What's up for the weekend?

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2008, 11:50 AM
JustAKrazymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JustAKrazymom Send a message via MSN to JustAKrazymom
So what's everyone up to this weekend?

Eric has to work for 5-6 hours tomorrow mornign then a big bunch of not much for us. We did receive a gft card to 99 from neightbors we helped when their basement flooded.. so we may take the kid sout for lunch when Eric gets home tomorrow..we'll see. Other than that we have nothing going on. Eric starts working nights Monday, so we have some adjusting to do for that new scheduel for sure!
May 2nd, 2008, 11:55 AM
grunig's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to grunig Send a message via Yahoo to grunig
Tim is still in the Marshall Islands so my Mother has asked me to come over and help her landscape around her new pool. Then Sunday there is an event out at the Botanical Gardens here we may go to. Thats about it.

Mom to Talen, Trent, and Thorne

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waAmfrF/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
May 2nd, 2008, 11:59 AM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Looks like it will be a stormy weekend. The kids wanted to swim, but I don't know. Matthew is off Sunday if I remember right. We will have church and maybe dinner out. I want to see two movies SO BAD, but I don't have a sitter. I need to find a good one.

May 2nd, 2008, 12:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have a BBQ planned at my SIL house tomorrow. We'll probably try to visit friends Sunday.

May 2nd, 2008, 01:01 PM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
We have a busy weekend. Jamie's home from work already (they are not allowed to go over 40 hours a week because of budget issue so once they reach 40 for the week they are supposed to go home). We need to get some more dirt for our garden and plot out the square foot areas. Tomorrow we're going to a farm festival day. They'll have all sorts of activities there and we'll be able to buy our seedlings for our garden and then come home and plant them. Sunday morning in church. Sunday afternoon we're going to my cousins' house. My aunt is up from FL visiting so we'll get to see her.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

May 2nd, 2008, 02:04 PM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jacky's off this weekend (and all next week ) so we'll just do whatever he feels like doing. As of this moment we have no plans until Monday.
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

May 2nd, 2008, 02:07 PM
cdefgmomma's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to cdefgmomma Send a message via Yahoo to cdefgmomma
Well since we were hit really hard by the weather last night my hubby has been out working since 2am and will probably come home to sleep long enough to run back out a couple hrs later for the whole weekend....I am walking in the march for babies walk on Sunday!!!!

May 2nd, 2008, 02:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We're going to look at a house tomorrow morning with the possibility of purchasing it!! Hopefully everything DH is wanting to look at (this will be our second viewing) will be okay, and we'll start paper work on it tomorrow! While we can't *really* afford to buy a house, the payments on this one wouldn't be much more than what we are already paying for an apartment, and at the end we would have something to show for our money instead of not owning anything! It's a two bedroom with detached garage, has a bachelor's apartment over the garage, and then a little shed thingy as well, with a beautiful front and back yard... we're pretty sure we want the house, so we're really hoping all inspections go well assuming we can put it under contract!

Other than that... DH is doing laundry (we have to do it at the inlaws, and I am not going there anymore... long story), we might go to the beach, we have choir practice at 9:15 on Sunday morning, church at 11:00, and then whatever we decide for Sunday afternoon. I think it is supposed to rain, so we might not be doing much that afternoon.
May 2nd, 2008, 03:11 PM
KarateMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KarateMom
Well, I work tonight and then....tomorrow......I'm in a karate tournament! Can you believe it?!? I'm so excited and nervous at the same time!! I work 12-6 on Sunday, so we're pretty tied up this weekend!

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!

May 2nd, 2008, 03:39 PM
JustAKrazymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JustAKrazymom Send a message via MSN to JustAKrazymom
Oh Lisa..good luck in the Tourney!!!
May 2nd, 2008, 04:38 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well Steve's away with the car all weekend so it's just me and the kids at home. My friend is coming over with her two daughters as there is no dance class on due to eisteddfed.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
May 2nd, 2008, 06:08 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck with the house! That sounds like a great one! Sorry about the inlaws. BTDT.

Good luck in the karate tourney! That is so cool that you found something for yourself to do like that. I just got chickens.

What is eisteddfed?

#3 has a special dance rehearsal tomorrow am. I am carpooling with my young apprentice. We are going to drop off the kids and go to brunch. I am her mentor. I think that is a hoot and a half! Then in the afternoon, there is a casting call for the community theater children's production and #1,2, and 3 all want to go and do that. That evening, apprentice and family may come for dinner.

Sunday is church and retrofitting the new chicken coop.

Have a great time, everyone!
May 2nd, 2008, 06:56 PM
Plan change! Instead of going to the farm day we're going to EU Day in DC. The embassies have various activities so we're planning to at least go to the Czech Republic embassy (our last name is Czech), Ireland's embassy (Jamie's mom lives in Ireland), UK embassy (Jamie's mom is from England), and maybe the Romanian embassy (my sister's family will be living there for the next two years), German embassy (I'm 1/4 German), and Swedish embassy (Jamie's 1/8 Swedish).

Smaller on the Outside

May 2nd, 2008, 08:20 PM
Now that sounds really cool. I could get into that kind of thing. All we have here, though, is a really old courthouse and businesses that still close at noon on Thursdays. You know, for the hangin's.
May 2nd, 2008, 09:09 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I should have said 'the eisteddfod' http://www.nationaleisteddfod.org.au/ The are compitions.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
May 3rd, 2008, 05:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We dont' have any plans here. Doug has to work all weekend.

May 3rd, 2008, 02:51 PM
I am soooo tired! We left home at 8:30 and didn't get home until 4:30. Now we know how to pronounce our last name and the Czech guy we talked to made a very amusing face when we told him how we pronounce it lol We're WAY off! I wonder when it changed. Jamie's great-grandfather came to the US in 1905 so it hasn't even been all that long and that many generations for it to change.

Smaller on the Outside

May 3rd, 2008, 04:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We went to Fairy Fest! It was cold but we had a great time. Hopefully I'll get some pictures on the blog soon.

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
May 3rd, 2008, 07:47 PM
I had my breakfast with my little apprentice. Then she, her husband, and their 2 girls came over for dinner. He is finally home from Iraq and this was my first time to meet him. He is all hot in his army muscles. He has to go back to the base to get his discharge stuff final and then he will be home for good, unless something gov't happens and they call him up again.

That eisthdded thing sounds really neat!
May 4th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I am soooo tired! We left home at 8:30 and didn't get home until 4:30. Now we know how to pronounce our last name and the Czech guy we talked to made a very amusing face when we told him how we pronounce it lol We're WAY off! I wonder when it changed. Jamie's great-grandfather came to the US in 1905 so it hasn't even been all that long and that many generations for it to change.[/b]
Are you going to change the way that you say it now?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search