Your workout

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2013, 08:38 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Describe your current workout routine. What things do you really like about your workout and what things would you like to improve on, if any?

I am doing upper body weight training and abs one day and then lower body the next. I am trying to rotate cardio every other day, usually 30 minutes on the eliptical trainer.

I added some new exercise to my routine and I haven't decided if I like them yet. I didn't use heavy enough weight with my last workout to really feel it so I'm hoping once I up the weight I will feel it and like it better. But, the one thing I really don't like about my routine is I don't feel like I am efficiently using my time. It takes me a few minutes after each set to add more weight to the barbell and that slows me down. I would like to either get faster with this or maybe get more weights so it's not as much of a pain to switch the weights. Plus, the stupid pins on the ends of the barbell are a pain to get on and off and are tearing up my hands. I think I may need to invest in more stuff to make my workout go more smoothly. But, those are my only real complaints.

What I like about my workout is that it's fairly easy to follow and that I can track my progress.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
April 17th, 2013, 10:23 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
My current routine involves zumba class twice a week and whatever I can manage on the other days. I'm getting more and more anxious to just get through the next few months so I can get back to serious training!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

April 17th, 2013, 10:31 AM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I currently just walk a mile a day and do 10-20 mins on the elliptical. I also try to get in the challenges on here daily I have missed a few days though.

I would like to add a dvd I have P90 and JM 30 day shred and a couple others but honestly living at home with my parents right now where im in the middle of the divorce makes it hard to really workout the only space I have is in the bedroom and I have moved stuff around to make room this week so hoping I can find my remote to my dvd player and get that added in to my routine!

April 17th, 2013, 11:24 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do Leslie Sansone walk at home videos Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and then the 10 Minute Solution Target Toning video on Tuesday and Thursday. Saturday I use for a make-up day or a day to try something new (which I have yet to do this month). Alternating between the walking and the toning seems to keep me excited about doing them. I would definitely like to try something new one of these Saturdays. That is probably the only change I would make.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

April 17th, 2013, 12:15 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I try to work everybody part with weights at least once a week plus add in cardio. I like to do circuit work that alternates cardio burst with weights. I always feel like it gets the most amount of work done in the least amount of time. My least favorite thing to do is lift weights so I will rarely just do weight work without adding in a little bit of cardio.

I mainly try to do something I enjoy everyday because I have found that if I put something on my calendar that I just don't enjoy, I will find an excuse not to do it.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
April 17th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I'm on day 17 of 30 day shred, add in some other cardio several times a week. I have some other videos and such for once I'm done 30DS. I also have a bowflex that I need to start using!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 18th, 2013, 01:27 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I go to the gym whenever I get the chance, I do either a weight circuit and cardio or free weights and cardio. At home I walk or do the treadmill, and usually a strength or cardio/strength mix circuit.

I should be starting with a trainer next week though, I'm a little scared

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search