In a funk today, help

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By KMH
  • 1 Post By KMH

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 12th, 2013, 07:56 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Dh and I didn't work out this morning. He couldn't get out of bed. He wants me to wait till he gets home and work out with him. But I'm feeling down today. I'm laying in the bed posting from my phone being depressed and lazy. I hate when I get like this. I need to do my push ups and I just don't want to. I need a little push today. Someone tell me to get up and do my dang push ups! I really need a nudge.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
November 12th, 2013, 08:23 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
You can do it, Patty! Obstacles like funky days just mean we have to push a little harder to get the results we want. Plus you KNOW you will feel better after you do a few push-ups

Oh, and this girl challenges you to get busy

pattyandthemoos likes this.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

November 12th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Ok well I did one set. Not my best but it's done. 115 to go...

Th
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMH View Post
You can do it, Patty! Obstacles like funky days just mean we have to push a little harder to get the results we want. Plus you KNOW you will feel better after you do a few push-ups

Oh, and this girl challenges you to get busy

Thanks Melissa. You made me smile. (:

November 12th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Rainbow Momma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
you can do it!!!
Mom to Ryden, Angel in Heavan 5/21/10

November 12th, 2013, 10:03 AM
I think this is PMS. I'm feeling jittery and weak today. I haven't been able to do as many push ups as I normally can and I haven't been able to hold my planks as long. I was really wanting to push myself hard for my leg workout today but if I'm feeling this week and wimpy, I don't know that I'm going to. I guess I'm glad AF isn't here yet. I hate doing leg day when I'm on AF.

November 12th, 2013, 12:19 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Ha ha...my previous post came back to haunt me this afternoon. All 3 kids went down for a nap at the same time (minor miracle) and I was desperately temped to crawl under the down comforter and catch a nap myself. Then I remembered my own post about feeling better after a workout, so headed out to the garage and did a really tough workout.

Right now I feel like dying, but in another 30 minutes I'll be so glad I hit the gym instead of the pillow

Melissa & DH

November 12th, 2013, 01:42 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope you were able to do your push up and get a workout in. I know when I'm in a funk a good hard workout will always pull me out of it!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
November 12th, 2013, 01:50 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Patty, I'm maybe going through something similar. Been spending way too much time in bed lately. The only time I'm not sad is when I'm angry, it seems like it anyway. Even when I'm having a "good" day, the "bad" is under the surface, lurking. Makes it very hard to workout, even though I want to, and I know it will make me feel better... I come up with all sorts of excuses (they are too easy to find!) and then either don't do it or do it half-butt and that makes me feel worse. Or, I force myself up and go overboard so that I am so sore I can't do anything the next day. It's terrible and I've had nobody to talk to. Since DH is on the road, telling him I'm depressed just makes him worried and depressed.. I can't do that to him. So, I've been on my own struggling with this for over a month. It is very hard.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

November 12th, 2013, 01:57 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I'm sorry you are struggling, too, Jennifer. I can relate to the "I can't tell him" feelings...my DH is military and gone a lot. When he calls I always give the "everything is awesome!" line no matter what so he doesn't worry, but sometimes that makes me feel really lonely. I hope things improve for you soon
jhmomofmany likes this.

Melissa & DH

November 12th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Glad you got through some

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
November 13th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalaw View Post
Hope you were able to do your push up and get a workout in. I know when I'm in a funk a good hard workout will always pull me out of it!!
We didn't workout yesterday. I'm a little upset about it but we are going to try to skip our rest day on Thursday to catch up. I really don't want to mess up my countdown goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmomofmany View Post
Patty, I'm maybe going through something similar. Been spending way too much time in bed lately. The only time I'm not sad is when I'm angry, it seems like it anyway. Even when I'm having a "good" day, the "bad" is under the surface, lurking. Makes it very hard to workout, even though I want to, and I know it will make me feel better... I come up with all sorts of excuses (they are too easy to find!) and then either don't do it or do it half-butt and that makes me feel worse. Or, I force myself up and go overboard so that I am so sore I can't do anything the next day. It's terrible and I've had nobody to talk to. Since DH is on the road, telling him I'm depressed just makes him worried and depressed.. I can't do that to him. So, I've been on my own struggling with this for over a month. It is very hard.
I think the season change may be part of things. I am still feeling really down today. I didn't get started on my push ups till after noon today. I don't always like to tell dh when I am down, not so much because he worries, but he always thinks that it has to do with something going on in our lives and will jump to conclusions. He knows I have bipolar and frequent mood swings but even now, as long as we've been together, he will think I'm depressed because we had a fight or something like that, and often it's just that my moods are off and I'm in a funk and it has nothing to do with anyone or anything. I really think I am having PMS because I tend to get really depressed right before AF shows. I just want to feel better and have my energy back.

I'm sorry you are feeling down too. I hope that both of us start feeling better. (((((HUGS))))

November 14th, 2013, 08:05 AM
This week is going lousy for me. I've been keeping up with my challenge goals but falling apart on my workouts. I have to figure something out because this morning routine is not working for me. Every morning either dh or I decide we don't want to work out because we're cold and sleepy. I hate working out at 5 and 6 in the morning. I'm just too tired. But when I try to wait till dh gets home, either I'm too tired or he is too tired. We missed Tuesday and Wednesday's workout already and I'm afraid we might miss today's too. I'm going to try to start working out in the evenings when he gets home because I think that will work better for me than the morning routine but I am nervous that this won't work either. I like to have all day to get my workout done but with dh working and trying to work out with him, it's just so much harder. I'm going to figure something out. I'm just frustrated and I'm still feeling a little down.

November 14th, 2013, 09:06 AM
meant2bemommie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am having the same kind of week. Between my wisdom tooth coming in last week and then life just happening I haven't been motivated at all.

I do hope that you find whatever you need to make yourself feel better. Having a lousy week if rough mentally.

I am having the same kind of week. Between my wisdom tooth coming in last week and then life just happening I haven't been motivated at all.

I do hope that you find whatever you need to make yourself feel better. Having a lousy week if rough mentally.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search