I'm making myself crazy

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2008, 01:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy

I stress about baby names each time I'm pregnant. The only difference was with Eathan, Doug and I knew our names b/c he was our first and we had names picked out from when we were dating. I have a girls name picked out b/c I haven't gotten to use it yet. I'm having the hardest time coming up with a boys name. Each of the middle names of the boys is a family name. Eathan is Douglas after Doug and his maternal grandfather. Garrett is Lloyd after Doug's paternal grandfather. Doug is insisting that this boy (if it is a boy) will be named after his dad which is Doyle (they pronounce it like Dole). I really do feel like this baby is another boy. We have a list going but I'm not set on anything yet. I like Seth, Carter, and Caleb. Although Caleb is probably not going to happen b/c it got kind of popular here for a while. I need help!! I'm really driving myself crazy. I like a name for a little while and then I'm like ok I'm over it already. Garrett was supposed to be Keegan up until probably 32 weeks pregnant and I kept dreaming about the name Garrett. I keep hoping to dream about a name this time but it's not happening yet and I want some kind of name narrowed down before then. Ok, give me some suggestions that will go well with my other kiddos. Oh I like Hudson too but everyone has shot it down.

Oh and I find out what I'm having May 15th.

ETA: If we are in fact having a girl then her name will be Paige. That's the only girls name that Doug and I both have liked with all of my pregnancies.

May 1st, 2008, 01:13 PM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
You'll come up with the perfect name

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

May 1st, 2008, 01:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I stress/obsess about baby names when I'm pregnant too. But I always know that when I find the right name, I will know it. And that's what's happenened each time. Do you have any baby name books that you can peruse? When you find the right name it will jump right out at you.

I like Seth, but I have a thing for 4 letter names. I do family names for middle names too.

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
May 1st, 2008, 01:38 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love naming babies! I am jealous. Our boy names are David Courson, Jason Quinn, Harrison Reid. They go by their middles. The firsts are family names. I also like Walter and George. I also like Rhys and Riley, but found out those are girl names now.

Have fun!
May 1st, 2008, 02:05 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I like all those names but going by what you said and the names you have already used I would choose Carter. Seth is only one syllable and your other boys have two syllable names, so I would try and keep with that. I also like Caleb but you don't think that will will happen anyway.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
May 1st, 2008, 02:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I know that I'll know it when I hear it. I just like to obsess a little bit. I think it's a lot of pressure that this kid is going to be stuck with this name for the rest of their life. I also wish that I had better family names. I love old and traditional names but I'm not naming my child Herman or Otis. My brother is Walter, although it's is middle name. I wish Doug had a better middle name but it's Eugene and that's his Dad's middle as well. I'm not too fond of it. Henry is a family name used a lot in Doug's family, but I just feel like it's soooo plain, ya know?

You posted as I did, Jo!

Carter is the front runner. I just can't imagine me hollering for a Carter. I keep going Carter stop or Carter come here and it just feels funny coming out of my mouth. I don't know if Doug's sold on it 100%. He likes it but he's not crazy about any of the boys names we have picked. Seth is a name I've always liked and it goes well with our last name. It rhymes with Riley. Isn't Sherri's youngest Carter?

May 1st, 2008, 02:18 PM
One of her boys is yes. So how about other 2 syllable C names?
Calder
Campbell
Calvin
Carrick
Carson
Casey
Conrad
Theres a few from my baby name book. Lol always by my computer for my sim baby names!

May 1st, 2008, 02:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy

I keep going back to the letter C. I'm not sure why. I like Carson but Doug doesn't. I really didn't want to get another baby name book. I've been looking online at different name sites. It's hard b/c Doug and I really have different name tastes.

May 1st, 2008, 02:28 PM
Let me guess you want something that isn't popular and slightly unusual and he wants something more traditional?

May 1st, 2008, 02:30 PM
Quote:

I keep going back to the letter C. I'm not sure why. I like Carson but Doug doesn't. I really didn't want to get another baby name book. I've been looking online at different name sites. It's hard b/c Doug and I really have different name tastes. [/b]
Suggest Courson, then. Carson is a girl name, now, too. Anyway, Courson is the last name of a Pastor, Jon Courson, that we liked to listen to when I was pg with #4. Look him up, he is great!
May 1st, 2008, 02:30 PM
4boys
Tisha, I know exactly how you feel. I obsessed over baby names my entire pregnancy, more specifically boys' names, and this was the fourth boy name we were trying to come up with. It was SOOO hard. I also felt like I didn't LOVE any names, or I would love one for a week and then not like it anymore. Honestly, both of us prayed that God would give us a name for the baby because there was nothing we both liked.

In the end, we had a list of 6 names to choose from when our baby was born. The day after he was born, I MADE DH look at the list and pick something!! We didn't want to call family or friends about our baby arriving without being able to tell them his name. And he was already almost a day old and no one knew! But the thing is, the first night while I was up taking care of him and I didn't have anything to call him yet, I kept picturing our list of names on him and the only one I thought that fit him was Reid. I didn't say that to Phill though. And when Phill looked at the list the first one he mentioned using was Reid.

