New to Board

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 26th, 2005, 06:49 AM
Regular
Hello! I am new to this board. I posted/lurked at the June Due Date club from time to time. My baby was born on May 29th which makes her 4 weeks old today. I was really hoping to lose all my weight and be totally back to normal in 6 weeks (yeah, right).
I weighed 120 when I got pregnant, gained 35lbs (was 155 when I went to the hospital in labor) and now I weigh 135. I seemed to lose those first 15 really quickly and within the first 2 weeks but I have been at a standstill since then. I slowly cut my calories back to my pre-pregnancy numbers and am eating around 1400 a day now. I have always been a healthy eater and only eat fast food about 2 times a month. But, the weight is not going anywhere and I can't wear pretty much any of my clothes. I walked 15 miles a week on a treadmill (along with occasional TaeBo and Yoga) pre-pregnancy and then continued to walk up until the 9th month of pregnancy when I was too tired to do anything. I slowly decreased my numbers however and walked 12 miles a week, then 10, etc. I tried to start back to the treadmill slowly last week and walked 1/2 a mile one day then 1 mile the next but I started bleeding again so I backed off.
I don't really have any questions, just need some support because I am totally hating this extra 15 lbs thing. I have a closet full of clothes taunting me and I have to go back to work in 2-3 weeks. I have refused to buy new clothes because I don't want to keep the weight and my theory was that if I have nothing to wear eventually I will have no choice but to lose the weight.
Any success stories anyone wants to share to help motivate me?? Or am I totally trying to lose too much too soon?
June 26th, 2005, 09:17 AM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
i think you have a good goal and have done great so far! about losing 15 pounds in 2 weeks before going back to work, you can certainly try your best and do everything you can. if walking has been to much for you, then it's a good thing to back off like you did. are you drinking lots of water? that could do WONDERS! and keep track of just how much sodium you're taking in cause that will keep some water weight on no matter what you do. opt for LOW sodium and LOW FAT milk. milk actually does wonders as well, but go for the lowest milk you can. i cannot stand the skim so i do the 1%, but skim would do even better.

fruits and a yugurt for breakfast is a great start in the morning instead of cereals (even the "healthy kinds") is you start off the day HIGH in nutrients but low in fat, the rest of your day is likely to follow the same way.

also, i totally believe in journaling your food for the day. if you go out to eat, just remember what you had and write it when you get home. this helps sooooooooo much.

i too got "stuck" at 130-135 and just COULD NOT get any lower no mater what i did...BUT i wasn't excercising. and so i totally think that was the key, so when you are feeling better to get back to the walking, i say go for it!

good luck!
² married to matt ²
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
²

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I ♥ triathlon, running & hot yoga!
June 26th, 2005, 12:30 PM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I dont have a success story yet...but i'll be working towards it after having my baby.

i just wanted to suggest something. If walking is not an option right now for you... (because of the bleeding), perhaps if there's a pool where you live ... you could try swimming. That's like the best low impact exercise you could do. It works all the muscles in your body without pounding your joints and possible without causing you to bleed.

Another suggestion is.. if you feel like you are bloated... or retaining lots of water... ASPARAGUS is your best friend. I personally dont like the taste of it... but it's an excellent vegetable to prevent and get rid of that extra water and bloating that you have. Try to incorporate it in as many meals as you can. Normally what i do, is i chop it up in an omelete for breakfast, toss it in a salad maybe for lunch.. and just eat some with your dinner.

ohh.. and stay away from Celery.. cuz that has an opposite affect. It contains a lot of sodium and will make you retain water weight.

Good luck hun... and hopefully you can fit in your clothes before you head to work.
July 1st, 2005, 07:45 AM
melissa29624's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to melissa29624
good luck trying to lose the last 15 pounds..those are always hard to get off...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search