Happy Monday!

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2008, 06:37 AM
JustAKrazymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JustAKrazymom Send a message via MSN to JustAKrazymom
How was everyone's weekend? Ours was ok..I spent most of it taking care of a sick 2.5 year old though.

What's up for the week? We had a very busy week planned but my friends son broke his arm and between that and Taej being sick we've got nothing planned now except karate and a day at a friends Friday!
April 21st, 2008, 06:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We had a great weekend. The boys and I vegged out Saturday and watched movies. Yesterday we went to the beach and it was so relaxing. I really needed some down time.

This week I have a DRs appointment on Friday. That is our only set plan. I'd like to take the boys to Busch Gardens tomorrow or Wednesday, but we'll just have to see how the week pans out. Doug is setting up the boys' water slide today. They'll really enjoy that.

I hope Taejan feels better! Does he have a cold or what?

April 21st, 2008, 07:54 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
We had a busy, busy weekend. Friday was the curriculum fair, Saturday the kids had an activity at church and then we went to Lakeshore Learning for their free crafts and then we went shopping for summer clothes for the kids and then we went grocery shopping. By then I was in so much pain and have realized now I've developed sciatica. Ouch! Sunday was church and then my parents and sister, BIL, and nephew came over for the afternoon and we ate dinner together and then we watched my nephew for a few hours while the rest went to something at church.

This week is a quiet one (thank goodness! it's hard enough to get around with the pain shooting down my leg). I don't think we have anything to do until the preparedness fair at church on Saturday morning.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

April 21st, 2008, 08:29 AM
JustAKrazymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JustAKrazymom Send a message via MSN to JustAKrazymom
Taejan has a lovely mix of a deep cough , and allergies..poor kid is a mess!
April 21st, 2008, 11:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope he gets to feeling better soon.

April 21st, 2008, 03:39 PM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had a pretty good weekend. Dh was working nights this weekend so I stayed up way too late every night of it. I just have a hard time sleeping without him. So let's see.... what did we do? Saturday we had to run to town to get my canning supplies so I can start on my wild grape jelly & strawberry jam. The rest of the day we just lazed around doing a whole lot of nothing. Sunday we were getting ready for church (running late as usual) and ended up missing it because we could not find Justin's shoes anywhere! Little turkey! I told him if he would put them in his closet where they belong when he takes them off, he'd always know where they were. We finally found them when it was too late to bother going. So then yesterday evening we went to my sister's for a church fellowship get together. They actually attend a different church than us, but we were invited anyway. The boys had a blast playing with the other kids. Jack and another boy who was maybe a year or 2 older than him were wrestling on the trampoline and Jack somehow fell backwards and bent his thumb the wrong way. He didn't tell me about it until about 10:30 last night. It was really swollen and he could barely move it, so we iced it. Then I took him in to get it x-rayed this afternoon. As best we could tell it's not broken (not a very good x-ray), but the doctor was concerned about the amount of swelling & bruising. He said it was little too much swelling & bruising to just be a pulled muscle (possibly a pulled ligament?) so he wants us to keep an eye on it and come back for a 2nd x-ray in a week if it's not getting any better. Naturally it's his right hand, the one he writes with. So when we were doing his school work this morning, he gave me the answers and I wrote it all out for him. He thought that was just about perfect.

Alison, I sure hope Taejan feels better soon.
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

April 21st, 2008, 04:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My weekend was good. I started the Spring cleaning and got the living room, dining room and kitchen done. Today I did some grocery shopping and Kyana and I made some homemade bread. I made a post in my blog if you want to check it out.

We don't have too much going on this week. I would like to get the bathroom and my bedroom cleaned and at least get started on the girls room. I have a TOn of clothes that I need to go through up there so it will probably take a while

“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.”~ Anton LaVey
April 21st, 2008, 05:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I ended up with a head splitting migraine and nauseous. Never forget to take you medication to days in a row or you'll start withdraw and that SUCKS. So our weekend without DS was spent me being sick but I learned my lesson I won't be doing that anytime soon. I'm sorry Taejan is sick and I hope Jack's hand is okay

April 21st, 2008, 07:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yikes! So many sickies and boo boos. I hope everyone feels better soon! Heather, I can relate to the sciatica during pregnancy. Ouch!

Here's what we did today: http://motherbird-nest.blogspot.com/

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search