Just say no

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2013, 08:35 AM
3Kendra3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What helps everyone to just say no to foods. I am awful with this. If I don't track my calories on MFP I eat horrible. Last night I had 3 slices of pizza. I wasn't even hungry after the first slice but I just kept eating. I am so mad at myself.

So I am curious if anyone else has to tell themselves no?
Is it easy for you?
Do you struggle with this?
I am one who tastes something, likes it and eats it...all.

Thank you Bokkechick for my beautiful siggy!
July 12th, 2013, 11:29 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Normally, as long as I get some of it, I can stop myself. Not always though, then I have to remind myself of how far I've come already and that I don't want to be set back.. If I do cave, I just try not to beat myself up over it and just keep going.
July 12th, 2013, 12:06 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Logging calories faithfully. It doesn't ALWAYS keep me from giving in, but it makes it much more likely. If I know that I would use up all my remaining calories by reaching for another slice/bag/piece/serving, etc, it helps me to say no (because I'm going to want another snack later, so I'd better save some calories). Also, remembering how great it feels to make progress really helps me to say no in sticky situations.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

July 12th, 2013, 12:42 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I definitely struggle with this! Logging helps me lately. If it is something that's easy for me to over-eat (like pizza!) I log it ahead of time so I can decide how much I'm allowed before the food is in front of me. About 12 days ago I decided I was going to log for real, and that it was going to work. And whaddyaknow... it's been working!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

July 12th, 2013, 05:28 PM
mom2pne's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sometimes I can get myself to stope eating or I just grab a handful or slice of something and tell myself that that is it.
July 12th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Pre-logging for sure. And depending on the time of day, if I want ton save some calories for a snack later on. I also portion it out - eg chips into a bowl, pizza onto a plate (and I have to get up to get more and I'm lazy lol), etc.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
July 12th, 2013, 10:55 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
I am pretty bad at this too
Some times I can get myself to put it away or walk away but only if I take out some of what i want, put it away and then eat what I took. I will rarely go and take something out once I put it away.
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

July 13th, 2013, 07:02 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
I do not tell myself no.....it only spirals me downward into a pit of despair LOL....seriously....I love food....and if I want it I eat it...and if I go over my calories or I think I will I exercise more....
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

July 13th, 2013, 11:39 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
For me a lot of this has to do with my mood and where I'm at in my cycle. LOL. Sometimes it's really easy for me to just say no and other times food tortures me and I just keep eating. I try to keep temptations out of the house that helps. And, I've just kind of told myself I will work it off if I over do it and try not to get too upset.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
July 13th, 2013, 11:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm horrible at saying no for the most part!! But, I am trying to work on this and hope it gets better. I think my stomach shrank as I just often don't eat as much and then don't want to over-stuff myself and feel yucky afterwards so it's starting to get easier saying no.

But, as I'm typing this cookies are baking in the oven and I can't wait to eat a couple
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

July 15th, 2013, 05:37 AM
Karen P.'s Avatar Veteran
I live by the 80/20 rule. I eat clean 80% of the time and allow 20% for indulgences/cravings/outings, etc. It keeps me sane. I also have this mindset - instead of telling myself I want it but can't have it, I tell myself I can have it but don't want it. That made a huge impact on how I viewed food and took away the stigma attached to the foods like they are off limits. I just remind myself I can have it but I know how I will feel after I eat it and the next day.

I learned that from a documentary "Hungry For Change" that I watched a long time ago. It honestly changed everything for me. It is on Netflix (or was).. I highly recommend it.

http://www.Facebook.com/KarenPickardFitness

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search