Hello?

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By MommyBeth
  • 1 Post By *Kiliki*
  • 1 Post By MommyofAngels1985

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2014, 07:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies! I am not new to JM, but new to this board. I am Amy 29, married to DH Chris 30(almost 31), and 1 DD MaryBeth 3. I have tried for many years to do loss weight...thinking I am smart enough and strong enough to do it myself. I am committed to making 2014 different. I want to be healthier and look better for myself. I want to lose about 80-100lbs over all. Looking/Hoping to lose 30-50 lbs my Mar 1! My cousin is getting married mid-March. This would give me time to shop in case I've shrunken out of all my clothes! I haven't started dieting/exercising yet. Planning to exercise once the winter nasties for this week pass us by. I plan to start dieting next week with hardcore dieting starting by end of Jan. Looking for some where to get support when I want to cheat!!!
Rainbow Momma likes this.

January 7th, 2014, 06:12 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
What do you mean by hardcore dieting? I do not like diets, as in the end they never work. Have you checked out myfitnesspal? It is a great resource, and it can help you count calories and maintain a healthy lifestyle instead of "dieting" All you need is proper balance with calories in vs calories out along with being active.
Jessimaaka likes this.
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

January 7th, 2014, 06:13 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Welcome

That is a pretty intense goal! Have you considered tracking your food? I lost a good portion of my weight by just tracking what I ate and starting to make better choices before even adding in working out. I would recommend looking at myfitnesspal.

Welcome again

Haha Kristy, great minds think alike

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
January 7th, 2014, 08:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have and now like my fitness pal. My username is MommyBeth1031. I just need to use it more often. Hardcore dieting is switching to all lean meat and switching to healthier options. Whole wheat pasta and bread, brown rice. More veggies and fruit. A rare soda when out for dinner. Portion control and no sweets. I dont really diet other than strict portion and calorie intake.

I also dont like so say diet plans...I say fads. They arent good long term and are very exclusive.

I have managed to lose and keep off 10-20lbs of pre-pregnancy weight. At my heaviest I was 280 on a 5 ft 9 in frame. Ive gained about 5lbs in the last week. Bringing me to 263.

January 7th, 2014, 08:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Eta:: Hit wrong button on phone SII. I am so ready for DH to go back to classes and so much more ready for warm weather.

I am planning to start walking ASAP. I will be pushing DD in a stroller. As soon as Im walking 3 miles an hour I am planning to start situps/crunches and push ups. Planning to start slow, but push hard. I am finally thinking lifestyle change, not temporary.

January 7th, 2014, 09:57 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Welcome! You are so smart for thinking long-term and not doing anything crazy...I bet you will do really well!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

January 7th, 2014, 10:11 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
That makes more sense with that info rather than "hardcore dieting"...if you've ever read the forums on MFP, you can understand where our concern came from

Best of luck! Hope we can support you!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
January 7th, 2014, 10:12 AM
MommyofAngels1985's Avatar Veteran
I cheat every day, heck yesterday I had a twix and a rice crispy treat . I'd say 90% of each day I eat healthy and I leave room for the junk I want (sweets, chips..) that way I don't feel deprived and throw in the towel completely. I went from 151 lbs to 106 lbs in less than 6 months exercising and eating 1200 each day. I still exercise exactly the same, no slacking, but I eat 1400-1450 calories a day now. Now and then (maybe once a week) I do go over into the 2000's and gained 2 lbs (mostly water weight) but after a day or two I'm back to 106 lbs because I go back to my usual routine....

Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays I do arm weights for 45 minutes (6 different exercises)

Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays I walk on the treadmill for 75 minutes (35 minutes at a 5% incline)

Drink 4 bottles of 32oz water each day (128oz)

Eat Fresh fruit daily and a salad every day for lunch

6-7 small meals each day
KMH likes this.

Team Pink!

Last edited by MommyofAngels1985; January 7th, 2014 at 10:27 AM.
January 7th, 2014, 12:57 PM
Rainbow Momma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!! Good luck!
Mom to Ryden, Angel in Heavan 5/21/10

January 9th, 2014, 05:14 PM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
Good luck! I hope you reach your goals!
January 13th, 2014, 09:43 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Welcome to the board! I've been slacking lately so I missed your intro. Good luck with your goals. This board is really great at keeping you motivated and feeling supported.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search