Why do you workout?

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2013, 07:36 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
And why did you choose the workout routine you are doing now?

I would say for the health reasons, but really I'm shallow. I am not getting any younger and if I want to have a fit looking body now's my chance. I started working out because my whole body had turned to mush and I wanted to fix that.

The workout routine I am doing now I chose because I like weight lifting and think it will get me the body I want. I chose what I am doing because I can work each muscle group well and still get a couple days for each muscle group to recover (when I do it right).

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
July 11th, 2013, 08:31 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Initially, I started working out to lose weight, but it's definitely become a more fitness based thing for me in the past couple of months.

I think that the workout routines that I do now are a great combination of cardio and strength and work the parts of my body that I want to work more, without overworking them.
July 11th, 2013, 08:37 AM
3Kendra3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do it to lose weight, but also to help myself build endurance so when my kids are older I can keep up with their activities. I don't want to be the mom who is overweight and just sits on the side lines. I want to be the mom who gets into what their kids are doing.

Also so that by the time I am 30 I don't still look the same way. I want to be a fit and healthy 30. Got 5 years to accomplish that, may seem long but considering I am 2 years into this and only a few pounds less I need to kick it up.

Thank you Bokkechick for my beautiful siggy!
July 11th, 2013, 08:53 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
when I first started it was to loose weight....I was over 160lbs and I was NOT happy about that....now its to stay healthy and to look good...

my workout routine...because it seems to work for me....and its something I do not mind doing every day...I change it up here and there but its basically the same but in a different order sometimes
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

July 11th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I started to lose the baby and quitting smoking weight. I'm done with the baby weight and have about 10 more lbs of quitting smoking weight, but I'm working on toning more now too. I wanna look good naked!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
July 11th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm doing it to lose weight and get healthier. I want to be able to keep up with kids and I want to feel better about how I look. And I have a lot of health problems in my family that I'm trying to prevent myself from getting.

I picked walking at first because it was an easy small step. Now I do it so much to kill time honestly. Trying to add running so I can run with dh, and strength so i'm not as flabby.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

July 11th, 2013, 12:54 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do it because I love it. I've always done it so it has helped keep me skinny. Now after my babies are born I do it to help lose the baby weight but I'm pretty lucky in that most of my baby weight will come off quickly due to breastfeeding.

I'm not really doing a rotation right now as I've just been too sick to workout. When I am following a rotation I will just try to mix it up. I will set out a 4 week rotation and one month I will do light weights high reps and the next month I will do heavy weight and fewer reps. I just try to keep changing it up every 4 months so i don't hit any plateaus.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
July 11th, 2013, 01:02 PM
JenLee's Avatar Veteran
I am doing it to lose weight and feel better about myself. I just had my 3rd and last baby and want to get my body back.

July 11th, 2013, 02:11 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I work out because I want to be healthy, I want to look good, and I enjoy it.

I do the routine I'm doing because it is enjoyable and seems to be doing what I want it to do.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

July 11th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
I started out years ago to lose the weight... Then to keep it off and be able to eat more and now it's a mixture of those two AND I feel like crap if I don't do it regularly. Less than 5x a week and I am just not *me*.
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

July 11th, 2013, 09:04 PM
PinkHurricane's Avatar Super Mommy
My main reasons are for my health, I want to be as fit as possible, also to feel better mentally, to look good, and to be able to take on anything thrown at me with confidence!
July 12th, 2013, 12:43 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I want to prevent Type2 diabetes (I'm IR right now) and I want to feel better about my body

Lucky mother to five!

July 12th, 2013, 08:44 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mostly to look the way I want to look & get back in shape after having a baby. After that, I will keep doing it to maintain, stay fit & healthy, and so I can eat more lol!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

July 15th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Karen P.'s Avatar Veteran
I workout for a few reasons:

1. For me. I used to suffer from severe depression and working out and eating right helps me avoid those feelings and falling back into that funk. I had tried every medication known and nothing worked as good as getting my health on track.

2. For my daughter. I want to be a role model for her. She watches me workout and she imitates me.. and I love it. She is almost 2 years old and she only drinks water (occasionally milk), eats veggies and fruits and lean proteins. I know she is watching everything I do and that is the food she wants because that is what she has grown up eating and watching me eat.

3. Because I see what bad health/food choices have done to family members of mine.. diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity.. and I REFUSE to let any of that happen to me - especially when I have control over a lot of it.

I do a combo of workouts at home. I like variety. I like weights and some cardio. My favorite workout is a MMA workout that I just did for 120 days and now I am doing a different workout that is only 25 mins a day because my husband is on call 24/7 and I never know when he will be late or getting called in so I need shorter workouts to be able to get it done everyday.

http://www.Facebook.com/KarenPickardFitness

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search