What do you do when you get discouraged?

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 2pinks&ablue

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2013, 08:03 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I have to admit I have been feeling more discouraged lately. Yesterday was a bad day so we didn't get time to workout until around 9pm and by then I was just too tired. I think part of my problem is I'm pushing myself really hard right now and then I feel disappointed when I can't do it all.

What helps me is to just come here and talk about it and to remind myself that it is just one day. Basically I just keep starting over.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
May 9th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I take a few days off and try not to think about it. And I try to get some extra sleep

You are doing great Patty! Sometimes we just all need a break.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
May 9th, 2013, 10:55 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I don't deal with days like that very well, Patty. If I have to miss a workout or two I get upset and start thinking I might as well just forget it. I'm too "all or nothing" for my own good. And right now I'm discouraged because I really can't workout like I want to, and I really do have to gain those dratted "maternal fat stores". And even though this pregnancy is almost over, the last month is always the longest. Just trying to remind myself to do what I can for today.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

May 9th, 2013, 01:08 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sometimes I will take a day off and then get back at it. Other days I try to push myself through a workout even when I don't feel like it (because I know that when I am in a certain mood, it will be easier for me to turn a day off into a week off and then fall off the bandwagon). When I am in one of those moods and make myself workout, then I usually feel a bit better about myself. It all kind of depends on what kind of mood/how discouraged I am.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

May 10th, 2013, 02:20 PM
nurselochia's Avatar Marathon running mom of 4
I'm struggling with this right now. I'm sure some of it's hormone related, but I'm really discouraged with my weightloss right now. I just can't seem to drop any weight and if anything, I feel like I'm bigger now than I was at the beginning of the year. I eat pretty healthy, I exercise on a regular basis. I think what pushed me over the edge was yesterday: I went up to the attic for hot rollers (a friend and I are going to a show, and you dress up kinda funky..long story lol) and found my old party clothes from before kids/marriage. So I get that it was 2000-2002 when I wore these clothes, but I decided to try them on anyway. My pleather pants fit ok My old bar shirts? That used to hit my pant line? Halter tops with a big ole muffin at the bottom. Now I don't know what I expected but it really put it into perspective how much my body has changed over the last several years. And it did nothing to motivate me. So, I guess in a round about way, I don't really have anything that helps me when I'm discouraged.

Thanks Jaidynsmum!!

May 11th, 2013, 10:12 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I keep a pair of my "fat pants" in my closet that I can take out to remind myself of how far I've come already, and a pair of "goal pants" to show where I want to be. It helps to see my going forget from the bigger ones and closer to the small ones.
Enceinte2012 likes this.
May 13th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Enceinte2012's Avatar Super Mommy
I have a pair of 'Goal Pants' front and center in my closet. I also put a picture of myself at a Healthy Weight (Yes, from High school ten years ago - lol) on my fridge, to remind myself that this will be worth every drop of sweat.

~*~Meghann~*~
Proud Mommy to Amber and Addyson

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search