C25K weekly check-in?

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 17th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
Since *Kiliki* inspired so many of us to start I thought maybe we could do a check in weekly (although you could update after each "day" you do) to inspire/motivate and ask questions?
I am not that reliable so I probably shouldn't be the only one starting the thread each week
Any interest?
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

July 17th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I'd be in just to be accountable to run 3 days a week

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
July 17th, 2013, 06:22 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
the program is set to only run 3x a week that is all I am doing monday-wednesday-friday

just finished day 2 whew...I am exhausted...made it slightly further than I did day 1...yay! LOL I am pouring sweat right now though its 90* outside LOL I do not feel as winded as I did on day 1 as well....so hopefully by next week I will be able to push through 90secs of running LOL
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

July 17th, 2013, 11:34 PM
3Kendra3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I finished Week 1 Day 2. I did it about .05 miles slower. DH came and got stuck in mud on his bike so I sat there and laughed lol big distraction. I will do Day 3 on Friday

Thank you Bokkechick for my beautiful siggy!
July 18th, 2013, 06:16 AM
meld10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good idea! I like it!!! It's motivating to know that other people are achieving it and being at the same stage in the program can help us share some tips.

I have done week 1 day 1 on Tuesday, planning on doing day 2 tomorrow morning and day 3 Saturday or Sunday morning.
July 18th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Great job!!!! Keep up the great work ladies!!!

I wish I had people to do it with, I had a friend who was about 4 weeks behind me, but its not the same.

Jess
July 18th, 2013, 02:48 PM
I am doing wk1 d3 tomorrow
I wish I could do 4 days a week... but thats what always gets me in trouble.
Due with #3
My blog

July 19th, 2013, 07:26 AM
I am doing W1d2 when I get back from work tonight! Although with the humidity weather forecasts says it will feel like 105 outside!, at least week 1 isn't too rough.. hopefully it rains in the afternoon and cools it down a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy S. View Post
I wish I could do 4 days a week... but thats what always gets me in trouble.
Diddo! I kept on thinking I would do W2D1 in week 1 but that is not a good plan for me. In the past, I tend to over train and burn myself out and then go on a break to recover, making my efforts at consistency mute.
July 19th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Week 1 day 3 done! Anxious to see how I do week 2.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

July 19th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meld10 View Post

Diddo! I kept on thinking I would do W2D1 in week 1 but that is not a good plan for me. In the past, I tend to over train and burn myself out and then go on a break to recover, making my efforts at consistency mute.
I used to run... a lot and far but every time I try and pick it backup again i hurt myself. I know i *can* go and run 3 miles right now but that doesn't mean I *should* y/k? i am hoping that working on my speed with this program will help me stay on plan because I have always been a slow runner! Doing a minute at a time I can run faster so thats new LOL! I won't be able to complete the program with my ivf coming up but it's a good distraction!
Good luck to you!!
Due with #3
My blog

July 19th, 2013, 02:28 PM
think I might do my day 3 tomorrow....omg I am sweating outside just standing STILL....it is SO HOT....ugh.....

July 20th, 2013, 08:29 AM
week 1 day 3 DONE!!! I ALMOST made it 4k today in 30mins!!! but I think I would have been able to do it if there weren't so many hills that I had to run up today! wanted to challenge myself this morning though ohh and the last walking time I ran instead and ran the last 1.30 of the "cool down" cause I knew I would still have a few more mins of walking to get back to the house LOL

July 20th, 2013, 08:45 AM
What I found helped my endurance was adding on another 'run' at the end...so week 1 I ran another minute, week 2 I ran an extra 90 seconds, week 3 I ran an extra 3 minutes and so on and so forth.

Not needed to complete the program but it definitely helped me progress.

Jess
July 20th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Did W1D2 this morning (yesterday there was a tornado watch so I decided to go this morning lol!).

Tomorrow I will do W1D3. I like the idea of adding an extra interval of running at the end. I might do this if I feel I am progressing too slow. Right now though I know I need to be nice to my knees and get my muscles more in shape to protect them.

Are any of you doing strength training as well? I'm adding 2 days of exercising with some free weights this week.
July 20th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Kikki thats awesome!!!

I am really enjoying this program i must say! I am running faster than I have in a very long time. Bummed I can;t see where it leads but I think pregnancy will make up for it
My shins are sore but so far so good. I am really trying to follow the program as close as i can but I am a rebel So we will see!
I finished week 1 and not sure how week 2 will work yet as I have surgery on Friday and need to get it done before then. I haven't taken a day off from exercise in a while and probably should but I am running out of days. I might do Mon/Wen/Thursday.

Quote:
Are any of you doing strength training as well? I'm adding 2 days of exercising with some free weights this week.
I do cardio 2-3x a week with weights but it's hardly strength training. I get so bored strength training. I wish I didn;t hate it so much
Due with #3
My blog

July 22nd, 2013, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy S. View Post
I do cardio 2-3x a week with weights but it's hardly strength training. I get so bored strength training. I wish I didn;t hate it so much
I was the same, then I got the Chalene Extreme dvd's which actually made strength training fun for me. I have not done them in a few months but I think adding 2 times a week with c25k will help me strengthen up my knees to protect them.

Still need to do my w1d3 (at least I am still in my first week as I started last Tuesday ) tonight it will get done!

6/12/2013- 8 weeks
July 22nd, 2013, 01:16 PM
3Kendra3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I need to do week 1 day 3. Was out of town and in the mountains so I was afraid that would throw me off with the higher elevation. I started Week 1 though on Wednesday so I figure if I do it today it will still be within the 7 day period. I will start Week 2 Day 1 on Wednesday, then Friday and then Saturday.

I will be in the mountains again though so even if I have to do it there I will.

Thank you Bokkechick for my beautiful siggy!
July 22nd, 2013, 01:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Did week 2 day 1. It was harder but not too bad. Dd wasn't cooperating so that didn't help. Plus I had already walked a mile and a half before starting becaue my mom called right as I got to the park so I walked and talked to her some.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

July 22nd, 2013, 04:40 PM
Way to go on starting week 2! I just finished Week 1 .

It's fun to see the stats on each run. After just 3 runs my timing/distance have improved.

Now if I can completely quit smoking, I am sure it will also help! I was doing well last week (only 1 cigarette on Wednesday) but then I had 3 on Friday and on Saturday more than 5. At least this is an extra motivation to quit and to not start smoking again!

6/12/2013- 8 weeks
July 23rd, 2013, 01:41 AM
Quote:
I was the same, then I got the Chalene Extreme dvd's which actually made strength training fun for me. I have not done them in a few months but I think adding 2 times a week with c25k will help me strengthen up my knees to protect them.

Wow those have some good reviews on Amazon! I hadn;t heard of it and would get it if I wasn't doing ivf so soon!

Quote:

Now if I can completely quit smoking, I am sure it will also help! I was doing well last week (only 1 cigarette on Wednesday) but then I had 3 on Friday and on Saturday more than 5. At least this is an extra motivation to quit and to not start smoking again!
Have you heard of the Easy Way to Quit Smoking? I did the book and didn't quit but the day I watched the online seminar that was the last day I ever smoked! And I didn;t want to kill anyone!!
Good luck to you!!!
Due with #3
My blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search