Hormones

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 28th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so discouraged and frustrated! I've been very hormonal lately and just find it hard to want to do anything. AF is crazy and all over the place. I've had crazy cycles ever since I AF re-showed 13 months PP. I was okay with it as I expected it. But, it's been getting worse. This month I've had 3 cycles It's soo hard for me to loose weight and stay functional with all this!! Does hormones affect your weight loss? I honestly don't know what to do - I just want to cry. Do any of you have suggestions?
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

August 28th, 2013, 02:40 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
My periods were making me crazy! They were very long (10-12 days) and I was getting them close together (like 23, 24 day cycles). And I will tell you exercising has made a huge difference for me. I might talk to you doctor because that's a lot of cycles for one month but otherwise I would keep doing what you are doing. I think you'll notice a difference in time.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
August 28th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I would talk to your doctor, I would not be too happy with that at all!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
August 28th, 2013, 04:30 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
That's rough.. I also think you should try talking to your doctor, but I wouldn't expect much actual advice. This is just me, but I think doctors are too quick to just prescribe the pill and have done with you. Sure your cycles will be "regular" but artificially so, and whatever is the underlying cause won't be addressed.

Not to be nosey, but are you still breastfeeding? Are you sure the bleeding you've had were actual periods? It is possible to have breakthrough bleeding mid-cycle, and this can be more likely if ovulation is delayed, quite common in breastfeeding women.

Have you had your thyroid checked lately? If not, you might request at least the basic test to check TSH levels.

Finally if you have been sick or had major stress, that can send your cycles out of whack. Whatever it might be, I hope you get some relief!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

August 29th, 2013, 06:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I finally broke down and called my doc yesterday and am waiting for her to call me back. I just haven't been feeling myself. I honestly hate myself right now. I don't think it's late PPD as I'm not necessarily depressed, it's more just frustrated and moody. I feel very bloated often and just feel nasty half the day also. I think my hormones are out of whack (or something is). And, some days I'm exhausted after not doing much at all.

I stopped breastfeeding in January (almost 16 months PP). But, my milk just completely dried up about a month and half ago. I'm pretty sure that they are actual periods as I spot 1 day and then have a full 4-5 days of normal bleeding; but I don't know for sure. I had my thyroid checked after Kynslee was born. And, then I asked her about it at my yearly (March/April this year) and she said the results were good and felt around and said she didn't think they were a problem.
I have had some stress (which led to Shingles and Bells Palsy last November and still slightly suffering from Bells Palsy) but I think the stress has gotten a little better overall. But, it's hard to tell with me getting frustrated and moody at everything and K going through terrible two's doesn't help.

Patty - I do feel lots better when I exercise. I honestly felt really good last week. but, that week I stopped bleeding that Sunday and was fine all week. I was able to exercise and do the challenges and was doing good. But, I started spotting again on Sunday this week and haven't even felt like exercising - the thought makes me want to cry. I think today I'm going to try just getting out and going on a walk with Kynslee and just walk, and walk, and walk in hopes I feel better.

I just hope the doctor will be able to help me or figure something out as I want to feel (and act) like myself again!

August 29th, 2013, 07:11 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Let us know what your doctor says. I know the ladies on the board heard me complaining about my period month after month because of how bad it was. It's still heavy but it's not nearly as long now that I've been exercising for a while. I hope your doc has some answers/solutions for you.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
August 29th, 2013, 07:45 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
ohh man...I know when my af is here...I am crazy too and feel so fatigued and hormonal I do not want to do anything..I can't imagine doing that 3x a month!! I hope your dr can help you figure out a game plan!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

August 29th, 2013, 09:44 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Hugs, and I hope you get some answers from your doctor.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

August 31st, 2013, 08:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The np called me back and said my doc wants to see me. But, she's busy all this coming week. So, my apt is the following Monday (9th I believe). I hope I get some answers. I'm feeling a little better today, but mornings do seem to be my best time. And, the bleeding is getting lighter finally. I'm hoping next week that I'll have a good week and get back on track.

August 31st, 2013, 09:52 AM
MidgeMadge's Avatar Queen Turd. Bow down.
Ugh. That sucks so bad!
Both ovulation and AF impact my losses, I bloat. I can't imagine 3x a month.

I struggle enough with an early ovulation. I swear 2 days after AF ends, I ovulate. It's so annoying!

I really hope the DR figures out what's up!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search