Losing weight/getting fit the right way...

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2013, 09:27 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Do you find yourself wanting to fall back on bad habits? Do you ever lose faith in doing things the "right way"?

When I first started working out I was trying to keep my calories around 1400 calories or so. I finally realized if I wanted to grow muscles I needed to eat more and eat better. I think this is the one big thing I did wrong the last time I tried to get in shape. Now I eat A LOT more but I try to make good choices (admittedly I haven't been doing the best job with that lately but I'm getting back on track). One thing I've learned is that starving doesn't work and you really do need to eat. You need to exercise and you need to eat. I really didn't believe that I needed as many calories but I've found that my body looks better, my muscles are getting stronger, and I think it's because I'm eating more/better.

I think it's easy to try to take shortcuts but you really have to do things slow and steady.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
May 16th, 2013, 10:40 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I have the same problem as you. When I went for my consultation with the trainer he asked me to tell him what I ate in a typical day. Then he says "That's all really good food, but not nearly enough" I couldn't believe it!
May 16th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The "right way" for me is slightly different than what most people consider it. I think that different things work for different people. For me, a ketogenic diet is what works for me. I've had issues with carbs in the past but I really don't feel like slipping back into my old carb loving ways very often. I did mess up and have 2 cookies and half a muffin yesterday but I'm back on the wagon today. This is a lifestyle change for me, it has to be, so even when I mess up I just keep the faith and try to go back to what is working. I don't want to go back to my old ways, I felt awful all the time back then. I think how good I feel now keeps me from slipping back, even when it's hard sometimes.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

May 16th, 2013, 12:55 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pinks&ablue View Post
I have the same problem as you. When I went for my consultation with the trainer he asked me to tell him what I ate in a typical day. Then he says "That's all really good food, but not nearly enough" I couldn't believe it!
I had a hard time with that at first but he is right. You will feel guilty and you will feel weird about it, but you really do need to eat more. I think it's made a big difference in how much progress I've made.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
May 18th, 2013, 08:39 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have been trying really hard not to fall back into old habits. I do catch myself eating too much or lots of "not so healthy" food occasionally though. This last week has been really hard where we have been so busy. Yesterday was Subway for lunch and leftover pizza hut pizza for supper. Missed breakfast because I had to get into town and then got hungry when I got there....slipped and grabbed a candy bar at the gas station (great breakfast huh ).

I do start to lose faith in doing things the "right way" quite often. I've been re-losing the same 5 pounds for the last 4 months. And it always seems like the numbers go down after a "bad day" and up after days that I get in a good workout and eat right. I'm actually going through a pretty discouraged stage right now. I don't think it helps that I have missed so many workouts because I have been so busy.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

May 20th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I have been good about eating breakfast, but when I return to work, it will be the hardest to keep up with. I hope to plan it out the night before!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search