New here!

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2013, 12:31 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
Just found out about this board. I figure we are all kind of in similar situations. I'm breastfeeding so I have to eat 2400 calories a day, but I'm not trying to lose weight, I'm trying to pass my pt test! I have 2 babies, a 16 month old and and 11 week old. I'm in the Army. I hated exercise but I found out why, I think it was an authority problem, being made to get up at 4am and do it for an hour and a half with a bunch of people. NOT my thing! Well after being stretched out by 2 kids running doesn't hurt much anymore, as in that cramp you get in your side.

I started using the app called get running on your phone, and I am on week 4 run 2. I hadn't missed a single run, or fell out a single time except for this weekend. I fell really sick on friday and missed my weekend runs But I get back at it today! Hoping this board can help motivate me.

May 13th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi! I'm new here too.

I'm working on my running too. Not in the Army but my husband is and I have a bet going with him that by the time he gets back I'm gonna outrun him. I have a looooong way to go, I just started 30/60s and my 2 mile is like 27 minutes right now, but considering I used to walk 2 miles in like 40+ minutes I don't think that's awful progress so far.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

May 13th, 2013, 01:52 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Hey! Welcome to the board! I'm not working on weightloss either. I think everyone has their own goals. We have a few runners on the board (I'm not one of them). I mostly do strength training but I try to do some type of cardio a few times a week. I love watching everyone make progress towards their goals, whatever they might be. It's a really great board to help keep you motivated. I know that I am still not at the point where I love exercise. I find myself dreading my workouts most of the time. I just like the results.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
May 13th, 2013, 03:13 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the board!

I'm Kelsey, mommy to Kendra (6 1/2) and Josh (almost 3). I would say I am a "runner wanna-be" right now...haven't really ran since high school. I'm planning on trying out the couch to 5K program after school gets out for the year. DH is a farmer/rancher and it is one of his super busy times of the year right now, so it will be easier to get the workouts in if my DD is home to watch my DS. I'm currently working on losing those last 10-15 stubborn pounds.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

May 13th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Welcome! I'm Jess, mommy to 9 month old Cameron.

I am not a runner, I'm also a wannabe...I started Couch to 5K but fell off it in week 3 and need to start again. But the board is fantastic for motivation!!! You'll enjoy this board

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
May 13th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi! New here also. I'm hoping this board will keep me motivated and help me get my much need pounds lost. I have a 19 month old daughter and just stopped bfing in January. Since then I feel like I may have lost an inch or so but I still have a long way to go! Yeah for running and sticking to it!
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
May 14th, 2013, 08:45 AM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
Nice to meet you all I'm soooo surprised I'm sticking to this couch to 5k thing. It's better than the PT program I'd be forced onto if I fail my PT test though. I just hope it's effective. I have to be able to run 2 miles in 19 minutes and 40 seconds, and do 17 push ups in 2 minutes and 50 sit ups in 2 minutes. So it's pretty easy but I hope I can do it. The bad thing about C25K is that it doesn't track distance, but hubby bought a fancy heart moniter I'm going to start using. I plan on doing the 5k my work is putting up June 15th. I was joking around saying that if I can't do the 5k I want my $2.99 back for false advertising!

May 14th, 2013, 11:52 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Welcome! I'm Chantelle, mommy to Alyssa (5), Rylan (4), Sophia (22 months) and Hannah (8 months). I was a runner before my last pregnancy, and I plan on getting back at it again!
May 14th, 2013, 04:03 PM
nurselochia's Avatar Marathon running mom of 4
Hi! Welcome to the board! I'm Jaime, momma to Jacob(9), Clara(8), Isaiah(5) and Caleb(2). I am a runner I got back into it after my youngest was born, couldn't run a mile without stopping but I trained and I ran my first marathon when Caleb was 12 months old.

Thanks Jaidynsmum!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search