Exercise induced migraine

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 11th, 2013, 06:40 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Has anyone ever experienced an exercise induced migraine?
I have had several of them and had one today. It was awful. At the end of my workout I started feeling dizzy and getting streaks through my vision. I usually get auras like this before my migraines. I had to lie on the floor of my basement for a while before I could get up and I still feel lousy. I didn't feel like I worked any harder than I usually do but I may have been a little dehydrated. I tried to do a little reading on this and exercise is a migraine trigger but I didn't learn too much about how to avoid them. I am going to try to up my water intake though to see if that helps.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
May 11th, 2013, 10:59 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
It's so strange that you posted this because I had this happen for the first time a few days ago! I blamed it on leaning back to far on stability ball for crunches (blood rushing to my head).
May 12th, 2013, 06:18 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I've never had that happen but it doesn't sound good at all! I hope upping your water intake helps avoid this!

PS - LOVE your new siggy!!!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
May 12th, 2013, 07:31 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've gotten a handful of headaches during my workouts, but never as bad as a migraine. I've also had workouts help get rid of headaches too (I think those were more tension related and working out helped relax the muscle or something).

So sorry you got such a bad one yesterday! I hope the increased water intake helps!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

May 12th, 2013, 08:58 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I've not had migraines, but I have experienced exercise-induced headaches. I also suspected it tends to happen if I am dehydrated before my workout, or if I get overheated. I'm sorry this happened to you; I hope you find a way to avoid it!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

May 13th, 2013, 07:27 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyloves2dance View Post
I've gotten a handful of headaches during my workouts, but never as bad as a migraine. I've also had workouts help get rid of headaches too (I think those were more tension related and working out helped relax the muscle or something).

So sorry you got such a bad one yesterday! I hope the increased water intake helps!
It is very weird but I have had exercise get rid of some of my migraines. I've done it a few times when I had a migraine and by the end of the workout my headache was gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessimaaka View Post
I've never had that happen but it doesn't sound good at all! I hope upping your water intake helps avoid this!

PS - LOVE your new siggy!!!
Thank you. I was having a little anxiety about it. I feel self conscious in my swim suit for some reason.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search