My new workout logs/plan

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By pattyandthemoos
  • 1 Post By pattyandthemoos

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 15th, 2013, 01:32 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator

So this is what I've come up with. I made two workouts, one that I will do with dh using heavier weights (the AM Workout) and one that I will either do by myself or with dh using lighter weights (the PM Workout). I would like to do both of these workouts 6 days a week, but realistically I am going to plan on doing at least one or the other workout. This way I have options. I left room for four sets on both workouts but I may only do 3. It just depends on how long it takes. I figured if there was room for 4 sets I could always increase that. I'm really excited about trying the circuit workouts. I made those all with dumbbells and would like to do around 15-20 reps per rotation through the circuit. I am still thinking about this. Seriously I have been planning this for two days now and keep changing things. I'd like to use these logs routines for 12 weeks, especially since they took me so long to come up with. I haven't made up my how I am going to do the morning workout - the #of sets/reps or how much weight I will use, heavy or lighter, go up in increments or use the same weight. I'm still thinking on that.

EDITED: After discussing things with some of my friends that lift I decided I am going to switch my afternoon workout (the lighter one) to the morning and do the heavier one in the afternoon. Two reasons, one I think that will be better for muscle growth and two dh likes to workout in the afternoon better so if I do the first one in the morning I will be sure I get one workout done and then we can do the other in the afternoon. I've also decided to use the same weight for each set (per excercise) so we don't have to switch weights so often. I think that will speed up our workout and hopefully it won't take so long.

I'd love any constructive criticism. And also feel free to steal any of my logs or workouts. I don't mind.
melissalaw and Jessimaaka like this.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!

Last edited by pattyandthemoos; June 16th, 2013 at 07:49 AM. Reason: edited
June 15th, 2013, 04:51 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
nice!!! you are quite organized with this!!! I would like to do something like this once we get a weight bench make myself a log
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

June 15th, 2013, 06:27 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I think it looks great! I'm really rooting for you, Patty.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

June 16th, 2013, 05:42 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You put a lot of work into that! I hope it really helps you get where you want to be. I'll be interested to hear how it goes!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

June 16th, 2013, 07:11 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I love how organized you are! Good luck with your new plan! Sidenote, do you use a certain program to type up your plans like that?
June 16th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pinks&ablue View Post
I love how organized you are! Good luck with your new plan! Sidenote, do you use a certain program to type up your plans like that?
I made it in Microsoft Word and then I saved it as a pdf. If you ever want me to make you a template or borrow one of mine to alter I can send it to you in an email.

June 16th, 2013, 12:18 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
That would be great, Patty! Thanks I'll PM you my email!
June 16th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Looks fantastic Patty...I will be stealing some ideas (not full workouts since I don't have the equipment ). And great idea about the timing of the workouts

I also created something similar but in Excel (which I am more comfortable with than Word).

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
June 16th, 2013, 03:47 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Idk how you do it.

June 17th, 2013, 07:58 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Those looks fantastic Patty! I love my workout journal. It gives me motivation to workout when I log what I am doing and what weights I am using. Yours look great. I would start off only working out twice per day just a day or two a week and build up to 6 days of 2 workouts per day. You don't want to burn your body out by trying to do too many workouts. good Luck and please let us know how you are doing.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 17th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalaw View Post
Those looks fantastic Patty! I love my workout journal. It gives me motivation to workout when I log what I am doing and what weights I am using. Yours look great. I would start off only working out twice per day just a day or two a week and build up to 6 days of 2 workouts per day. You don't want to burn your body out by trying to do too many workouts. good Luck and please let us know how you are doing.
I did the first circuit workout this morning and it only took me about 20 minutes and my shoulders were hurting by the end. I think this will be perfect. I am probably going to rotate through the ones I do because I doubt I will do both workouts every day.
melissalaw likes this.

June 17th, 2013, 08:13 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great Job Patty. It always makes me feel like I've gotten in a great workout when I'm sore from the workout.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 17th, 2013, 08:46 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Looks/sounds like a great plan!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search