April (Aenyx) can I borrow your brain lol

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2013, 12:20 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
So after some reading I really want to try a new diet plan for a while to see if it will help me get more definition in my abs and lower my body fat. Well the plan I want to follow is very low carb and I want to pick your brain on some no carb meal ideas for breakfast and dinner. I think I can probably handle dinner because I can just cook a meat and a veggies (not corn or peas, but the ones that barely have any carbs). So anyway I was hoping you could help me with breakfast and dinner ideas.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
August 23rd, 2013, 01:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
April has a great link that she once shared with me and that has great recipes. Including cauliflower waffles (or something like that) and many other great breakfast ideas. April - If you are reading this would you mind sharing that link again as I'd love to re-read back through some of those.

I do no carbs breakfast meals (usually) and do mostly eggs or things with eggs as eggs are on my low carb diet or a leftover meat from the night before. But, eggs do get old.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
August 23rd, 2013, 01:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh I have tons of recipes. And recipe sites I can link. Let me get them all together and I'll post them in a bit.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

August 23rd, 2013, 02:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
A few recipe sites:

Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Recipes
Caveman Keto - Weight loss through low carb cooking
I Breathe... I'm Hungry... - Deliciously Low Carb & Gluten Free Recipes
Your Lighter Side | Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free, Low-Carb, Atkins, Diabetic, Ketogenic Healthy Eating
Eating Keto Style! | Low-Carb Recipes for the Keto Diet
Buttoni's Low Carb Recipes | LOW-CARB, KETOGENIC RECIPES, MANY SUITABLE FOR PRIMAL AND PALEO LIFESTYLES

There are SO many recipes on these sites. Whatever you're in the mood for, there's probably a low carb version on one of these lol.

As far as breakfasts go, I don't normally eat breakfast.But eggs are your friend. When I do eat breakfast it's usually eggs fried in butter and breakfast meat like bacon. Or omelets with your choice of fillings like cheese, low carb veggies, meat, ect. crustless quiches (egg+whatever and bake)
That waffle recipe:
Savory Cheese Chive Waffles | Your Lighter Side

I haven't tried these yet but they sound good: Peanut Butter Crepes : ketorecipes

Sausage Cheese Biscuits | Buttoni's Low Carb Recipes
Some specific recipes I like and use regularly:
CHEESEBURGER PIE - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes (without the onions and water)
Lazy Keto Chicken - Caveman Keto
Crockpot Pork Carnitas - Caveman Keto
Meat crust pizza, **** near perfected : ketorecipes
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken - Caveman Keto
The Bacon Thief: Chinese Takeout Style Sesame Chicken (Low-Carb, Gluten-Free)
General Tso's Meatballs (Low Carb & Gluten Free) - I Breathe... I'm Hungry...

I make a lot of taco bowls (meat, cheese, sour cream, avocado, ect) and eat with cheese shells or lettuce wraps. Meatloaf (flax seed meal instead of bread crumbs. I can write out the recipe if you need, I kind of just wing it), stir frys (meat and veggies of choice, some coconut oil, soy sauce and salt and pepper)

Anything specific you were looking for? I can probably find it.
I'm trying to dig through my recipes but I'm kind of disorganized right now.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

August 23rd, 2013, 03:23 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for sharing all of that! My sister and I eat gluten free. She usually does fairly low carb. And my nephew was recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. So as I'm planning for Thanksgiving dinner this year, I'm looking for yummy gluten free low carb recipes. I'll have to check those out!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

August 23rd, 2013, 03:28 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Thank you!! That was really helpful.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search