It's official...I'm a

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2005, 04:38 PM
Super Mommy
PIG!! I tipped the scales at 200lbs today. I really need to do something about this. I'm just so lazy and unmotivated though. I've been packing on the pounds these last couple of months. I've gained about 25 pounds since February. I don't understand why. I haven't changed my eating habits and I've actually got a job that I do alot of physical stuff. I think the reason why I haven't tried to do anything about it is because there are so many diets out there, I have no idea which one is right for me. I don't really have any moral support either. I'm so tired after work, I don't want to do anything. Like there isn't enough time in the day to go exercise. How do you deal with this? I guess I just have to get up and do it. Plus, it's hard to eat right when my dh is so picky. I'm gonna have to make separate dinners for us and do separate grocery shopping. I am really disgusted at myself for letting myself get this way.

We are angels with but one wing, and to fly we must embrace each other
August 1st, 2005, 05:58 PM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
my dh is really picky too, but seeing me eat heathier actually helps him to watch what he eats. he doesn't diet with me, but it makes him think twice before chowing down on mac and cheese while i am eating a yummy salad. i inspire him when he sees me losing weight. go ahead and make sperate dishes and show that you are willing to take the long road of dinner making if it means for you to eat healthy.

it isn't too much about exercise right away. it definitely helps! but it's first about learning what is healthy to eat and not. what can your body use and what are you eating that your body could do without. think about nutrients and vitamins and the food groups.

i totally suggest seeing a nutritionist. i always recommend this to everyone since i saw one while pregnant. it helped and sometimes the serving amounts in the food groups isn't for everyone and we sometimes have to cut down in some groups (ex. i had to cut the carb group majorly) but i was still allowed to have healthy carbs.

i think weight watchers is the best diet because it doesn't cut anything out of the food groups. it allows you to eat what you want but you can tell what is healthier by the points values. the lower the points, usually the healthier the food.

i wish you tons of luck and you always have support here!
² married to matt ²
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
²

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I ♥ triathlon, running & hot yoga!
August 3rd, 2005, 03:34 AM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
just remember you have support here from us.

if there's any question you have about exercising and dieting... anything at all.. feel free to ask. I have a wealth of infomation on both subjects so you can pick my brain at anytime.. and if i dont' have the information.. i'll research it for you..
August 3rd, 2005, 11:47 AM
~*Dina*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I guess I'm a pig too...I weigh 203lbs....

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

August 3rd, 2005, 12:15 PM
sanderson76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to sanderson76
I have to agree that when DH sees you eating healthier and feeling better in your day to day life, it will slowly start to rub off on him. I started doing South Beach back in January of this year and love it. I still get my healthy carbs and I don't have to count things like calories, carbs, and all of that stuff. Which makes it easy somewhat if preparing a meal for the family.

For dinner I may fix hamburgers, I usually eat them on lettuce leafs, but on occassion I will have it whole wheat bread.

Or I will fix soup and salad for dinner..it all depends on how much time I have and he will eat it without complaining.

As far as exercising goes, you don't have to start out with that right away. Even a 5-10 minute walk that is out of your regular routine is still considered exercise. Break it up through the day if you have to. I would also avoid all the prepackaged diet foods on the market because in my opinion it really doesn't show you how to pick healthy foods, it just makes a sub. for the bad you were eating before.

We are all here for you!!

MY BLOG

August 5th, 2005, 12:27 PM
mineforever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1st off let me say you are NOT A PIG. (((HUGS))) and I understand how you feel I'm about 206 right now and I hate that feeling of having a 2 to start off my weight number. it just feels aweful.

but feeling bad is great it's motivation and now we need to change that feeling bad into loving who we are no matter what AS we change our bodies. I have a hard time loving me. I just don't feel like I deserve it. but let me tell you that after I've had a great work out for a short time after my workout I feel wonderful(as I'm sure you've felt like this too) for me it doesn't last too long but it's another motivator to keep exercising.

we can be your cheerleaders and do this together! I know you can do this and I want to be there every step of the way! (((hugs)))

My dh doesn't believe in diets either and thinks nothing of having a big desert or dinner late at night. so I can understand how hard it is to stick to a diet. I LOVE the WW plan. I use the 123 point system they came out with years ago. I don't go to their meetings b/c I can't afford it but I still have all the stuff. it helps me make healthy choices and as long as I write down my food that I eat I can stay within my point range for the day

hang in there!! We are here for you!
~Charity - SAHM to 6 Monkeys and expecting #7!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search