that I could use to do bench dips and flys to put in it's place eventually. I would also like to get a different tv that would fit on top of a black 3 shelf bookcase so that my dvd's are a little easier to get to (they are on the right side of the tv stand right now). I'm also getting a bigger foam mat to workout on as the cement really hurts my legs.
melissalaw likes this.

April 17th, 2013, 01:49 PM
nurselochia's Avatar Marathon running mom of 4
Here are a few pics of what I see when I work out:

Thanks Jaidynsmum!!

April 18th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Such beautiful scenery you get to look at on your runs Jaime! I like the car on top af the barn! LOL!

April 18th, 2013, 01:46 PM
nurselochia's Avatar Marathon running mom of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyloves2dance View Post
Such beautiful scenery you get to look at on your runs Jaime! I like the car on top af the barn! LOL!
LOL, yeah, the car on the barn is my favorite! Those are some of the highlights...it's mainly corn/bean fields on my runs, but there are some interesting things to see. Those clouds, I thought they were really cool...until I realized it was a storm system coming through and thankfully DH was watching it and picked me up about the time the wind and rain picked up...funnel cloud with downed trees was the aftermath. That's the problem with the midwest...you never know when something could pop up and I had no idea there was a chance of storms because when I left on that long run...it was sunny! I've since learned to pay closer attention!

Thanks Jaidynsmum!!

April 19th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Beautiful Jamie!!

April 20th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalaw View Post
I do love my workout room. When we were looking for home that was one of the things that was a must for me. In our last house I had all my stuff in a closet and had to drag it out to the living room to workout and my treadmill was stuck in our bedroom and since I workout when DH is usually asleep I couldn't use my treadmill that much. So when we found our home and I saw that it had a bonus room over the garage that I could use as my workout room I knew that was the home for us. Now DH wants to build a garage out back for him to have his daddy cave. although first we have to add on another bedroom since we are planning on another baby.
I had to chuckle a little about your DH wanting a daddy cave. When we planned our house, I wanted a scrapbooking/sewing/craft room so DH insisted that he get a room too. He wanted an exercise room for "his man cave". Funny thing is that I use "his man cave" more than he does! LOL! I'm being nice and decorating our downstairs den more masculine so that he can have that room too. (since he isn't really using his chosen room. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurselochia View Post
LOL, yeah, the car on the barn is my favorite! Those are some of the highlights...it's mainly corn/bean fields on my runs, but there are some interesting things to see. Those clouds, I thought they were really cool...until I realized it was a storm system coming through and thankfully DH was watching it and picked me up about the time the wind and rain picked up...funnel cloud with downed trees was the aftermath. That's the problem with the midwest...you never know when something could pop up and I had no idea there was a chance of storms because when I left on that long run...it was sunny! I've since learned to pay closer attention!
Scenery around here is about 99% cornfields. The other 1% is soybeans, pinto beans, wheat, maybe a field of sunflowers, dead trees in a dried up creek bed, our pasture and our cows. I can completely relate to those storms that sneak up on you! We get those out here all the time too!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search