Introducing my family and myself

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi! I have been hanging out in the "Large Family" area. That is a fun place, interesting moms. I thought I would check in here to make new friends.

I am Farmer's Wife. Farmer and I have 6 kids: dds 12,9,7 and dss 5,3, and almost 1. We have homeschooled all of them since they were born. We live on a pecan farm down in Sunny Florida with our horse, 2 goats, 2 dogs, 4 cats, 2 rabbits and a goldfish that won't die (he is almost 2 years.) I moderate an email loop for homeschoolers in our area with about 250 member families. That is an awesome bunch.

We are unschoolers with a touch of CM. I place heavy emphasis on reading and trying new things. My kids are really into their animals.

I love my life so much and wouldn't change any of it.

I look forward to getting to know you all.
April 7th, 2008, 08:31 PM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi! You sound really interesting. And you probably have lots of hs'ing experience. I am glad you found your way over here.

I am Sharon, wife to Noah. We have 3 children: Belle, 6.5; Ryllan, 4; and Finn, 6 mos. Dh and I were both homeschooled for part of our own educations. Dh from 3rd grade until gradution. I was from 8th grade until graduation. In fact we met through our homeschooling group. We aren't unschoolers really, but we do have some unschooling tendancies for sure.

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

April 7th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Thanks. I am always glad to meet folks who were homeschooled who go on to homeschool. Not that I need my kids to do that to validate me, but it would be nice.

I am trying to grow out of my unschooling tendencies and I hope this forum will help that.
April 8th, 2008, 03:15 AM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi, welcome to the board.

I am Jo, married to Steve. I'm from Australia and live in sunny Queensland. My dh has his own locksmith business and we have 2 kids, Sarah 6 and Daniel 3. We are kind of a blend of eclectic, cm and unit studies. We live in the country and have 4 chooks (chickens) 2 cats, 1 'male' cockatiel which we just found out is a female (Laid an egg haha) lots of fish and often an overnight frog or grass hopper.

Plenty of us unschool from time to time here, but I think we all enjoy getting boxes from the box men too much to do so full time!

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
April 8th, 2008, 06:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm Lisa, my husband is Miguel and our son is Miguel also (Migellito). He's 5. We're trying to grow into unschooling. Both my husband and I are students and DH is helping a friend get a media company off the ground.

April 8th, 2008, 06:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy

I'm Tisha, married to Doug. We have 2 little men, Eathan (4) and Garrett (2). We are expecting our surprise baby in October. I'm also from Sunny Florida! We currently live with one lamb, one pig, one chicken, 3 dogs, and a tank full of fish.

I'm glad you found your way over! This is wonderful group of ladies here!!

April 8th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi,
I am Sherri...mom to Madison(12), Patrick(10), and Carter(9). I pulled all of mine out of the public school system to start homeschooling them. This was our third year, and we love it. It has changed our lives!! I wish that I had done it sooner.
I look forward to getting to know you. Do you have a blog?
April 8th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Hi,
I am Sherri...mom to Madison(12), Patrick(10), and Carter(9). I pulled all of mine out of the public school system to start homeschooling them. This was our third year, and we love it. It has changed our lives!! I wish that I had done it sooner.
I look forward to getting to know you. Do you have a blog?[/b]
No, no blog. I am not that interesting. I find my wit and powerful wisdom come from replying to other's posts. I am still looking for answers and mentors and resources. I am not ready to blog myself. I do like to read one of a dear friend of mine: cheaper by the baker's dozen. She has 5 bio, 6 adopted, 2 grand, all homeschooled. She is awesome.

Quote:

I'm Tisha, married to Doug. We have 2 little men, Eathan (4) and Garrett (2). We are expecting our surprise baby in October. I'm also from Sunny Florida! We currently live with one lamb, one pig, one chicken, 3 dogs, and a tank full of fish.

I'm glad you found your way over! This is wonderful group of ladies here!! [/b]
Where is FL are you? We are up in N FL, near the GA line in a very small town. Likely if you lived here, I would already know you. I grew up in Orlando and went to FSU. I liked it up here so much, I stayed.
April 8th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Nope, we're not in N FL. We're in the middle on the west coast.

April 8th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
Welcome! I am Heather and my husband is Jamie. We have 3 7/9 kids. Ani is 8, Cameron is 6 1/2, Fritz is almost 21 months, and Adrian will be here in a couple months. I was also homeschooled for a few years when I was a kid. We've homeschooled our kids from the start. We live in northern VA a few miles from Washington DC (and always willing to have homeschooling families over when they come to visit our lovely nation's capital lol).

My brother and his family live in Orlando. He teaches at Central Florida University.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

April 8th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Welcome! I am Heather and my husband is Jamie. We have 3 7/9 kids. Ani is 8, Cameron is 6 1/2, Fritz is almost 21 months, and Adrian will be here in a couple months. I was also homeschooled for a few years when I was a kid. We've homeschooled our kids from the start. We live in northern VA a few miles from Washington DC (and always willing to have homeschooling families over when they come to visit our lovely nation's capital lol).

My brother and his family live in Orlando. He teaches at Central Florida University.[/b]

I will keep that in mind next time we do DC. We went there a couple years back and spent a week with a friend. It was awesome. I made pot roast for her and she didn't charge me $300 a night.
April 8th, 2008, 11:41 AM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello! I grew up in Pensacola!

We have homeschooled from the start. We are moving on to our 5th year soon. I have two boys Eli and Remy.

April 8th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome and nice to meet you!

I am Jessica, I was homeschooled from 3rd grade until graduation and attending a couple years of college and have gone on and off as a mom. I have Emily age 4 and Lindsey 14 months. We have planned to homeschool from the beginning and are very glad we are now! Emily really thrives with is so far and has begun reading with only a little direction from me. I don't think I will be 100% unschooling, but I absolutely use some of it and see a lot of benefits. I guess you could say that we are mostly unschooling right now since at age 4 she doesn't need a lot of structure, unless she asks for it. Anyway, so excited to have you join us!

Mommy to 6 year old Emily and 3 year old Lindsey!

April 8th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! I'm Julia, wife to Jamie and mom to Kyana (10) Delaney (8) and Jalyn, due in July. I'm still new to homeschooling, I pulled my kids out of public school in December. We did a charter school for a few months, hated it and now we are homeschooling on our own and loving it. I'm glad you joined us!

“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.”~ Anton LaVey
April 8th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi! Nice to see you over here.

We're coming to the end of our 2nd year of homeschooling (I can't believe the school year is almost over! well for us anyway.) I have one doing jr high, one in 3rd grade, one doing preK/Kdg, and the two little ones are just along for the ride.

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search