Hello Everyone!!

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By pattyandthemoos
  • 1 Post By MidgeMadge
  • 1 Post By babyloves2dance
  • 1 Post By Jessimaaka
  • 1 Post By jhmomofmany

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 28th, 2013, 10:54 AM
TammyLynn1993's Avatar I love you Isabella
Hi Im from the Nov 12 DDC and Im starting to exercise on monday ! Im going to eat 1,200 calories a day with a 60/20/20 CPF and burning about 600 calories a day. I read online that Im suppose to eat those calories that i burned back o.O is this true?? Thanks<3!

*Thank you<3Kiliki for the siggy*

August 28th, 2013, 11:09 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I don't figure out my calories that way. I figured out my bmr.
BMR Calculator
and then from that you can click calulate your daily calorie needs and it will give you an idea of how many calories you should eat per day.

There are just a lot of different diet plans and ways to do things. I think a lot of the girls count calories like you so hopefully they will pop in and answer you.
TammyLynn1993 likes this.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
August 28th, 2013, 11:46 AM
thank you for trying to help

August 28th, 2013, 12:29 PM
MidgeMadge's Avatar Queen Turd. Bow down.
I'd starve eating 1200. If you exercise, that may be too low. You don't necessarily need to eat them ALL back, but I do eat some back. I jump between 1300-1600, I let my body decide. I eat if I'm hungry

Welcome!

August 28th, 2013, 12:29 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I use My Fitness Pal to track my calories and the way my account is set up, I am supposed to eat my cals back.

I was only eating around 1200 cals and not eating back what I burned from exercise and ended up being very hungry and not getting anywhere weight wise. I'd recommend eating at least some of the burnt cals back.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

Last edited by babyloves2dance; August 28th, 2013 at 12:33 PM.
August 28th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Ditto Kelsey.

Are you using something to track your calories and exercise? I highly recommend myfitnesspal.com. They also have a lot of resources to help explain how much to eat and which macros to maximize (eg more protein = feel fuller longer so a 20% ratio might be a bit low).

GL!!!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
August 28th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Thanks everyone for your advice!

August 28th, 2013, 04:16 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Just wondering, how did you figure 1200 for your daily intake? And is the 600 per day supposed to be from exercise, or exercise and other daily activity?

If you check the main page there is a sticky on how to figure your daily calorie needs. If you are a small woman who is not all that active, 1200 might be just right. But for many women it is too few calories, especially if you plan vigorous daily activity. I agree with the other ladies, you need to eat back at least some of the calories you burn through exercise. But I don't think there is any harm in eating your TDEE (the total number of calories you will burn in a day- your BMR plus activity multiplier plus exercise) minus 500 to 1000 calories.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

August 28th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Im doing my exercise from Fitness Blender's 8 week weight loss plan and it has a range of how much calories the exercise burns depending on your intensity. If a exercise is only about 300 calories burned, I'd do it twice. I'm going to up the calories I eat to about 1,400-1,500 so if I was to burn 600 calories...would I eat some back or no? I also heard it was good to change your calories per day for example

Monday- 1,520
Tuesday- 1,520
Wednesday- 1,824
Thursday- 1,520
Friday- 1,520
Saturday- 1,673
Sunday-1,520

is this true? Sorry im new to dieting :3

Last edited by TammyLynn1993; August 28th, 2013 at 05:43 PM.
August 28th, 2013, 06:17 PM
oh crap! I just lost an awesome reply. Trust me, it was brilliant.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

August 28th, 2013, 09:01 PM
OK... try this again...

You want to start with your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR). That is the amount of energy your body requires just to stay alive for 24 hours in a comfortable environment (not hot or cold). This is estimated based on your height, weight, age, and gender.

Then you want to know your Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE) which is the approximate number of calories you burn in a typical day accounting for lifestyle activity and exercise. To get this figure, you multiply your BMR by as little as 1.2 for a sedentary lifestyle to as much as 1.8 for somebody who does intense exercise on top of a physically strenuous job.

Here is a link to a calculator that seems pretty standard. Note that although it says "BMR Calculator" you will also figure your TDEE.
http://www.thecalculatorsite.com/hea...calculator.php

Assuming pregnancy or breastfeeding does not apply (if so, add 500 to your TDEE), the next step would be to decide how much of a caloric deficit you want to create. It takes a deficit of 3500 calories to lose one pound of fat. So for a "typical" loss of one pound a week, you want to subtract 500 calories per day from your TDEE. If you have a lot of weight to lose, you can probably subtract up to 1000 calories per day for a loss of two pounds per week, at least initially. The closer you are to ideal bodyweight, the slower the weight tends to come off.

All of this is estimated, so it might require some time and experience to find out what works for you. Also, as you lose weight your BMR will decrease (as will the amount of calories burned doing the same exercise) so you want to refigure your TDEE with every 20 pounds lost, or thereabouts.

There are lots of people who swear by calorie cycling, google the Up Day Down Day diet (JUDDD) if you are interested. But I think for a noob dieter, going by your TDEE and shooting for the same calories daily is the best place to start. JMHO.

I hope that helps and sorry if it is either overkill or just rehashing stuff you already know.

Last edited by jhmomofmany; August 28th, 2013 at 09:03 PM.
August 29th, 2013, 05:03 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
great reply Jennifer!

first of all to the OP welcome to the board! the ladies here are so supportive and helpful when it comes to this type of stuff!! I have been at this for over a year now and I still am learning new things! Hope you find what works for you...every body is different and needs different things.....so if what you set yourself at doesn't work (give it a few weeks to a month to really be able to tell if its working) then try something else It's all about learning how your own body works....good luck!

*Kristy wife to Karl, mom to Raianna(13) Elyse(11) and Helena(6) stepmom to Frankie(16)*
click me!---> Come Join us at Stay At Home Mommies!!! <---click me!
click me!---> Come Join us at Mommy Weightloss and Fitness!!! <---click me!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

Last edited by *Kiliki*; August 29th, 2013 at 05:06 AM.
August 29th, 2013, 05:09 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
hmm I just figured mine out (after a year of doing this haha)
BMR was 1459
and I multiplied that by 1.375 (cause I am lightly active almost daily with the farm work and exercising) and got 2006 (roughly it was more like 2006.125 but we'll go with 2006 lol) and minus my 500 deficit I should be eating 1506 daily (or around about...right? did I do this correctly?)

*Kristy wife to Karl, mom to Raianna(13) Elyse(11) and Helena(6) stepmom to Frankie(16)*
click me!---> Come Join us at Stay At Home Mommies!!! <---click me!
click me!---> Come Join us at Mommy Weightloss and Fitness!!! <---click me!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search