Question..

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2005, 11:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well 2 questions accually --

1 -- according to every age-hieght cart, i'm within my right wieght range. But I can clearly see on my tummy, that I need to loss some flab. I feel like i'm saying that setting myself up for an eating disorder. But -- is it possible to be within your weight range, and need to loss some in a certain area?

2 -- I've been walking everyother day 2 miles with Buddy, as well as his normal walks about 20 minutes. Is that going to help my tummy at all? If not what will?

I have to wear a 2 piece bathing suit for work this summer and don't feel comfortable getting into a two piece right now. I've also been watching what i'm eating. I've been eating more fruits, not so much veggies, and not eating any "junk" <<brownies, cookies, popcorn, other snacks that are just junk>>
Also, does swimming help your tummy at all? because i'm going to start going swimming after I do the 2 mile walk with Buddy, for an hour. Or does it sound like i'm pushing to much exersise and its going to kill me [not literally, but exhaust me].

THanks in Advance!
April 21st, 2005, 09:01 AM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally posted by Fallen2Love@Apr 20 2005, 11:06 AM
Well 2 questions accually --

1 --* according to every age-hieght cart, i'm within my right wieght range.* But I can clearly see on my tummy, that I need to loss some flab.* I feel like i'm saying that setting myself up for an eating disorder.* But -- is it possible to be within your weight range, and need to loss some in a certain area?

I know what you mean.* My body fat is 18%, but I still have a lot of flab on my tummy from pregnancy.* I dont' need to lose weight, but I certainly need to tone in that area.* Try pilates- most of those exercises are great for tummy-toning.

2 -- I've been walking everyother day 2 miles with Buddy, as well as his normal walks about 20 minutes.* Is that going to help my tummy at all?* If not what will?

I have to wear a 2 piece bathing suit for work this summer and don't feel comfortable getting into a two piece right now.* I've also been watching what i'm eating.* I've been eating more fruits, not so much veggies, and not eating any "junk" <<brownies, cookies, popcorn, other snacks that are just junk>>
Also, does swimming help your tummy at all?* because i'm going to start going swimming after I do the 2 mile walk with Buddy, for an hour.* Or does it sound like i'm pushing to much exersise and its going to kill me [not literally, but exhaust me].

THanks in Advance!
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

</div>
April 21st, 2005, 09:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad i'm not the only one!

What are pilates?
April 21st, 2005, 12:30 PM
Eden's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey there,
For your first question, yes, it is possible to lose some weight while in your healthy weight range. That range is VERY wide, because all our bodies are so different. E.g. if you get ten 5'4", 140lb females together, they may look very different and have different needs with respect to their bodies.

You're doing a good thing by walking and cutting back on the 'sweets'. It appears that you may not have much fat to lose, and so it may be challenging to get rid of it. ( Generally, the less fat to lose, the more stubborn it is to budge).

You may want to do some kind of resistant training if you can. That burns fat and increases metabolism in a serious way. But keep doing your walking as well.

BTW, it's always a good idea to get more veggies in
April 21st, 2005, 12:33 PM
Basic info about Pilates: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilates
There are lots of Pilates DVDs and VHSs around. There's also a gym. Just be careful beginning any new fitness program.
April 22nd, 2005, 06:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thank you!

I keep walking, and keep planning on swimming, its just kinda far away and costs money [LOL!]. I can see a small difference in my tummy area, but not much at all.

I'll have to start buying more "veggies" i'm just not a big fan of them like I am of fruits.
April 22nd, 2005, 12:13 PM
It may take a while to adjust to eating more veggies. Try some fun, easy recipes. Also, be careful of your ruit intake. Fruits are important because of their nutrient content, but overdoing the really sweet ones on a regular basis, may up your blood sugar levels to where you don't want them to be...and that could also lead to fat storage.

Good luck to you, and congrats on your healthy start!
April 25th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The biggest fruit I eat is Oranges [they are a fruit right? or i'll feel really stupid!], but i'm supposed to have an extra glass of OJ or orange every day, by DR orders [LOL]. They did blood work and some level was low and that was the note, about it, i'm supposed to be re-check but after last time, I refuse bloodwork, if its by a certain person. LOL!

They didn't have any good looking veggies, while I was out today.

But I was at the store and was like, dang I havn't had soda, or fast food in amost a month [except for vaccation].
April 25th, 2005, 06:09 PM
Yes, oranges are fruits and congrats on being soda and fast food free for that time! Good for you. You're doing just great.
Do try to pick up some good veggies though. That should get easier as the weather improves.
Take care!
April 27th, 2005, 08:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm going by walmart today [an excuse to leave Buddy alone], so hopefully they'll have some veggies, or good looking oranges [I peeled 2 yesterday and they were dry and hard -- yuck].

I have been watching proportions some. Normally, I snack alot in between meals. So, i've cut out the snacking, and only eat 3 meals, and maybe 1 snack if i'm really hungry.

I'm still walking everyday. I've already noticed a BIG difference compaired to what my tummy looked like last summer to looking in the mirror the other day. I also lost 5 pounds, I'm not sure if its because of walking, or eat healthier, or both.

But i'm craving some chocolote, LOL! And thats on the banned list for now.

I'm so ready for the nice weather, we've had thunderstorms, so its hard to get out

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search