The weight keeps coming and COMING!!!!!

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2005, 09:19 AM
Maddies_Mommy22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Maddies_Mommy22
Ugh, they say it's harder to lose weight after having your second baby and I'm starting to believe it. I gained 55lbs with Brody and was up to 200 when I had him. I only got back down to 185 and now here I am back up at 191!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going crazy. I hate it. I can't say I've really been trying to "diet".. (not at all) but I haven't changed my eating habits since I was at least at 185 again and now I'm at 191?!!? That's almost my weight when I HAD Brody and he's 3 months old.

I am SO frustrated I don't know what to do. I want to get back to 120 (what i was before I had Maddie) but I'm sure that's not going to happen but I've got to have some kind of motivation or something.

I would be fine if it weren't for soft drinks and I HATE diet drinks.... lol It's such a sucky situation.. I just can't believe I'm gaining it back, so quickly, and i'm almost what I weighed full term with Brody again.

Anyone have any motivational tips?!?! Or just wanna yell at me and tell me to get on the ball?!? I need help some way or another.. I am NOT going to be freakin fat all my life. I have clothes I want to wear again lol

~Hoping for a Baby Boy!~
June 23rd, 2005, 08:28 PM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
ok first off, i TOTALLY know what you are saying! i was 110 when i got prego with ricky, i gained a perfect 25 pounds with the pregnancy(now being 135)...thought because i was so young and didn't gain much that i didn't need to work on it...well i gained another 25 on top of that 25 i gained when pregnant....so now here my child was 5 months old and i had a total of 50 pounds to lose....i went on weight watchers and i lost that 25, got back down to 135 and stayed there. i was happy but not yet satisfied, i still goaled to be at 125 (never desired to be back at 110), then got pregnant this time. i was so worired about the weight gain during the pregnancy and really tried hard to maintain the best i could.

i gained 35 pounds with this pregnancy and now to be down to my goal weight i have 40 pounds to lose. knowing i did more than half of that before gives me hope and im excited.

i suggest really getting on a diet plan that works for you. i recommend weight watchers obviously cause it worked for me. i haven't succeeded with anything else i have tried, ww seemed to do it for me and there are so many ways to get the resources needed and the support.

the soda is a BAD littel culprit and quitting that can be SO important to your weight loss. i went from ONLY drinking sodas and juices to ONLY drinking water and i could lose 5 pounds in a week with increasing my water (not EVERY week, but occasionally). also cut sodium. i learned this when i saw a nutritionist when i was 26 weeks pregnant this time. SODIUM can cause lots of water retention and water counts for pounds!

and the number one thing i recommend, is weigh yourself at the same time on the same day every week. i do it in the morning, on sunday every week and you will get a more accurate reading than weighing at all different times of the day everyday.

good luck, i so hope i helped at all and please ask more questions if you have any.
˛ married to matt ˛
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
˛

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I ♥ triathlon, running & hot yoga!
June 23rd, 2005, 09:10 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Maybe you should check out 5 factor fitness. You only have to work out 25 minutes a day, 5 days a week. The diet plan in there isnt too hard either.

I know what you mean about the soda. I was adicted to soda. DH and I decided to stop drinking it except for if we go out to eat. I honestly feel so much better since we quit drinking it. Now we get cases of snapple or flavored water. Once in a blue moon I will get a 2 liter of Pepsi One. Its not as bad as alot of the diet drinks.

June 23rd, 2005, 09:20 PM
Radish4ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I drink Crystal Lite all the time instead of sodas..... and Diet Rite (I love the tangerine and white grape flavors, not so much the 'cola') ............. *hugs* We're here for support, girl!
June 26th, 2005, 04:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to linda11567
Soft drinks were my downfall too!!! And juice!!! But with GD I had to give them up, no choice. Minute maid makes some great light drinks, I love the guava but they don't always have it, but the lemonade is really good too. I don't usually do diet drinks either, yuck, but it was that or water so I tried them and they are good!!! Much better than diet pop. Also some of the crystal lights, some I don't like, but I like the peach/raspberry the best. And the H20 flavored waters are good. Also koolaid has less sugar than pop, and try some herbal teas cold. You can control how much sugar you put in them. When I was absolutely dieing for something sweet that wasn't diet or water i would have that instead of pop, and just one glass. Quantity is my downfall too, I'd drink the whole pitcher of juice!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search