So in the end, God did give us a name; I don't think it was a coincidence that it happened the way it did!

And the point of all that long-winded story was to tell you that I went through the same thing and in the end, I LOVE our son's name, so you will come up with something!!
May 1st, 2008, 02:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Let me guess you want something that isn't popular and slightly unusual and he wants something more traditional?[/b]
EXACTLY!! He really likes Henry, but I feel like it's just so plain and I picture an old man.

Quote:
Tisha, I know exactly how you feel. I obsessed over baby names my entire pregnancy, more specifically boys' names, and this was the fourth boy name we were trying to come up with. It was SOOO hard. I also felt like I didn't LOVE any names, or I would love one for a week and then not like it anymore. Honestly, both of us prayed that God would give us a name for the baby because there was nothing we both liked.[/b]
That is EXACTLY how I am. I'll love Carter today and then tomorrow I'll be like YUCK why did I even like that. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've been extremely hormonal this pregnancy, so I just had to let some of it out before I broke down again. I think it will be easier once we know what we're having after the 15th. Thanks for the encouragement! I like Reid too! When I saw you named him that I thought it was super cute!

Quote:
Suggest Courson, then. Carson is a girl name, now, too. Anyway, Courson is the last name of a Pastor, Jon Courson, that we liked to listen to when I was pg with #4. Look him up, he is great![/b]
You know Carson is getting popular as a girls name. I've seen it with a K for a girl. Doug doesn't like Courson.

May 1st, 2008, 03:35 PM
grunig's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to grunig Send a message via Yahoo to grunig
We named Thorne when he was almost a day old as well. I had a page full of T names, but couldn't get DH to agree on one. I kept pushing for Thorne and in the end that is the one he liked the best. It'll come to you.

Mom to Talen, Trent, and Thorne

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waAmfrF/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
May 1st, 2008, 03:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ohh... Zachary would go really nicely with Doyle... I like the sounds of Carson Doyle as well!

I did a really funny obsession on the baby name thing. DH told me every child should be named after a character trait/fruit of the spirit (ie, Patience, Grace, Hope, etc) and I didn't want to use the name of the trait unless it was as a middle name (and some I only wanted if it was just the meaning of the name rather than using the word) so I sat down for a few hours and I now have a list of like 9 girls names that have character traits or fruits of the spirit as a part of them, and a list of like 7 boys names that have the meanings in the names rather than naming them the words! So the issue for us has been narrowing down which names we want to use, which funnily enough, if it is a girl, we'll be naming her Rebecca Elise, and if it is a boy, Nathaniel (Nathan) Caleb.
May 1st, 2008, 03:40 PM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I obsessed over names with each of my pregnancies, too. It's a maternal right! With Jack, we didn't agree on a name until I was about 8 months. With Jared we pretty much agreed right away. The middle name took longer than the first. We had a hard time agreeing on a middle name, so one night I prayed asking God to tell me what my baby's name should be. That night I had a dream that his name was Jared Riley. That's what we named him, and it's perfect for him. Justin....oh my gosh! We had the HARDEST time coming up with a name for him. I think we finally agreed on Justin Ryan about a week before he was born. I wanted to name him Justin Reid. Dh wanted to name him Justin Everett. We compromised with Justin Ryan.
My niece named her baby Caleb. I think it's a precious name. It's not really that popular around here. What about Connor? I think that sounds good with your other boys' names. That's the only one I can think of right now. I'll keep thinking.
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

May 1st, 2008, 03:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You really wouldn't believe how much better I feel just knowing I'm not 100% crazy. Connor is insanley popular right now here. I know 3 Calebs right off of my head. They aren't people that I talk to on a daily or even monthly basis, but I'm really bad about when you say the name if that's who I think of I won't name my kid that. I'm also really bad about not using the same letter again. No D, T, E, or G. I know I'm crazy.

If we are in fact having a boy I'll definitely have to have a name (even if we change it) before a week before I'm due or I will really go nuts. I hate saying the baby. I really like to get myself familiar with calling them their name.

May 1st, 2008, 04:00 PM
ilovemy3wikids
I really like Hudson

We went back and forth alot when I was pregnant with Logan, DH really wanted his middle name to be lucas, I didn't. Finally we agreed on Bryce. If we have more we agree on gilrs, Hannah Grace and Emma May but I alos like Irelynn ( DH doesn't), and for a boy I want Spencer Ryan but DH doesn't like it

A name will come to you, you have plenty of time to decide
May 1st, 2008, 04:06 PM

Quote:
You know Carson is getting popular as a girls name. I've seen it with a K for a girl. Doug doesn't like Courson.[/b]
I say we get rid of Doug! What do we really know about him, anyway?
May 1st, 2008, 04:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
He's my honey! I can't do that.

May 1st, 2008, 06:55 PM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok, NOW I'm on a mission! We're going to find a baby name that you and Doug BOTH like!
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search