May Chat!

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2013, 06:30 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
We had 114 posts for our April chat; I think that must be a record. What's going on lately, everybody?

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

May 2nd, 2013, 08:04 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Not a whole lot here, just working. I'm really hoping to be able to drag my butt out of bed in the morning to go for a run before the kids wake up! (DH will be home).
May 3rd, 2013, 08:27 AM
Chantelle, what is your weather like? We've been getting snow for two days now- not tons of it but enough to cover everything again. It's getting tedious, LOL!

I was supposed to go see my midwife today but she had to cancel because of a highway closed due to flooding and now the snow. So that's rescheduled for Sunday afternoon. I haven't seen her in about five weeks now and I'm anxious to see how my b/p is doing.

Anyway, I hope everybody is having a good day!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

May 3rd, 2013, 08:59 AM
nurselochia's Avatar Marathon running mom of 4
Ugh, snow. Snow should be illegal in May, but that's just my opinion. I'm having a hard time getting motivated today because of the rain. It's supposed to rain through the weekend, too. Not good.

I'm doing this plank challenge this month and today is a 30 second day and even that short amount of time makes my body shake...by the end of the month the goal is 5 minutes...little scared for that!

I went for a short run yesterday before the rain started. Only did 2.5 miles, but it felt good to get out and I was very pleasantly surprised that I am completely recovered from the marathon already. After my first marathon, it took almost 2 weeks before I couldn't tell I had run one.

Jennifer, how are you feeling these days?

Thanks Jaidynsmum!!

May 3rd, 2013, 11:04 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Jumping in here

Had a terrible morning. I was walking with the stroller and the dog, and another dog attacked mine. I spent the whole morning dealing with that and DH ended up leaving work to take her to the vet (I thought she was 80lbs, but weighed in at 87lbs!) since I can't hold her down. Now I didn't get my walk in and I'm all out of sorts. Waiting for DS to go for his afternoon nap and I'll hop on the treadmill instead. I can't go for a walk and not take her so I'll be treadmill bound for a few days.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
May 3rd, 2013, 03:07 PM
Oh no! How scary! Hope she's ok.

Thanks Jaidynsmum!!

May 3rd, 2013, 03:14 PM
Oh, Jess... jump away! I'm sorry to hear about your poor doggie. I guess she's ok? Sounds like she's a big girl!

Jaime, is the plank challenge something you found online? 5 minutes would scare me, too! I'm feeling really well, thank you for asking. Some days I hardly feel pregnant, and other days I hardly feel alive. We haven't done any prep for this poor baby at all yet. I kept telling myself that I still have a "couple of months". Well, just realized today that I have only about 40 days left! Sooner or later I'm going to have to stop telling myself there's still lots of time.

We are doing a movie night tonight- The Hobbit. We haven't seen it yet, so I hope it is good. I'm sure it is LONG. I should get moving so we can start it!

May 3rd, 2013, 04:53 PM
She's ok...not great and on antibiotics. But if it had been an inch one way it would have hit her wind pipe, and one inch the other way would have been her big vein...so lucky where it ended up being. The other dog and owner just kept going because I didn't realize she was hurt

So she can't come on our walks for a bit, I'm going to feel bad leaving her!

We had beautiful weather though here today, and I got DS's lifejacket for when we go boating on the May long weekend!

Jess
May 4th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Glad that she's ok. Poor pup!

Jennifer, a friend of mine posted it on facebook a few days ago, and I figured, hey, why not try? I doubt I'll be able to do 5 minutes. 30 seconds was a struggle yesterday!

I just got back from the ball park...2 practices today, and it's muddy. The kids are covered. More laundry for me! Yay!

Thanks Jaidynsmum!!

May 4th, 2013, 11:58 AM
today I'm just thankful that it has stopped snowing!

May 4th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Oh my! Snow still? It was 24C here today.

Gearing up to start Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 on Monday!

Jess
May 5th, 2013, 11:08 AM
[QUOTE=jhmomofmany;27336691]Chantelle, what is your weather like? We've been getting snow for two days now- not tons of it but enough to cover everything again. It's getting tedious, LOL/QUOTE]

Wow, it's 26C here today!

We spent most of the morning playing outside, and we're heading to the playground this afternoon.
May 5th, 2013, 04:18 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jennifer - You must have been getting the snow that we got on the 1st of May. I'm soooo tired of snow and winter already! I hope your midwife appointment goes well! Sorry you had to cancel. Glad that your pregnancy is going well!

