Confession time-

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2013, 02:28 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
So the calorie count thing- I have always done WW and lost my weight that way. When I got to maintenance I did my own thing and exercise was enough. When I wanted to lose weight (like for my wedding last year) I would rejoin WW and lose a bit and then stop again.
Well this last year has sucked. Medications and hormones, m/c and flu I put on 10-15 pounds. I exercise lightly during the 2ww so that doesn't help either and the let down of 2 years of ttc gets one super depressed and diet is not something I care about in those times.
ANYWAY, I tried going back to WW. I love my leader (still the same from 7 years ago) and thought I could do it again. I lost a little but then gained it back and never managed to get the scale to budge. I was freaking out thinking PCOS or the BCP I am on finally caught up to me!
So one night while searching IVF blogs (because this is all I do lately), I went to a recommended IVF blog who has since had her kids and is blogging about nutrisystem. I was desperate and now that I am vegetarian and no longer vegan I ordered.
So I started logging when I got the program- it logs your food but also the calories. I starting substituting my own foods right away and tracking my calories which has turned me onto tracking calories for the first time ever. I was NEVER interested... seemed too hard and daunting. But it's been fun actually. Problem is that I can't find how many calories the program wants me to eat So i was guessing and thinking I am aiming way too low- according to MFP I was about 200-400 cal too low. I have lost 9 pounds. I had some water weight from surgery last Friday but that is still far too much.

So thats where this all started. I somewhat embarrassed to be doing nutrisystem because I feel like I am cheating or something... But actually more embarrassed because I should be eating clean while waiting for IVF and prepackaged foods is not that But OTOH I feel like my BMI climbing isn't good either. And I have been supplementing more and more 'real' food so I am only eating 1 meal of nutrisystem a day so it isn't too horrible I think. I eat a salad daily (always have) and breakfast is my vegan protein powder. Also trying to eat more fruits and veggies.

I dunno why i needed to share... Felt like I was living a lie
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

July 31st, 2013, 03:00 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Well, FWIW, consider yourself absolved. I dunno, it doesn't sound too bad to me.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

July 31st, 2013, 03:04 PM
TY!
July 31st, 2013, 03:15 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
You are making the effort and that's what counts!!! And one meal a day isn't bad at all. You've overcome so much!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
August 1st, 2013, 07:26 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I agree! Not so bad
August 1st, 2013, 11:04 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I have a bunch of nutrisystem food at my house that's still sitting here because it tastes like crap. I am not sure how you are doing it. I do think it works, but I don't like their food. I was a vegetarian for over 10 years so I could maybe give you some ideas of other things to eat. Plus, we have a vegetarian board here on JM. I'm not sure if you visit it.

I wouldn't feel guilty about using nutrisystem. You eat a lot of real food with it so it's not all packaged and you can add stuff to the food to make it a little healthier. Do what you gotta do girl and don't worry about it!

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
August 1st, 2013, 02:04 PM
Suggestions are always welcome!
I have been vegan or vegetarian for for almost 6 years but never dieted as a vegetarian. So many more options! LOL!

Ya some of the food is gross and smells weird It's ok but I promised myself I wouldn't eat anything that tasted bad and would throw it away, and I have.
I think I will have a stockpile of yucky food too! LOL!
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search