What is YOUR diet/exercise plan?

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2006, 07:51 AM
Super Mommy
I am ready to LOSE this fat. But I stay so confused! I don't know which diet to pick, there's too many! I know everyone is differant and every diet works differant for differant people. But I HAVE to lose this weight and no matter what diet I choose it will be a sacrifice.

I don't know which to choose. Of course I have bought every weight lose book know to man! HA HA
Weight Watchers
South Beach
Atkins
Portion control
Low fat
low carb
Heart Healthy
Sugar free
And the list goes on.

And lets not forget Exercise!

I have been trying to cut back on portions and I do 10 situps and 10 push ups and 25 jumping jacks each night! I know JUST TEN?...... Well that's a starting point. I just started this week. I can tell it is helping my stomach already. The first 2 days my stomach was SO sore! HA (I had 2 c-section 18 months apart! I have NO muscles! LOL I feel pathetic!) I weigh 201 lbs and my first goal is to lose 26 lbs. 2nd goal is to lose 35 lbs or more! I am tall so 160-170 would be an idea weight for me!

Anyways, what do YOU do???? I need serious advise!
Thanks ladies!
August 26th, 2006, 08:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ladyjill
Welcome =)

What I've been doing is basically watching what I eat, drinking alot of water, and exercising regularly. When I first started my exercising I only did about 20 minutes.. I started out only being able to jog for about 2 minutes. Over about 2 months I've worked myself up to 1.5 mile. I try to workout atleast 4 times a week, 3 times on a bad week. On the nights that I don't workout at the gym, I either go on a walk or do pushups, dips, crunches and some toning with my weights. You can do it as long as you stick to it. I don't deprive myself either.. If there is something I want, I eat it.. just don't go overboard with it. Ya know?
August 26th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Ashes78
I am doing weight watchers. When I started out I walked about 20 minutes and did about 25 crunches each day. I gradually worked up to walking more, doing more crunches, and adding a few more things to my routine for toning my arms, abs and legs. I didn't really start working on toning until recently.
August 26th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I"m not on a diet. I am just not good at dieting. I watch my portions at meals. I cut my sodas down from 4 or more to two a day. I cut out most junk foods. I try not to eat three hours before bed. For exercise I do the indoor walking videos. I started with 1 mile, then 2, then 3. I now do 3 miles in the morning and 2 later in the day. For a total of 5 miles per day, 7 days a week. I feel I need to do that much exercise since I'm not really dieting.
August 26th, 2006, 02:14 PM
melissa29624's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to melissa29624
i just started on a diet myself..i try not to go over 1500 calories a day and not over 200 grams of carbs per day.....with those carbs NOT coming from anything WHITE...flour, sugary foods, white bread, white rice, potatoes, white pasta...etc! i am eating whole wheat bread, sugar free everything, using splenda, sweet potatoes...any veggies and fruits that i want..lots of whole grains though...1 % milk.....i guess you get my point!

i started walking last week too....i logged 7 miles in all..which is a good start for me! i have a 4mo old and im just getting back into the hang of things (my body)............. basically i am trying to stick to whatever the serving size is of whatever i eat! my MIL is type 2 diabetic and im sort of following alot of how she eats and such!!

for instance..for breakfast
i egg, 2 slices bacon, 2 slices whole wheat toast, sugar free preserves, water

snack:
south beach protein cereal bar

lunch:
peanut butter/sugar free preserve sandwich on whole wheat
carrots

snack:
rice cake

dinner:
south beach micro meal or a salad with chicken and stuff!!

snack..(i always have to have 1 before bed..sorry!)
bowl of bran flakes with some splenda and 1%milk

(all serving size)

that's an example of one of my days this past week!

good luck

ETA: i only drink water...nothing else (always been that way anyway..i love it)
August 26th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
welcome! i have high colesterol so i am on a low fat diet. i have been doing a walk away the pounds video every day. it is only 30 minutes and you walk 2 miles. but just yesterday i got the 4 mile version so i'm doing that every other day and my 2 mile in the days between.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search