Ready to get started!

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 12th, 2013, 03:10 AM
nikki-pie's Avatar Expecting #1 Apr 5th!!
Hi ladies! My name is Nikki, i am 10 weeks post partum (c section), i am strictly breast feeding and i am so ready to start attempting to get at least a somewhat decent body back! Haha i avoid mirrors when i'm naked at all costs. This is my 1st baby, and lets say i was not prepared for my PP look anyways i want to lose about 40 LBS. Super cool that there is a support page! Over the past week i have started doing squats and such at night before bed. I don't want to push myself too hard but i am slowly coaxing into it. Any suggestions for light exercises that wouldn't irritate my abdominal muscles too much, but would help tighten me up a bit? My tummy is still pretty weak from being stretched and sliced
June 12th, 2013, 05:11 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Nikki! Good to see you over here! I've been doing some Pilates for my abs...I googled postnatal Pilates and found some videos. Anyway...good luck on the weight loss@

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

June 12th, 2013, 06:06 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Welcome I had a c-section and was EBF. 10 months out I've lost 65lbs (gained 50lbs pregnant).

This is a wonderful board for motivation and encouragement!

Before doing situps and other abdominal exercises, make sure you don't have diastasis recti....doing abdominal exercises can make it worse rather than helping.

I also started with just walking. And then I found some mommy and baby classes (an aerobic one, and water yoga!), and after almost 6 months I was able to do Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I found the biggest improvement from Jillian Michaels, but definitely wasn't ready to do it before then. I've never tried pilates though.

Good luck!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
June 12th, 2013, 06:45 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
hello and welcome!! the first thing I would suggest is walking!! pack that baby up in a stroller and go for walks whenever you can.....it is excellent exercise and low impact as well!! and you get the added bonus of pushing a stroller too!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

June 12th, 2013, 08:20 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the board Nikki!

I agree that just walking would be a great exercise!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

June 12th, 2013, 10:44 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I have a hernia, so everything I do ab wise has to be weighed against the pain it'll cause me in the ab area. The best way too lose weight is to do cardio stuff though, so just taking a walk is great and doesn't really take any ab stuff. As for tightening it up though, my hernia is in my upper ab muscles, so I try to concentrate on stuff that works the lower ones. I've never had a c-section, but there might be a way to concentrate on the area that wasn't sliced.

June 12th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!
I also agree with the walking. I started after I had my DD and had lost my 40lbs of baby weight super quick.
I'm not much help about the tightening thing but the other ladies seem to have good suggestions.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

June 12th, 2013, 12:36 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Welcome! I agree that walking would be a great start, I've never had a c-section though so I can't offer much advice past that. Good luck on your weight loss!
June 12th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I also agree to walking. Pushing a stroller is great work and better than nothing and a good way to get started. Or, if you have a carrier, carrying baby around while walking is also a good light walking workout.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

June 13th, 2013, 07:49 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Welcome to the board! I have had one csection and I can relate with the not loving that PP bod. My csection made me hate my ab section for a long time but it will get better. I would make sure it's okay with your doctor but you should be able to start working on your abs now as long as everything is healed. I would focus on things that burn fat like walking or some type of cardio exercise because that is going to help you more than doing spot training on your abs. But, when you are ready I would try doing crunches (try to work each muscle lower, upper, obliques and core) and then maybe move up to weighted crunches. I had a csection and weighted crunches is what finally made my abs start looking tighter. It just takes a little time and you'll start seeing changes.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search