New here

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2005, 05:00 AM
Veteran
Hi. My name is Nicki.

I spent a few weeks on these boards obsessing about TTC.

I got a BFP, only to m/c three days later. I was so surprised by how intense my grief was.

The doctor told me to wait three cycles. I know a lot of women try sooner, but I'm scared if I ignore her advice and I m/c again, I'll blame myself.

So I've decided to use this 3 months (or more, depending on my cycles) as an opportunity to get healthy.

I think I gained 25 pounds on my way down the aisle after my wedding! So I'd like to get to my pre-wedding weight.

Right now I am about 184 on my home scale, which is a few pounds light, but that will be the scale I use.

I haven't been particulary "good" since the miscarriage--it's hard to feel inspired to go work out when you are wearing a big pad! I *think* the bleeding has almost stopped (I hope so--it's been 16 days!), so hopefully working out will resume soon.

I teach high school, and kids come back next week. I'll be super busy and stressed, but I tend to stick to workout schedules better when I'm stressed, for some reason.

Anyways, that's my story, and I hope to have some success here with all of you JM ladies!
August 19th, 2005, 06:30 AM
sanderson76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to sanderson76
I am so sorry about your loss..i noticed that I haven't seen you around the TTC board.

ALso, good luck on your weightloss journey...anytime you need to talk, pm me anytime.

I have been on South Beach since January and it has worked well with me. I do hope you find something that works that easily for you.

MY BLOG

August 19th, 2005, 01:21 PM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
welcome nikki! im so sorry about your loss. ((hugs)) gettting healthier will definitely help you feel better. we feel good about life when we feel god about ourselves. even if life is very hard.

support!? that is what this board is here for. we have a wedensday weigh-in (just post what you weighed in that week even if you weigh in day is not on wendesay). and we also have a mommy weightloss journal subforum. make yourself one and record your ups and downs and all your thoughts and success or goals. whatever you'd like!

(((hugs))) welcome. when the time is right, God will give you a child. don't be hard on yourself.
˛ married to matt ˛
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
˛

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I ♥ triathlon, running & hot yoga!
August 19th, 2005, 08:04 PM
txmom2two's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to txmom2two
so sorry about your loss. good luck on the weightloss and health improvemrnt.

PROUD MOMMA TO LOGAN AND SEAN

August 19th, 2005, 08:39 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
welcome!

We are here for you!!!! Just remember to get in your fruits and veggies. drink tons of water, and get in atleast some exercise every day!!

August 20th, 2005, 05:56 AM
ana410ny's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i'm also sort of trying to do what you are doing. i want to get as physically fit as i can before i TTC again. Me and DH will start again in January, god willing. We want 2 children before i reach the big 30!.. and it's approaching really fast. I have to wait until September to start working out because i had a c-section recently and well.. doc's order ya know.

anyway.. we are here to support you as much as we can. If you have any health related question.. or workout questions.. feel free to ask. I'll be more than happy to try to answer you questions.. and if i dont know it.. i'm sure i can find it for you on the web.

Good luck on your journey to weight-loss and we'll be here, rooting for you
August 24th, 2005, 05:14 AM
brybaby2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi there & Welcome!

So sorry for your loss.

We're all here to help support eachother, so let me know if you need anything!

Jill

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search