Frustrated!

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 2pinks&ablue

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2013, 01:19 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I can't tell you all how much I hate people who say "I'm lucky, I'm just a naturally fit person, I don't need to work at it because I'm already thin". Sorry darling, but being thin and being fit are NOT the same thing. Ugh. Okay, rant over
*Kiliki* likes this.
June 5th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
They really are two different things. A person can be "skinny fat“, thin looking but fat on the inside and weigh less than someone who is fit. Even at the size I am now, I know people thinner but in way worse shape than me and I'm not super fit by any stretch of the imagination.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

June 5th, 2013, 02:06 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
here here to that!! I am not one who can sit there and not work out and expect to not gain weight....if I stopped right now I would be back at 165lbs by years end I am sure...even if I did not eat any more than what I am eating now
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

June 5th, 2013, 02:12 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well it will eventually catch up to them. I have known quite a few people who have said they are naturally thin and they can eat what they want. Well when they get older their metabolism slows down and they pack on the pounds, plus they are unhealthy.

I feel good when I take care of myself and being fit a great reward from all my hard work.

yes people like that drive me crazy too but it will eventually catch up to them.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 5th, 2013, 02:18 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Definitely frustrating. Agree that skinny and fit aren't the same. And also, no one likes to hear stuff like that. It comes across as bragging, even if it's not something to brag about.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

June 5th, 2013, 04:02 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenyx View Post
They really are two different things. A person can be "skinny fat&ldquo;, thin looking but fat on the inside and weigh less than someone who is fit. Even at the size I am now, I know people thinner but in way worse shape than me and I'm not super fit by any stretch of the imagination.
That was ME exactly! I was skinny but my entire body was all flab. I didn't have hardly any muscle tone at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalaw View Post
Well it will eventually catch up to them. I have known quite a few people who have said they are naturally thin and they can eat what they want. Well when they get older their metabolism slows down and they pack on the pounds, plus they are unhealthy.

I feel good when I take care of myself and being fit a great reward from all my hard work.

yes people like that drive me crazy too but it will eventually catch up to them.
ITA! I think it will catch up with them eventually. Unless they have a physically demanding job or something like that.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
June 5th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I used to be the skinny once...but I was a waitress, I worked at Tim Hortons, I taught dance twice a week and I played baseball 2-3 times a week. I never specifically worked out. But I moved enough to not gain weight. I most certainly did NOT brag about it.

I finished university. Got a 'desk job' and gained 40lbs in 4 years. Lost 10 for my wedding. Then quit smoking....add another 25lbs. And then got pregnant. Add another 50lbs.

Here I am!!! I am proof that it does catch up with you...even if you don't 'brag' about it...it is something you need to work for!

Sorry...I get carried away...lol...I am mad at myself for letting myself go like that and am slowly getting back there.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014

Last edited by Jessimaaka; June 5th, 2013 at 05:48 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search