Anyone in to body building?????

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 22nd, 2005, 07:33 PM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have always wanted to do this.........Any information would be appreciated. { Foods to eat...etc.....?}

June 23rd, 2005, 08:08 PM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
http://aolsearch.aol.com/aol/search?invoca...y=body+building

here's what the AOL search showed up. i figured i would just post all the search for you and you can look through what you'd like! hope it helps!
˛ married to matt ˛
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
˛

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I ♥ triathlon, running & hot yoga!
June 23rd, 2005, 09:11 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My DH does to some degree but he has a small frame so he'll never be really big.

He tries to eat a low fat, high protien diet and works out about 5 days a week.

June 25th, 2005, 08:57 AM
Thank you both so much for the information!

June 25th, 2005, 01:08 PM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tammy, body building is my specialty

I got a suggestion for you. There are these two books that i recommend to anyone that's looking into body building... or just toning up using weights.

The book is called Body for Life by Bill Phillips and the other book is called Eating for Life also by Bill Phillips.

Those two books are excellent. They are the best that i've found and i have used that program and have gotten excellent results, but then of coarse i got pregnant and had to stop.

Oh, and they recently came out with a book specifically targeted for women... i havent' checked out that book yet.. but i just ordered it the other day.

I've been doing weight-training and weight-lifting for the longest, i guess that's one reason why i'm always on the heavy side of the scale.. you've probably seen my belly shots right.. i dont' look tooo overweight, but yet i'm weighing right now.. 160lbs.. and i'm only 4ft 10. (they do say muscle weighs more than fat right )

anyway... you can either try to find these books in the library and read them... they are fast reads.. and see if you like them. or if you want me to explain more on how the program works.. i'm willing to do that too.

Once the baby is born, i'm starting the program again and it would be great to have a buddy to do it with. So check it out.. and see if it's what you are looking for.

Best of luck,

~Ana~
June 26th, 2005, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ana410ny@Jun 25 2005, 03:08 PM
Tammy, body building is my specialty

I got a suggestion for you.* There are these two books that i recommend to anyone that's looking into body building... or just toning up using weights.

The book is called Body for Life by Bill Phillips and the other book is called Eating for Life also by Bill Phillips.

Those two books are excellent.* They are the best that i've found and i have used that program and have gotten excellent results, but then of coarse i got pregnant and had to stop.

Oh, and they recently came out with a book specifically targeted for women... i havent' checked out that book yet.. but i just ordered it the other day.*

I've been doing weight-training and weight-lifting for the longest, i guess that's one reason why i'm always on the heavy side of the scale.. you've probably seen my belly shots right.. i dont' look tooo overweight, but yet i'm weighing right now.. 160lbs.. and i'm only 4ft 10.* (they do say muscle weighs more than fat right )

anyway... you can either try to find these books in the library and read them... they are fast reads.. and see if you like them.* or if you want me to explain more on how the program works.. i'm willing to do that too.

Once the baby is born, i'm starting the program again and it would be great to have a buddy to do it with.* So check it out.. and see if it's what you are looking for.

Best of luck,

~Ana~
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Hi Ana,
Thank you so much!
I would really like to have a work out buddy too. I will look for the books. Please, give me any more information you can, ok?
I`ll be waiting to hear from you.

Take care.
Tammy

June 26th, 2005, 10:53 PM
there is actually a website.. let me find you the link.

This first link is so you can take a peak at what the Eating is about. I think you can find sample recipes and stuff like that.

http://www.eatingforlife.com/

This other link is for the exercise part of the program

http://www.bodyforlife.com/index.asp

I haven't been on the site for a while now.. and i see that they've started the new challenge... you can win $1million dollares... Read about it.. maybe it's something you want to try out. Plus it gives you a good goal. Last day to enter is July 4th. I'll look into it.. but since you know my state right now.. i'm not sure if i'll be able to make it to their finish date.. which is in October. It's a 3month challenge... i'll go read about some more.. see if i can do it.

BTW, you can find the books on Amazon.. for relatively cheap.. (used of coarse) but since he hasnt' put out any new edition.. you should be fine... i think i saw a book for like $7.. i think it's worth it.

Let me know what you think about the program after looking through their website.

Oh yeah... one more thing... i saw a lot of advertisment about their new supplements and stuff... i personally dont' pay attention to that... for the shakes you have to drink as part of the eating for life program.. you dont have to buy those expensive powder drinks.. you can use SOY protein found in any supermarket, it comes in powder form.
June 27th, 2005, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ana410ny@Jun 27 2005, 12:53 AM
there is actually a website.. let me find you the link.

