New here

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 3rd, 2005, 05:06 PM
Amandalulu's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi, my name is Amanda, i am 29 yrs old, married to dh, Danny for 6 years. We have 3 children (see tickers lol)

I currently weigh 262 lbs my highest being 270lbs. I am in desperate need to lose weight but just can't seem to get motivated. I have 3 beautiful kids i want to be around for, a wonderful husband and bad health runs in my family but can't seem to get losing.

Some one kick me in the butt!
September 3rd, 2005, 06:53 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
welcome!
the first thing you need to do is decide how and why you want to lose the weight. what are your reasons for losing the weight?

September 3rd, 2005, 09:44 PM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
cyber kicks in the booty are what we are here for. if this is for your health than it is very important to get started as soon as possible. we have a lot of amazing success stories and success stories in progress going on here. and we are all doing different diets and exercise routines. it is all about how something works for YOU. not every way of eating or exercising is for everyone. we are here to answer questions, get ideas and support from, and to have fun with while you work to a better you!
˛ married to matt ˛
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
˛

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I ♥ triathlon, running & hot yoga!
September 4th, 2005, 08:19 AM
Health is my main reason.
I don't feel good most of the time. I wake up every morning with a sore back, on different occasions i feel queazy and/or tired. Heart attacks run in my family. My father has had a triple by-pass, two brothers out of 4 have had heart attacks and one of my sisters, she was in her early 30's (I'm 29).
I have 3 beautiful kids that i want to be around for and i want to feel better.
Of course last but not least, I want to look better, who wouldn't but it's never been all about my looks for me at all. To be able to shop in a reg. store would be nice.

But health is #1. I am morbidly obese. I weigh 262 lbs and am 5'2" and that ain't healthy.

I don't know how to lose weight. Eating less per serving would be nice, but this is a problem i have a hard time changing, as well as eating after supper.

After the kids go back to school, i'll have a month home with the baby and dh, so i'll have time to exercise. Right now, i don't have the time. I can't afford the gym in town (and with gas prices now...)

Guess i'm just lazy.
but it's not for a lack of trying, i had hunger supressant pills from the Dr., i've tried the patch, i've done slim fast, salad diets etc. I joined the gym for 3 mo. before i was pregnant (didn't do a thing).

Well, that's my story. Start kicking!!
September 4th, 2005, 12:06 PM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
::kick kick:: hope that wasn't too hard!

i think ww would be great for you. it's all about portion control with weight watchers. we have quite a few girls doing ww here, including me. and that is theone thing i have learned with ww, portion control. you can eat whatever you want but in moderation. with all of those things running in your family, you really should start something. your right, your children need you around. there's a good reason to start.

here's the link to weight watchers and some website to start with.

this is weight watchers
http://www.weightwatchers.com/index.aspx

this is dotti's weight loss zone, this woman is AMAZING! just look at her picture!
http://www.dwlz.com/
˛ married to matt ˛
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
˛

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I ♥ triathlon, running & hot yoga!
September 4th, 2005, 03:46 PM
I went to the WW online and joined in the chat groups but didn't actually join. I don't have anywhere to go close to me, right now neither online or in person is an option as dh and i have both had no $$ for a whole month.

But i can re-join chat.
September 5th, 2005, 07:14 AM
sanderson76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to sanderson76
I have found great success with South Beach, since the inventor of south beach was/is a heart doctor. As Valarie said, You have to find something that works for you and only you. Everyone is different and everyone has different success with different diets. But you have to search within yourself and be completely ready to begin a weightloss journey. Someone can tell you that you need to lose the weight but until you are ready to accept that challenge it will not happen. You have to say "I AM READY", until that time comes you will only hurt yourself with doing fad diets.

It isn't easy to change the way you eat, especially if you haven't always had a healthy eating lifestyle, but in the long run you will be so much more happier and healthier. Happier in a sense that you know that you will be able to enjoy your children and be able to run and play with them. Eating a healthier diet will also help you feel so much better and give you so much more energy.

We are here to help you every step of the way, you could say maybe like a little support group here. If at anytime you need to talk, please feel free to PM me.

Here is a link so that you can read up on SB. I also have a CD around here that has PDF info on it..I could email you that, ofcourse I would have to dig it out, but I could email you the info.

http://www.southbeach-diet-plan.com/

http://www.south-beach-diet-information.com/

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=344806

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=344811

MY BLOG

September 5th, 2005, 03:02 PM
O.K. My first thought on this was no. One reason is, well, the very stuff i'm supposed to not eat - potatoes, rice, and pasta. This is what our meals consist of at our house and it's hard to make something different for me. (If they paid you to diet to cover food costs I'd have it made, lol). My other reason is that i just can't afford to pay to diet right now, but the last two links gives me the list of foods to have and not to have so I might just try it.

The first two weeks will be so hard for me.

The hardest part for dh though will be the no alcohol. We usually have a drink or two on the weekend after the kids are to bed. This will hurt him....lol.

Thanks for the links.
September 6th, 2005, 04:49 AM
sanderson76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to sanderson76
Your welcome. It isn't really expensive..It was hard for me because I always fixed pasta, potatoes and rice..
now I do sweet potatoes and even mashed sweet potatoes...which are good, and you get a sweetness..

For rice, just use brown rice..I do and for pasta you can use the whole wheat pasta or even soy pasta..it costs pretty much the same.

I will usually buy canned veggies or frozen veggies and cook them..at walmart I can get a huge bag of mixed veggies or broccoli and it costs around $5 for that bad and that will feed the family for almost 5 days

I will admit that the first 2 weeks are really hard, but if you feel you can't do those first two weeks, you can start on phase 2, which alot of people do and still see huge results.

As I said, if you need any help of any suggestions, feel free to pm me or email me..my email address is

sam@driveninc.com

MY BLOG

September 6th, 2005, 05:15 AM
brybaby2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just have a quick moment right now & just wanted to welcome you...but please check out my weightloss journal at the top, it may offer you a little motivation...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search