Cardio free diet

Forum: Mommy Weightloss and Fitness

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mommy Weightloss and Fitness LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
http://www.jimkaras.com/cardiofreediet.html

Have you heard of this and is anyone here trying it?
I seen this guy on 'The View' b/c he is training/coaching Whoopi Goldberg.
Im just not sure about his theory of taking out Cardio excersize...
Alot of critics are attacking him for this and alot of doctors are obviously disagreeing...
What do you think about this?

March 8th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
I personally LOVE cardio. I dn't see how you can lose weight if you don't do some kind of cardio kwim? Besides losing weight, cardio is good for your health.
March 8th, 2008, 07:17 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Well, I think he may have some points, and honestly have lost a ton of weight doing almost all weight training. I also can see his points on cardio being bad on your joints. However, endurance and stamina I have seen the most results from with doing cardio regularly. I see an increase in my daily energy levels and moods and there are definitely endorphins that you can just feel from cardio that you don't get from weigh training.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
March 9th, 2008, 06:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Well, I think he may have some points, and honestly have lost a ton of weight doing almost all weight training. I also can see his points on cardio being bad on your joints. However, endurance and stamina I have seen the most results from with doing cardio regularly. I see an increase in my daily energy levels and moods and there are definitely endorphins that you can just feel from cardio that you don't get from weigh training.[/b]
Good points!

March 9th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with Teresa here.

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

March 9th, 2008, 08:03 AM
TrainingWithTonya's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TrainingWithTonya
Yes, if you do a lot of weight training, you will build enough muscle to burn all the excess calories, but you won't do a thing for your heart health. You can do some weight training in your target heart range and make it cardiovascular and not do the traditional cardio exercises, but it won't get your heart rate up high enough to strengthen the heart even though you will be in the zone to burn body fat. My ex was a classic example of looking great and not having a healthy heart. He had perfect 6 pack abs and a great body, but he died at 35 years old from a heart attack! I'd rather have a healthy heart from working it along with my muscles then to be skinny.
Masters in Exercise Science Starting August 2012 at the University of South Florida

March 9th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
Exactly Tonya!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search