Pregnancy weight gain

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2013, 07:47 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Did you find it difficult to control your weight when you were pregnant? How much weight did you gain during pregnancy? And did you gain weight during your first trimester or not until later?

One of my problems when I get pregnant with Jeremy is my doctor literally told me I could eat as much as I wanted to and I did! I gained 15 lbs in the first trimester alone. I gained 50 all together with him. Then with Angie I tried harder and still gained 50. With Brandon I started my pregnancy at 105 lbs so I thought even if I gained 50 I'd still be in good shape, nope I was at 185 at the end! Lyndsey I did a little better with and gained about 40 lbs and with Shawn I finally did well and only gained 35 lbs. I am hungry all the time when I am pregnant and the only reason I did well with Shawn was because I was super super strict with how many carbs I ate. I had to because I had GD.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
July 11th, 2013, 08:49 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
With my first two I did so well! I weighed about the same two days after I had my oldest as I did before I got pregnant, and with my second I weighed less! With my third though, I gained close to 70 lbs! And with my fourth it was better, but I still gained 30 or so.
July 11th, 2013, 08:50 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
no it was not hard to keep my weight gain to a normal level....cept with Raianna whom I had pre-e with I would gain 4lbs in a single week because of that...but that couldn't be controlled....with Elyse and Helena I gained a normal amount...Elyse maybe 20 and Helena 17lbs
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

July 11th, 2013, 09:15 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
With my first few I would have said yes. But the fact is, I wasn't even trying to control my weight. I was using pregnancy as an excuse, but it was horrible eating habits and not staying active that caused me to become obese.

My last two pregnancies I gained around 25 pounds, mostly in the 2nd and early 3rd tri.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

July 11th, 2013, 09:39 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With #1, I started the pregnancy about 15-20lbs over my goal, and then I gained55-60lbs. I was miserable with that pregnancy...didn't work out at all, and ate what I felt like I could eat (I had major aversions to pretty much anything healthy). I gained a significant amount of weight in the first trimester (15-20lbs maybe). Bleh.

With #2, I started at my goal weight. I went into the pregnancy much healthier and more fit. I still gained more weight than I would have liked in the first trimester (maybe 7-8lbs), and overall I gained 39lbs. I felt much better about it. For most of the pregnancy, I gained exactly 1lb per week. And since I started at a lower weight, and didn't gain as much, I feel much better about where I am right now, compared to where I was 3 months after having #1.

ETA...I used MFP with the second pregnancy (with the exception of a few weeks in the first tri) to keep up with my eating and exercise. I also was able to work out most of the pregnancy, which helped.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

Last edited by ThaiSpice; July 11th, 2013 at 09:45 AM.
July 11th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I had struggled to quit smoking shortly before becoming pregnant with DS. I gained 25lbs from that (in about 4 months time). I had even signed up for MFP and didn't use it. Ate relatively healthily except for random chip binges once a week-ish...I just had issues with portions. By 20 weeks, I had gained 6lbs. And from then on out, I averaged 2lbs a week, to gain a whopping 50lbs. So within a year, I gained 75lbs. DS is 11 months tomorrow, and I am down 65lbs I wanted to lose those last 10 so I could say I did it all in a year, but its not going to happen.

I plan to use MFP during my next pregnancy, so what I gain is healthy. Since I struggled to lose about half of it, I don't think that was a healthy gain.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
July 11th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I gained 40 which was way too much considering I started at 234. I did really good not gaining much until the last 2 months or so when I stopped working and ended up with nothing to do all day but sit around and eat, I gained like 20-25lbs in those 2 months alone.

Next pregnancy is definitely going to be different. I'm more active now and eat better and plan to keep that up.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

July 11th, 2013, 12:44 PM
3Kendra3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I gained 40lbs with my first DD (never lost it). I was naïve and just never focused much on it.

I am guessing 20lbs with second DD. I was able to watch more what I ate since I was a SAHM with DD#1 so I controlled everything and with her and a week after having her I weighed as much as I did right before I found out I was pregnant.

DS I gained 30lbs which I have kept on about 20lbs that keeps fluctuating. Was still a SAHM but was more into pasta and rice after I had DD so I ate spaghetti and rice like crazy with DS.

Thank you Bokkechick for my beautiful siggy!
July 11th, 2013, 12:44 PM
JenLee's Avatar Veteran
With Branson(my oldest) I was use to eating anything that I wanted because I was able to pre-pregnancy and not gain a pound. Um..no...I gained 80 lbs! Most of it was water though, when he was 4 weeks old I had already lost 60 of it. My second I was a little more careful and did well until I was put on bedrest at 34 weeks. I gained 60 in that pregnancy and I never really got it all off. With my dd I worked out and watched what I ate and gained between 45-50. I am just starting to work out and have about 20 lbs. to lose to be what I was pre-pregnancy. I want to lost about 30-35 total.

July 11th, 2013, 12:51 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The fat girl definitely comes out of me when I'm pregnant. I try really hard to be healthy and eat good but it's so hard. With Jackson I gained 48 lbs and With Jackson I gained 43 lbs. I always gain alot of weight in the first trimester because to keep from getting sick I basically have to eat constantly. I have tried really hard with this one to eat good and not gain alot of weight during the first trimester. I'm doing ok right now although I've been so sick that Sprite has been the only thing I can drink and I never drink soda's so that has been bad. Plus I have had to eat most of the day to keep from getting sick. We shall see at the end of this pregnancy if I can not gain as much weight as my other two.

Although I'm depending on you ladies to help motivate me when this baby gets here to lose this weight.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
July 11th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
I was heavy to start with (250 pounds) with each pgy so it was easier no to gain so much. My first I 30 pounds and ate like crap! So i tried harder with #2 and gained nothing but still able to eat a decent amount but ate better and worked out. I was in better shape at the end then I was the beginning!
I am not sure how it will play out with being a a normal weight. I am hoping to eat well and exercise and try not to gain too much. My mind set is better this time around. I only want to eat things that are *good* for baby, period.
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search