How do you feel...

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2005, 04:38 PM
Super Mommy
about the Atkin's diet, or is anyone on it?

We are angels with but one wing, and to fly we must embrace each other
July 7th, 2005, 04:47 AM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i've heard a lot of bad things about the Atkins diet. i mean.. i've also heard its helped people lose weight, but it's not a very healthy way to go about it.

i've never tried it and probably never will.
July 7th, 2005, 03:13 PM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
i tried it as a crash diet for prom when i was in high school and i have to admit it sucked. it's not for a long term weight loss. i truly recommend weight wacthers as a long term weight loss program. atkins will give fast results but not lasting ones. and more than likely, very short lived.
˛ married to matt ˛
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
˛

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I ♥ triathlon, running & hot yoga!
July 8th, 2005, 07:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to linda11567
Well in this last pregnancy I had gestational diabetes and had to go to the dietician. They put me on a low carb diet so I asked about the Atkins and she said absolutely not. You have to have some carbs (I got 30 carbs for breakfast and 45 for lunch and dinner, then 30 carbs for 3 snacks in between. Sounds like alot but thats like one slice of bread and a cup of milk) otherwise your body thinks its starving and it messes up your ketones. That's why people lose it so fast and then gain it back so fast when they go back to eating normal. Its not healthy, especially for long periods of time. I have stuck with the GD diet so far, and I have lost 34 pounds (thats 4 pounds more than I gained in the pregnancy) Up to this point all I'm watching is carbs, I still drink 2% milk and don't watch the fat too closesly. I don't go out of my way to eat it either though. I plan to go more towards weight watchers once I plateau.
July 9th, 2005, 11:00 AM
sandycheeks's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sandycheeks
Anyone remember POUNDS AWAY diet? Thats what the Atkins diet reminds me of. I know someone who died on Pounds Away- she only eat protein- she had a heart attack. So No I would never try Atkins. WW is the best diet. Sometimes you have to work around WW, when you hit a stand point, like I have twice. You may have to walk more , or change up the diet a bit. I been on WW for 2 yrs. I dont go to meetings, I do it by myself. I lost 70 lbs on WW, with me as my only support system. SO WW can work if you dont go to meetings!
July 12th, 2005, 09:40 AM
Maddies_Mommy22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Maddies_Mommy22
they do say atkins is very unhealthy.. however, after having Maddie I went on it and lost 20 lbs (I still have ALOT of her babyweight to lose though)... but I didn't eat just protein. I cheated ALOT but, I still lost the weight.

If I can get on track, im probably going to do atkins again... (I KNOW I will cheat and get my carbs anyways lol)

However, my dad lost 40lbs on it.. started eating unhealthy again and gained it all right back.. so it's true it probably is short lived for most.

~Hoping for a Baby Boy!~
July 12th, 2005, 07:40 PM
~*Dina*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The Atkins diet ?? Its not all you can eat meat and cheese anymore. They really push lots of green veggies and eating meats and cheese's in moderation. I'm NOT plugging the Atkins diet, its not for me. I need fruit and some carbs. Its not a lifestyle thats for sure.

I say really look into it before you try it and def. get your Dr's opinion before trying any new diet routine. Good luck.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search