How do you decide if your goals are too hard/unrealistic

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By *Kiliki*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2013, 08:24 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
or if you are just not working hard enough?

I like my workout plan but it requires me to work hard 6 days a week. I don't really want to make it easier because I like my plan but I'm not accomplishing my goals so I keep thinking maybe it's just too hard or unrealistic. I don't want to change it though because I'm stubborn. I think I need to change some of the other things in my life so that I can get my workouts in more consistently. I was doing really good for months but now I keep falling off the horse and getting back on it.

Are you trying to lose weight or get in shape? Stop by the Mommy Fitness board and say hello.

Friend me on Facebook!
June 3rd, 2013, 09:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I've set my goals pretty easy so that I could reach them. I just haven't been working as hard as I should be lately.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

June 3rd, 2013, 09:44 AM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
I decide if they are too unrealistic if I cannot get out of bed the next day. Or if I'm feeling hungry all the time (too many cut calories).

I'm a lazy person by nature. I don't like to actually have to do anything. So even getting in 1-2 workouts is a big deal... the fact right now I've got 4... is really pushing it. But I know it's not unrealistic, because in total it is barely 90 minutes of exercise. But it's the type of exercise that it is, that will keep me going...
TTC #1 together since December 2011
ttc naturally until end of year

May 6th- bfp @ 10dpo ended in a Chemical Pregnancy May 15th @5w1d

Me: Hashi's, PCOS,Multiple miscarriages
Him: MFI low count, low morphology, low motility Vitamins started August 2nd.

June 3rd, 2013, 10:16 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
If it something I never meet, then I decide its unrealistic and try to break it up. For example, I tried starting couch to 5K in Jan/Feb...and after week 2 I was dying. I knew I was not ready to go onto week 3. I took a few months and did intervals on the treadmill and Jillian Michaels, and more walking all to build up my endurance and started again and now I'm on week 5.

Of course you want your goals to push you, but not to the point its demotivating.
Surprise baby! due 3/27/2017

Save
Save
Save
June 3rd, 2013, 10:27 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
Maybe try revising your goals and then working up from there? Do not feel shame in not being able to do something...just means you need to try something new and work your way up to being able to do what you really want to do

remember this

Jessimaaka likes this.

Kristy, wife to Karl 6.16.01, Mom to Raianna 12.7.00, Elyse 12.3.02 and Helena 7.20.07, step-mom to Frankie 7.3.97 and step-grandma to October 3.9.15

June 3rd, 2013, 06:11 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I don't necessarily change my goals when I feel that way, but I do sometimes change my deadlines if I realize that I just can't do it yet.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search