Tummy after kids

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 27th, 2013, 09:11 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
How much did your pregnancies affect your stomach area? Did you get a lot of stretch marks or loose skin from having children? Have you made any progress on your tummy area? Share any tips or things that helped you.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
June 27th, 2013, 09:30 AM
I think my tummy looks pretty darn good for being almost 40 and having 5 kids (and one csection). I still hate certain things about it though. For one, whenever I am bloated or I pick up even a few lbs my tummy has a little gut. My csection scar really seemed to mess up my muscle tone and things just hang over it. Also, my stomach has so much loose skin now. It's a lot better now than it was and you can't see it when I'm standing up. You only see it if I am doing a plank or something like that but then you can see all this skin just hanging there. I'd like to see that firmed up and tighter but I don't know how long that will take. It's definitely better but having kids has definitely taken its toll on my belly.

June 27th, 2013, 11:28 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Eh. I gained a ton of weight with #1, and got tons of stretch marks and loose skin. It was really depressing. Over time the stretch marks faded, and my belly went back to almost normal except for the loose skin. It might have gotten better, but not completely. With #2 I didn't get as big, and didn't get any new stretch marks. You can barely see them. In general it's saggy, and right now I feel like I still look 4 months pregnant sometimes. I'm sure it'll eventually get better, except for the loose skin.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

June 27th, 2013, 11:34 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Somehow I didn't get any stretch marks with either of my pregnancies and I put on a ton of weight. I was just getting my tummy back when I got pregnant with this baby so I'll have to wait a little while longer. the main problem I have with my tummy is that little pooch right at the bottom. I lost all my weight and then some but I still have a bit of a pooch. the only thing I found that worked was planks and lots of them. I did a ton after my first pregnancy and got my tummy completely back but I didn't work as hard after my second pregnancy plus found it harder to find time to workout with 2 kids. I'm really hoping after this baby is born, I can start doing a ton of planks again and get my tummy back.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 27th, 2013, 12:03 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I have quite a few stretch marks, but they've faded a lot. I also still have a bit of the "baby pooch" but it's finally starting to go down a little! Still quite a ways to go though..
June 27th, 2013, 12:04 PM
JenLee's Avatar Veteran
I gained a lot of weight with my first ds, like 80 lbs. He was a huge baby, 11lbs, so my stomach was huge. My poor stomach never recovered. I gained 60 with my second ds and 50 with my dd. The skin is loose. I am hoping to a least get it flat with exercise, but I know the loose skin with always be there.

June 27th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I gained 50lbs with Cam, and 10 months out, its not too bad...I have lots of extra skin and my stretch marks have faded. I could do a lot more work still.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
June 27th, 2013, 01:24 PM
3Kendra3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I gained 40lbs with DD #1 and never lost it. DD #2 I was the same before I had her and a week after I had her. I gained maybe 20lbs with her but it melted away. DS I gained 21lbs, but when I was 8 months pregnant I fell and I rotated/seperated my pelvic bone so was pretty much couch bound, then wasn't able to do anything for 6 months so never lost weight with him. I still get people asking me how far along I am so I know I look very much pregnant. One lady said "Wow, you look ready to pop." So I take it, I look 9 months pregnant still.

Stretch marks are horrible. With DDs I had a few here and there, with DS I got them all over.

Thank you Bokkechick for my beautiful siggy!
June 28th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalaw View Post
Somehow I didn't get any stretch marks with either of my pregnancies and I put on a ton of weight. I was just getting my tummy back when I got pregnant with this baby so I'll have to wait a little while longer. the main problem I have with my tummy is that little pooch right at the bottom. I lost all my weight and then some but I still have a bit of a pooch. the only thing I found that worked was planks and lots of them. I did a ton after my first pregnancy and got my tummy completely back but I didn't work as hard after my second pregnancy plus found it harder to find time to workout with 2 kids. I'm really hoping after this baby is born, I can start doing a ton of planks again and get my tummy back.
I need to add more planks to my routine but I hate them. I think that may be what I'm lacking and need to get my tummy to stop sagging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenLee View Post
I gained a lot of weight with my first ds, like 80 lbs. He was a huge baby, 11lbs, so my stomach was huge. My poor stomach never recovered. I gained 60 with my second ds and 50 with my dd. The skin is loose. I am hoping to a least get it flat with exercise, but I know the loose skin with always be there.
Woah! 11 pounds. My babies were all 6 lbs and under except Jeremy who was 8 lbs. I cannot imagine having an 11 lb baby. I gained about the same amount of weight with my pregnancies as you did and I imagine that's why I have the loose skin. I gained 50, then 50, then 80, then 45, then finally a good one 35 lbs.

June 28th, 2013, 11:00 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
omg I got stretch marks galore and flabby skin too....granted it looks 10x better now than it did BEFORE I even had kids (my highest weight was near 170 before kids) I have toned it up a bit...but I dunno how much more I can tone it up with the flabby skin...I can FEEL the muscle underneath...but I jsut can't get it to show

I gained over 40 with Raianna (pre-e) Elyse I gained maybe 25....Helena I gained...ohhh 17lbs? Raianna was 8lb 60z...Elyse was 6lbs 3oz and Helena was 6lbs 6oz
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

June 28th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've been big for years so I honestly can't tell the difference between what having a baby has done to my tummy and what just being fat has done.
It's a bit saggier with a few more stretch marks than it had when I was this weight about 10 years ago. It was stretch marked and icky back then too, it's not that much worse than it used to be. I wear the same size pants as I did back then also.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

June 28th, 2013, 05:20 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
That's where my fat collects, add the stretch marks, my tummy is gross.

July 1st, 2013, 03:27 AM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
Oy pregnancy didn't make it worse than 100+ pounds did.
After I lost my weight the skin was insane. I would pull it up over my pants. People asked if I was pregnant
I finally had enough when I started chaffing every run (when i was training for marathons). I thought I was done having kids so I had a tummy tuck in '07. It was the worst surgery I have ever had (I had c/s, gallbladder, tumor removal) and I would never do it again.
And now I am trying to ruin it with another pregnancy
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search