Slacking again....

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So, I was doing Great (for me) on being healthy and exercising well. Finally lost a few pounds and could tell a difference in my firmer stomach. But, DH got sick last week and then ended up in ER/hospital from Friday to Sunday and during that time I ate horrible and didn't really exercise. Just the few days of not doing good I can tell such a difference - I feel yucky now and just unmotivated. I know I'm slacking but I just can't get over the blah feeling in my stomach and the lazy feeling. Anyone else have this problem? Should I start back slow or try and jump in where I took off - what usually works for you ladies? Or, could the feeling be from stress leading up to the hospitalization and the time during the stay? Any tips or quick motivation exercises to start making me feel the desire to exercise and eat healthy again?
June 17th, 2013, 04:49 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The exact same thing happened to me last year. I just jumped back in. It's hard to get back started, but I find that if I can get myself to do that first work out, I'll feel better and that'll help motivate me to get back on track. Good luck, and hope your DH is doing better!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

June 18th, 2013, 05:35 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I agree, that first one is the hardest.

And of course, come visit the board so everyone can motivate you

You can do this!!!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
June 18th, 2013, 08:31 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I agree with just jumping back in, and don't beat yourself up over it! You're going again, and that's the main thing
June 18th, 2013, 10:38 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope your hubby is ok. Don't feel bad about slacking. things happen and we miss workouts. I would just jump right back in and get going again. you'll be amazed at how great you feel when you get back at it. Good Luck!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 18th, 2013, 11:49 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
This happens to me a lot (here lately). Sometimes I jump right back into it, depending on how I feel and sometimes I come up with a new routine. That's what I did this time because I think the problem with my motivation was I didn't like my old routine (it was taking too long). So maybe if you're finding it difficult to get motivated you could try doing something different for a few weeks. I think switching things up is really good to help you get out of ruts.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
June 19th, 2013, 07:54 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope your DH is feeling better!

I agree with everyone on just jumping back in! The first workout back is definitely the hardest, but you will feel so much better! You can do this!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

June 21st, 2013, 09:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
This week has been crazy also!! Aunt Flow arrived so that's probably half my reason for not being too motivated. our internet on the laptop was down for several days so I haven't been on JM since I posted this. And, my weight loss buddy doesn't seem to be around which is what I really used for motivation at times! I'm still trying and have done a few workouts but nothing really (I did the easy walk and then the one mile super challenge - I haven't even touched the 2 miles once this past week). I did go on a few walks outside which is better than nothing but not the hard core walking & strength training videos I usually do.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search