WW during pregnancy

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 11th, 2005, 05:01 AM
sandycheeks's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sandycheeks
Can I do WW during pregnancy?

I have gained weight so rapidly in 2 weeks time. I quit smoking again, and I am constantly hungry, and I am not eating like I was when I was on WW. I barely eat when I was on WW. Now I am eating breakfast, lunch, dinner, and 2 snacks- because I am always hungry.

Before I was only eating, dinner, and 2 snacks before going to bed, and dinner was something like a WW meal or grilled chicken.

I already can't fit in my jeans, none of them. The only things I can wear is stretch pants.

SO what can I do? I dont wanna gain a bunch a weight and develop preesclampsia.

I was thinking doing WW like this.. I was allowed 24 pts, now that I am pregnant- maybe allow myself 28 pts?

Personally I dont care about gaining weight, but the clothes is a issue. I cant wear any of my winter clothes from last year, and I am only 5 weeks.

So any advice is appreicated.
September 11th, 2005, 02:33 PM
KBeans's Avatar Believe in your body
Send a message via AIM to KBeans
WELL....i suggest eating. just eating dinner and 2 snacks wasn't very healthy anyways, so allow yourself to eat. it took me alot of time to figure something out that worked for me during pregnancy. i didn't realize until the 3rd trimester....i had to end up in a nutritionist's office because my dr was so concerned about the rapid weight gain. i stabalized my weight throughout the 3rd trimester from changing my eating habits.

eat lots if yogurt, fruit,salad, chicken, baked potatoes are GREAT during pregnancy. use icbinb spread instead of butter, and it tastes sooo good. cut the sodium majorly! our bodies work differently when pregnant that when not pregnant, so weigth watchers isn't recommended for pregnancy. drink your water, cut the soda...

remember that while pregnant our bodies tend to want to hold onto everything so the more nutritious the food, the better off you will be. for me, breads and cereals were a huge fast weigt gainer, BUT you need carbs so like i suggested above, eat a baked potato like 2ce a day.

for breakfast, i would eat a combination of yogurt and a fruit, or an 8oz glass of milk and a fruit. milk helped me maintain my weight so well! in ww, we tend to stay away from milk because of the high points, but in pregnancy it worked wonders for me. i ate chicken and a baked potatao with a fruit for lunch, and for dinner i would have like a homemade burger loaded with lettuce and tomatoes and ketchup.

but make sure you stay away from the sodium. the nutritionist told me this is a big deal during pregnancy because of water retention. you don't need sodium helping that.

good luck! i hope i helped.
˛ married to matt ˛
mommy to rick 8, christian 6, kairi 3
˛

want P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Slim in 6 and tons more? Check out my site!

3.5 years - still BFing

I ♥ triathlon, running & hot yoga!
September 11th, 2005, 07:38 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
WW does not recommend using their program while pregnant..
You need to eat... You are eating for 2 and growing a life in you..
instead of eating junk, eat loads of fruits, healthy snacks, etc....

September 11th, 2005, 08:36 PM
txmom2two's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to txmom2two
ITA with both of them!

PROUD MOMMA TO LOGAN AND SEAN

September 13th, 2005, 10:37 PM
Miranda and Maria's mommy's Avatar Not Mike's girl
I think it may be a matter of eating foods that are loaded with nutrition 'eating smart' ..lots of grains, milk and all that...My doctor had told me when I was pregnant that as long as you are eating your requirements, not to worry about 'starving the baby'...
I'd say cut out the junk food, and eat as many 0 point and 1 point, even 2 point snacks....all the best
Diane

If I'm not here, find me on that other website

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search