Jaime - That plank challenge sounds great! I think I would like that one better than the push up challenge that I was going to start this month.

Jess - How scary about your dog! I'm glad that she is doing okay though!! I hope she recovers quickly and is back to taking walks with you soon!

AFM - It's been crazy busy here this whole week! Wednesday we were on the road most of the day (in the cruddy snowy weather) taking a bull back down to the guy we bought him from. (His vet needed to look at him as we had a problem with him). Thursday I spent all day prepping food to feed 14-15 people, taking Kendra to soccer practice, and running a ton of errands in town. Soccer practice was a blast! The coach had the kids scrimmage against some of the parents! The kids won (only because we let them) and the kids got trophies from their coach. I was up until 11:30 prepping food for the next day though. Friday was a full day of being on my feet because we were working cows and branding calves. At least it was a gorgeous day for doing it! Saturday was Kendra's last soccer game for the season (and back to a taste of winter with a chilly North wind) and my Mom came out to spend the day with the kids and I. Today is my birthday. Officially 32. Not much different than any other day, but DH thought it would be nice to go out and eat at the new Mexican food restaurant in town. I'm really looking forward to that! I've totally been slacking on my calorie counting and working out this week where it has been so busy and with it being my birthday (mmmmm....cake! LOL!). Ready to get back to it tomorrow though!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

May 9th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Just popping in I'm at work today and it's so nice out! Supposed to start raining this afternoon though..

I have my first personal training session tomorrow, and I'm terrified to see what he's put together for my program!
May 9th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Chantelle - How exciting about meeting with your personal trainer tomorrow!

We got a couple nice days here and now it is chilly again. I heard someone say yesterday that we are supposed to get a late (hard) freeze around the 26th of May. I have also just had that "gut feeling" that it was going to stay cold....so thinking our nice warm spring weather won't probably get here to stay until June. The guy that is working on our duct work finally called yesterday. Apparently he had to order some parts which is why he never came back out the next day (like he said he was going to). So need to go down and get my workout in now....otherwise I risk not getting one in today. Just lacking in motivation to do it right now. Not too much else going on here.

May 9th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Happy belated Kelsey!!!

Going for a walk this afternoon! Heading out to a friend's to do the walk with her and her daughter and still have to leave our dog at home since she hasn't been cleared yet to go for walks (her collar sits right on her bite).

Good luck Chantelle!

Jess
May 9th, 2013, 12:19 PM
I hope it goes well, Chantelle! You know we will want a full report!

Kelsey, we are also in for some cooler weather for at least the next week. Yesterday they showed snow showers in the forecast for Sunday, but as of today that's been changed to rain. Thank goodness! Snow in April is bad enough; snow in May is downright depressing!

Jess, enjoy your walk!

I don't know if I will do anything today. I changed my PCP so I could see a different doctor. My BP has stayed pretty elevated (although better than what it was before this pregnancy) so I'm on an additional medication. I hope it helps. The 13th, not the 10th, is our last day of internet. DH has two job offers that he is looking at. Company A will pay better and allow him one day home a week, rather than several weeks out and then a few days home. This one is also sending him an offer letter, whereas the rep for the other company claimed that they didn't have anything in writing regarding pay or home time, benefits, etc. So I'm really hoping it will work out with Company A and he's not stuck working for Company X. Anyway, that's it for now. I have to go find some lunch and then maybe I'll go for a walk.

May 9th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Hope things work out with Company A as well! That sounds great!

Jess
May 9th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Thanks, Jess! He has to go for a physical on Monday, which shouldn't present a problem.

So, I had to make myself a separate meatless dinner tonight and it turned out so good, thought I would share what I did. This ended up making two or maybe three servings. I used 1/4 cup brown rice, half a can of beans (drained), half a can of diced tomato (drained), chopped onion, chopped red bell pepper, and about 1/2 of a block of frozen spinach. Poured in about 3/4 cup water and some chili seasoning, brought to a boil then simmered until the rice was done. Came out too "soupy" to put on tortillas but still... it was so good! I didn't feel bad at all that I was missing out on the meat.

May 10th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Jess - Hope you had a good walk!

Jennifer - I hope your DH gets the job with company A! Having everything in writing definitely sounds like a better deal.

AFM - Duct work in the basement is almost done! They were short 2 boots so will have to come back out to finish up. They have all the other prep work done so it should only take them like 10 minutes to finish. Now if the guy doing the fence would just call back with a quote and approximate time frame....Other than that, not much happening here.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search