Drastic weight changes in a days time

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2005, 08:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
HOW?!?!

THis is **really** bugging me.

I'll weight x amount in the morning. At night before I go to bed, i'll either have GAINED 5-10 pounds, or lost 5-10 pounds.

I don't change anything in eating patterns, or anything.

WHY IS IT DOING THIS TO ME!!!

I can see a difference, then BAM!!

Its really bothering me, because it means 2 different pants sizes and 2 different shirt sizes. I ReALLY am SICK AND TIRED of not staying at one sizes pants and shirts. I'd rather be one or the other, not inbetween.

Anybody else, in the same boat? What do you do to stay one way or the other?
May 19th, 2005, 07:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't know how much sodium intake. I've been drinking about 4 glasses at least of water a day. I've been eating at the same time though every day.

I was on zoloft for awhile, and they checked for thyroid problems, etc while I was taking that and all was good. They checked it again about 4 months ago when I started BC pills, and it was all good. I'm not even sure what your thyroid does.

The only change in my diet the last couple weeks is more pizza, since I get it free at work, while i'm on the clock. But its only a personal pan, so like one regualar slice, and I normally only get pepperoni, or chicken pizza.
May 20th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Eden's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi
I agree about the sodium content. It can lead to water retention which is probably responsible for such drastic changes in weight in such a short time. Rest assured that fat doesn't cause such wild fluctuations. Try reducing your salt intake and increasing your water (for flushing the system) and see what happens.
Also, are you...errr, constipated? That can definitely pack on the pounds. The healthy range is 'going' once or twice a day (or after meals, but few people do this).

Good luck to you!
May 31st, 2005, 07:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry I haven't replied sooner.

I'm going to try cutting out the pizza, and more water, and see what happens.

I ate some last night for the first time in like 4 days. Also, i've been drinking at least 3 bottles of water a day, not including want I drink at home, about 4-6 glasses of water.

I don't think i'm constipated, ::

Also, some of it may have to do with being around my period, is that a possible cause.

I'm going to cut out the pizza and see if that makes a difference.
June 6th, 2005, 08:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I havn't been doing a good job, of not eating pizza its really tempting when its where youwork, and your hungry. But I try to eat "healthier" pizza.

I also have been dehydrated, or feel like it. I was outside 11-4 saterday, and it was in the high 80s, and yesterday [sun], 11-8 and it was in the low 90s, and I forgot my water, and drank about 1 liter of water in 5-10 minutes. And have been drinking a WHOLE lot all weekend.

But i've been exersizing more, from being at the pool. I don't get a chance to just "sit" so, that helps alot. My BF and I are also going to the basketball court, since we both need to get in shape. <<I just run around with buddy, because I can't play basketball for my life!>>
June 22nd, 2005, 07:53 AM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
ok i HAVE to put in my 2 cents here cause i had the same exact problem! pizza for some reason (maybe all the salt, cheese, dough...) it is a VERY bad helper in weight gain! i gained weight SOOO rapidly when eating just a slice a day...you would think that it is NOTHING..but it is definitely not good for ya. so i'd say that is the #1 culprit.

i see you've upped your water intake..AWESOME! that may be the culprit at the end of the day though, i know i retain a lot of water at the end of the day but at the end of the week i can lose 5 pounds by just taking in more water.

ok, and my final advice...DON'T weigh in everyday. i know it is soooo tempting. i sometimes weigh everytime i go pee since the scale is right there. but weighing in everyday will only make you crazy (as you can already tell..lol). so try only weighing in ONCE A WEEK at the SAME TIME OF THE DAY. i weigh in every sinday first thing in the morning after i go pee pee.

good luck!
˛ married to matt ˛
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
˛

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I &hearts; triathlon, running & hot yoga!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search