My goal

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 1st, 2005, 02:43 PM
sandycheeks's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sandycheeks
I am setting a goal... I want to lose 20 lbs by July 24th. I think I can do it.. I pray I can do it. Its not unrealistic. I would like to lose it sooner if possible..

I am starting fresh on Monday with weight watchers. I hate to admit it, but I have started smoking again today and I know I am a horrible person for doing so, and its sad to say, but I'd rather smoke than gain weight. When I smoked I kept the weight off.

I guess I'll see if that makes a difference.
July 1st, 2005, 03:32 PM
melissa29624's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to melissa29624
well...i hate to hear that you started back smoking.. i can't help it that i have such strong feelings about it..my mom died from lung cancer and my grandfather died from complications due to smoking..with that said~ i wish you luck in reaching your goal..i hope that you do! i am trying so hard to diet right now..but haven't started exercising yet! i don't have a scale at my house cause it was driving me nuts..i threw it away! i am just watching to see if my clothes will start to fit better ( and boy do i hope they do really soon!) i am in a size 14-16 now and would be happy if i could just get down to 10-12 ( i was size 8-10 when i get preg with DD).. anyway.. maybe we can help each other out... offer support.. you know i am on TTC all the time!
July 2nd, 2005, 07:09 PM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you have good luck with losing the weight you want to lose.

July 3rd, 2005, 08:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to linda11567
I don't want to scare you or be one of those nagging non-smokers, but my mom did that. She quit smoking for 6 months and gained 40 lbs and was totally disgusted with herself. She ate everytime she wanted a cigarette. So she went back to smoking and lost the 40 lbs pretty fast. This was many years ago. Today she has emphezema and is on oxygen. She still didn't quit though. And it just about killed her very recently. So this Saturday she was finally released from the hospital and nursing home after 3 months. They had written her off and wanted to put her in a hospice to die. I know you don't like the extra weight, but the weight won't kill you, the cigarettes eventually will. But you CAN do both!!!!!! maybe something to do with your hands besides eating, or how about gum?
July 3rd, 2005, 10:57 AM
Believe me, I hate making excuses for myself. I tried gum, suckers, candy-sugar free. I tried anything and everything,. Veggies. It just didn't work for me. I can't afford to gain the 70 lbs I lost. 20 lbs is killing me.
July 3rd, 2005, 03:50 PM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tabatha... you are a strong woman! Don't let cigarettes control you hun. You can do it without it!! It's just going to be a little harder for you.

If you cant' stop totally, then try stopping little by little... maybe a cigarette a day... i know that's not very realistic, but you can try. Don't start off smoking like you used to before you quit.

I dont know what else to say... but you really shouldn't start smoking again just to lose weight.

I really wish i was there to help you out... cuz i would hate for you to get sick from smoking cigarettes.

Take care hun.
July 5th, 2005, 04:41 PM
Thanks for all the concerns and advice. I really apprecriate it! My thryoid was checked- normal. Between depression and quitting smoking not to mention the physically stages my body has been through- anyone would expect to gain weight.
July 5th, 2005, 07:31 PM
Super Mommy
Sweetie, you've been through a lot the past few months. Sometimes you probably feel like there's absolutly nothing you can do about your problems, so what's the difference in handling another (picking up smoking again)? I get that way sometimes, like I'm expected to handle every single problem anybody has. I'd probably start smoking again too. I think it is very admirable that you tried and you did kick it for a little while atleast. That's alot more than some people will do, like myself. I'm proud of you that you are at least motivated enough to do something about your weight. Like I said in a post before, it isn't easy to get myself motivated. It may not seem like it now, but everything will work out for the better. I know it. I believe in you! So do what you have to do, but please keep yourself healthy, as much as you can.

We are angels with but one wing, and to fly we must embrace each other
July 7th, 2005, 02:59 PM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
well, first off, i believe it's all in your mind. you may not agree, that's fine, but i was a smoker and when i quit and started weight watchers, i lost weight. i didn't let the thought of cigarettes control how i ate.

i think you can lose the weight with weight watchers (a GREAT program), and withOUT smoking. but one step at a time i guess...good luck
² married to matt ²
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
²

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I ♥ triathlon, running & hot yoga!
July 7th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Your probably right. But I felt like I didn't have a choice. Btw I drink diet pop, and water, and did after I smoked. What works for me, might not work for others. I had to do what I had to do.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search