Pre-pregnancy weight and exercise program?

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 12th, 2013, 12:36 PM
PinkHurricane's Avatar Super Mommy
I was curious what everyone's pre-pregnancy weight was and if you were working through an exercise regimen or program before you got pregnant. I am currently 243 lbs, my highest was 275 and I've lost 32 lbs. While I am happy with this, I figured getting even lower into the 230s or 220s would be ideal before I get pregnant. We just started TTC and I assume I can continue running and doing Insanity unless I get pregnant before I finish that program. My original goal was to be well under 250lbs to have a better chance of having a healthy pregnancy, and I have heard of women who were well overweight or obese and were able to have a healthy pregnancy.

What was your prepregnancy weight and exercise program before you had a baby?
June 12th, 2013, 01:55 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am pretty small so my pre pregnancy weight was pretty low but I did workout before both of my pregnancies and I continued to workout during and after both pregnancies. I wouldn't worry so much about what other's prepregnancy weight was I would just focus on getting healthy for that baby your going have.

Your on a roll with your weight loss and doing Insanity is definitely going to help. I would just keep doing that and continue to lose weight and eat healthy until you get pregnant. then I would definitely try to keep it up during your pregnancy but just like you said definitely take it down a bit. I don't think Insanity would work during pregnancy.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 12th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Okay thank you so much for your response Melissa! I have always be a curvy girl, usually my healthy weight ranges has always been 180-200lbs so ideally I would love to be as close to 200 lbs as possible prepregnancy, but I would be just as happy being in the 220s or mid 230s prepregnancy as well!

What type of exercises did you do during your pregnancy?
June 12th, 2013, 02:42 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
My first child I was 128lbs before hand and I was in really good shape because I was dancing all the time...my most recent my starting was 174lbs, and I was not in good shape at all.

June 12th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was 234 when I got pregnant and gained 40lbs. I didn't really work out much before or during my pregnancy.
I had a relatively easy pregnancy until the last 3rd. I didn't have preeclampsia but had issues with my BP (the OB thinks it was preexisting and the pregnancy/weight gain made it worse)
I want to do things differently next pregnancy. I'm working on getting down to a healthier weight, and I'm a lot more active so I want to stay active when I get pregnant again too.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

June 12th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Wow thank you so much for the responses! I love getting perspectives of others on stuff like this, and Aenyx I just want to say way to go on your weight loss, you are kicking butt, that is amazing!!!
June 12th, 2013, 03:39 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Pre-pregnancy with my first was about 145 kbs and I did not exercise much, after my second I started working out and got down to 127 when I got pregnant with my third, after having my fourth (my third was only 4 months old so I hadn't lost much), I weighed 189 lbs, now I'm down to about 152.
June 12th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Wow Chantelle! I had no idea you were that high when starting with Hannah! You've done amazing!!!!

My pre-pregnancy was 180...I had recently struggled for 4 months to quit smoking and gained 25lbs in the process, so my usual was in the mid 150s. I gained 50lbs on top of that, to top out at 230lbs. My son is 10 months, and I'm 165 and still losing. Gearing up to try for #2 at a much healthier weight.

Great job so far OP!!!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
June 12th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkHurricane View Post
Wow thank you so much for the responses! I love getting perspectives of others on stuff like this, and Aenyx I just want to say way to go on your weight loss, you are kicking butt, that is amazing!!!
Thanks! It's been a slow road (274 in August 2011) with some ups and downs along the way. I just started working on it again in December 2012 after seriously slacking for a while at 245 (that's what my ticker is set from).

You've done an amazing job so far too!

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

June 13th, 2013, 07:44 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I did not really exercise before I got pregnant. I weighed 146 when I got pregnant with Shawn. I did not do any type of exercise during my pregnancy. All of my pregnancies have been high risk so I was always scared to exercise during my pregnancy. With Shawn the weight came right off after I had him. I think breastfeeding helped a lot.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
June 13th, 2013, 08:08 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
During pregnancy I do the same type of exercises that I do when I'm not pregnant I just take it down a bit. I will walk at a fast pace instead of jogging. I will still lift weights just lighten the weight amount. I still do step aerobics just not alot of jumping and I will still do kickbox again just take out alot of the jumping. I think the main thing during pregnancy is to just not let your heart rate get out of control.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 13th, 2013, 09:23 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Before and during my first pregnancy (DD) I was teaching dance classes 4 hours a day 5 days a week. Same with my 2nd pregnancy (which ended with a miscarriage at 12 weeks). My 3rd pregnancy (DS) I was just helping out around the farm - had quit teaching dance earlier that year. Didn't really do too much more than cleaning house and helping with what I could around the farm. Had terrible sciatic pains that made it tough to do anything.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search