he stayed up till noon!

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2008, 12:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Miguel got his laptop back yesterday. After being grounded from it for almost two weeks. The poor boy was lost without it. Well we went to bed and he's allowed to play DVD, read or play on his laptop as long as he stays in bed, he's our little insomnia boy. We get up, look at the time and we slept till noon which is very odd because we went to bed at 11 pm. Miguel BURSTS out of his room and tell us good morning, he's been waiting for us to get up all night. I ask DH if he thinks he's been up all night DH didn't think so because Miguel had way to much energy. I told Miguel that after he does his work he could go back on his computer. He grabs his math, he likes doing that first now and goes to his room, it only takes him five minuets to do it. After a good half an hour I ask DH to check on him. If he hasn't ran out here going that's right, that's right, that's right, that's right, pointing to each question showing me that they are all right, he probably hasn't started and on the computer. DH went in and Miguel's knocked out on top of his math book. He fell asleep in the middle of math.

May 2nd, 2008, 12:15 PM
JustAKrazymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JustAKrazymom Send a message via MSN to JustAKrazymom
Wow..I can't even imagine that..my kids are all tucked in bed no later than 8pm..LOL
May 2nd, 2008, 01:04 PM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
LOL My kids go to bed at 8:30, but we can't force Ani to sleep, just to stay in her room. She's usually out by 9:30, pretty much always by 11. I can't imagine sleeping until noon. I get up at 6:30 usually. 5:30 lately because the birds are chirping like crazy every morning.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

May 2nd, 2008, 01:21 PM
JustAKrazymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JustAKrazymom Send a message via MSN to JustAKrazymom
Yeah luckily I don't have any with the insomnia I have...Sleep till noon..my kids would have my house is utter disarray! I am up at 5:30 most days!
May 2nd, 2008, 03:55 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My kids go to bed at 7.30 and 8.30 although Sarah will often still be awake at 9. You can retrain an out of wack internal clock by slowly going to bed earlier and then waking up a little sooner and gradualy moving the time back.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
May 3rd, 2008, 02:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Miguel is a lot like me some days he's able to sleep 14 hours others not even a half hour. He woke up around 3 and still up in his room. Usually I'm knocked out for hours or up for days. We have a rule that Miguel has to be in his room until he wakes up, the suns up and wakes us or we come get him. Our rule is you can't leave the room until Miguel comes in or SO wakes up. We are all really good at fallowing the bedtime rules.

We'll have a decent sleep / wake schedule for a good week or two and then it will be completely thrown off. I was completely surprised because he usually at least naps by 8 am. I'm thinking if this is like this now teen years are going to be fun!
DH has the same thing too so odds were against DS.

Jo- We can set a clock to go to bed and to wake up and we'll sleep threw it and my alarm panics when it's not answered or lay in bed and get mad when day comes.

I'll love the day that I'll know I'll auto-medically be up at 7 and sleepy at 10. That day will come eventually.

May 5th, 2008, 10:47 AM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hee hee...

You guys are doing well with working through your own family schedule. I know some days are hard for you.

May 5th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
... He's catching up on sleep.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search