This first link is so you can take a peak at what the Eating is about.* I think you can find sample recipes and stuff like that.

http://www.eatingforlife.com/

This other link is for the exercise part of the program

http://www.bodyforlife.com/index.asp

I haven't been on the site for a while now.. and i see that they've started the new challenge... you can win $1million dollares... * Read about it.. maybe it's something you want to try out.* Plus it gives you a good goal.* Last day to enter is July 4th.* I'll look into it.. but since you know my state right now.. i'm not sure if i'll be able to make it to their finish date.. which is in October.* It's a 3month challenge... i'll go read about some more.. see if i can do it.

BTW, you can find the books on Amazon.. for relatively cheap.. (used of coarse) but since he hasnt' put out any new edition.. you should be fine... i think i saw a book for like $7.. i think it's worth it.

Let me know what you think about the program after looking through their website.

Oh yeah... one more thing... i saw a lot of advertisment about their new supplements and stuff... i personally dont' pay attention to that... for the shakes you have to drink as part of the eating for life program.. you dont have to buy those expensive powder drinks.. you can use SOY protein found in any supermarket, it comes in powder form.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Hi Ana,
My hubby is going to get into getting in better shape also.
We just bought a Weider Platnuim Plus Home Gym & a Pro Form Tread Mill. We have a few other things we have used too. What kind do you use?
We have used the powder shakes from GNC before. But, I think they cost way too much.
I just told my hubby about you & I being work out buddies. He thinks that is a great idea.
I look forward to keeping in touch with you.
Thanks again.

Tammy

June 28th, 2005, 12:33 PM
I've used Myoplex and if my doctor okays it (while breastfeeding), then i'll continue with that when i get back on the program.

Here's a picture of our gym area... i had a better picture of our bench, but i cant' find it. We can do just about every workout that's in the book with this gym.

June 28th, 2005, 05:25 PM
Wow, That`s a neat one! I really like the ones that cover all parts of the body. How many days a week did you use it? How long each day? I want to take a before picture....Then an after picture months from now. It has always been a dream of mine to really get into body building naturally. At 41 years old. I need to make that dream come true, right?

I will be here to support you when you start working out again.

GOOD LUCK when you have your little one!

June 29th, 2005, 01:25 AM
The body for life program is set up so that you do weight training every other day.

so, it goes something like this.

m- weights upper body
t- aerobics
w- weights- lower body
th- aerobics
f- weights - upper body
s- aerobics
S- Off

then next week you start off with weights- lower body and continue the cycle.

The aerobics part is about 20 minutes... it's a killer. I used to think 20 minutes .. no big deal.. but i was wrong. It depends on how hard you push yourself. For the aerobics part i used to do a combination of walking, speed walking, jogging, running, and sprinting. The way it works is, you start off walking for like 2 minutes to warm up, then you pick up the pace for another two minutes, and keep going like that until you are sprinting for 1minute or two, and then you start up the cycle again. You do as many as those sets as you can for 20 minutes and i tell you.. you will notice some major changes.

The weight training again, it depends on how fast you move between sets and during. Most of the time i use to try to finish up within 50 minutes. I think the work out itself (as per the book) is 45 minutes. You get little two minute break in between the major sets.

I really really really recommend you getting those books i told you. They are by far the best that i've come across and you dont know how many books on weight lifting and power training i've read.

The exercises can be as easy as using a pair of regular dumbbells, and as complicated as using a universal machine. you get to pick and choose which one you want to do, as long as it covers the muscle area the books says you should be working out. So you dont' need a complicated machine to do the work outs.

If you have more questions.. just ask away.. i love working out.. and it would be awesome if we both get into this program together.
June 30th, 2005, 04:44 PM
This will be great! I have never known any women personally that was into body building. My younger brother Brandon{ 32} has been iinto body building for about 10 years.He started when he was in the Navy {Seabees.} He is a Firefighter since coming out of the Navy.. He is in top shape.

I`m so glad you answered my post.

July 7th, 2005, 04:49 AM
so.. have you looked into those books i recommended!

I just got my Body For Life journal in the mail yesterday.. i really cant' wait to start this program again.
July 11th, 2005, 03:43 PM
Yes, Thank you.

I have a feeling I might have ovary cyst again Now I am waiting to see whats up with that! Our Pro Form treadmill is up & waiting on me......My hubby & sons have been on it. I can`t wait to get started on it and our Platnium Plus.

How are you feeling?

July 11th, 2005, 10:26 PM
HUGE and very PREGNANT still... lol

this baby is overdue 2 days now.. and no signs of coming either.
July 14th, 2005, 10:07 AM
How are you ANA?

I found out yesterday I am NOT pregnant. I have cyst on both of my ovaries.
I am now taking Flogard for the cyst problems.

I started the Treadmill last night. I`m getting my body in shape.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search