Took the boys to Six Flags yesterday

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It was GREAT! The boys all had a good time, and Jack's blood sugar was PERFECT all day! I had forgotten how much walking is involved in going to amusement parks. I was exhausted by the time we got home yesterday. Dh was kind of getting frustrated with us at times because we don't ride roller coasters, and he wanted to ride them all. But we met up with some friends there, so he had riding buddy. Jack acted like he kind of wanted to try riding one, but he was just too scared. We ended up spending most of the day on the smaller "carnival" type rides, but it was fun for us. By the end of the day, dh convinced Jared & Justin to try one of the roller coasters. It didn't have any loops, just ups & downs and around the track. Justin rode with dh and Jared rode with one of our friends. She said that after the first drop Jared was like, "I don't think I can do this anymore!" Poor baby! Too late now. Dh said that after the first drop Justin was wanting OFF and actually tried to climb out! They made it through, but DID NOT want to go again. That was the last ride before the park closed so we left shortly after that. We got out to the car and decided to give the boys a little snack to hold them over until we got home for dinner. It was going to take a couple of hours to get home, so we figured they needed something. By that time it had been at least 30 minutes since the ride. We got a little ways down the road and I looked back at Jared and noticed he was not looking good at all. I told dh he was going to throw up and to pull over now! Poor kid, I guess his tummy was still queasy after the roller coaster and the 2 crackers he ate just didn't sit well. We will NEVER make that mistake again! I guess next time they ride something like that (IF they ever do again ) we'll have to wait a while longer before giving them anything to eat. But all in all it was a good day.
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

May 9th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
Glad you had a fun day

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

May 9th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like you guys had a great day. hopefully there next roller coaster ride is better for them even if it's 20 yrs. from now

May 9th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Awww, poor little guy! Glad you had fun though!
May 9th, 2008, 02:56 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you all had fun apart from poor Jared on that roller coaster.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
May 9th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like FUN! DH and I LOVE rollercoasters! Was it the Six Flags in Arlington? I'm not sure if there is more than one Six Flags in TX. Anywho, Doug and I went before we were even married when we visited his brother who lived in TX for a bit. Doug made me get on every rollercoaster and when we rode the Titan I thought my heart was going to come out of my throat. I was scared to death!!

I'm glad you all had a good time!!

May 9th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Yep, it's the one in Arlington. There is a Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio, but that's a little far from where we are for just a day trip. I have to laugh at the Titan thing. That was dh's first roller coaster of the day yesterday. He actually blacked out at one point! Or at least got tunnel vision. Then he said the g-force got him and he felt like he was having a stroke. I'm thinking "and this is fun, why?" And he rode the thing twice in row! There was no line so they just stayed on it and went again. He loved, loved, LOVED the Batman roller coaster. The one where you dangle with the track above you. That would just freak me right out! The one the 2 little boys rode was the Judge Roy Scream. Justin also rode the bobsled thing and the Runaway Mountain (the one completely in the dark) and he LOVED them both. Looks like he'll end up being the little dare devil. Me and Jack stuck to the Mine Train. That was our thrilling coaster ride.
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...

May 9th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Once on that thing was enough for me! Then Doug got me to get on I think it's called Mr. Freeze where you are shot straight up in the air and then you go backwards on the rollercoaster??? Holy moly!!!

May 10th, 2008, 09:06 AM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a great day.

May 10th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Once on that thing was enough for me! Then Doug got me to get on I think it's called Mr. Freeze where you are shot straight up in the air and then you go backwards on the rollercoaster??? Holy moly!!![/b]
Yep, dh rode that one, too. I think he's lost ALL his marbles. He was still paying for it the next day.
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...

May 11th, 2008, 02:57 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My dh LOVES rides like that. Given the chance he will go on rides like that a dozen times in a row and when he gets off you would think he had been for a country drive except for his excitment levels. lol.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search