Because I really can't post this in my DDC

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
I hear ya!
With my first, he refused to consider an induction until I was 41 weeks and then it was scheduled for 42 weeks. Luckily I went into labor on my own the morning of the induction!
With my second, they said he'd be too big and wanted to schedule one, but I went on my own at 41 weeks and the same thing with my third. They said she'd be so big but was only 8 pounds 3 oz- they thought she'd be at least a pound heavier.

Edited to add that I'm seriously considering getting a midwife if I have more babies. I don't know about going med free though, I'm a chicken! haha![/b]

If I can do it, anyone can! Go to a Bradley class. You will feel so good after. It is totally awesome and amazing. I had 3 epidurals and 3 natural. I won't kid you, it hurts, but in an awesome way.
[/b]
That is what people who have done it have told me.
With my last I got the epidural but the nurse rolled me over and kept fiddling with my positioning until the epi wore off and boy was I in PAIN! They gave me like two extra shots of it until it finally kicked in and then I couldn't lift my arms to hold my baby when she was born. They had to give me oxygen and everything! There were like 10 people in my room and all I wanted was to be left alone! I cried so hard because the nurse was training another nurse and they would just talk over me, procedures would take 3x's as long and they wouldn't stop touching me! I was *this close to smacking her hand away but my mom was holding my hand so I couldn't. Boy was that nurse lucky!!@ Then afterwards I was so tired I almost missed her first bath and I couldn't lift my arms to take pictures so dh took them and well, he's no photographer! LOL

May 15th, 2008, 09:52 PM
4boys
I agree, it bothered me a lot too. But there was nothing I could say. No matter what you say to those women, you can't change their mind unless they decide to educate themselves and realize that they shouldn't just "trust their OB". Funny thing, and sad too, that now that my DDC is a PR, women are coming out and saying how horrible their C section was, or how they shouldn't have listened to their doctor, or how they will do things differently next time. Or that they had such a horrible experience that they aren't even going to have any more children. That is very sad.

I was induced once and it was the worst of all my deliveries.
May 16th, 2008, 05:32 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I hear ya!
With my first, he refused to consider an induction until I was 41 weeks and then it was scheduled for 42 weeks. Luckily I went into labor on my own the morning of the induction!
With my second, they said he'd be too big and wanted to schedule one, but I went on my own at 41 weeks and the same thing with my third. They said she'd be so big but was only 8 pounds 3 oz- they thought she'd be at least a pound heavier.

Edited to add that I'm seriously considering getting a midwife if I have more babies. I don't know about going med free though, I'm a chicken! haha![/b]

If I can do it, anyone can! Go to a Bradley class. You will feel so good after. It is totally awesome and amazing. I had 3 epidurals and 3 natural. I won't kid you, it hurts, but in an awesome way.
[/b]
With my last I got the epidural but the nurse rolled me over and kept fiddling with my positioning until the epi wore off and boy was I in PAIN! They gave me like two extra shots of it until it finally kicked in and then I couldn't lift my arms to hold my baby when she was born. They had to give me oxygen and everything! There were like 10 people in my room and all I wanted was to be left alone! I cried so hard because the nurse was training another nurse and they would just talk over me, procedures would take 3x's as long and they wouldn't stop touching me! I was *this close to smacking her hand away but my mom was holding my hand so I couldn't. Boy was that nurse lucky!!@ Then afterwards I was so tired I almost missed her first bath and I couldn't lift my arms to take pictures so dh took them and well, he's no photographer! LOL
[/b]
Once you go through the Bradley class and get all empowered, we'll talk about not getting that first bath, those eye drops, the vitamin K shot and more! I am so sorry for that experience for you. Now I tell them all to get the heck out and not to touch me. I even told the nurse at triage last time that unless I have a previous relationship with you, you aren't allowed to touch my vagina. It was rather funny.

We aren't cool enough to be homebirthers, but we do everything at the hospital that my homebirthing friends do at home. You have to be really proactive.
May 16th, 2008, 05:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Retrocutie @ May 15 2008, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotemain'>I hear ya!

[/b]
[/b][/quote]

Once you go through the Bradley class and get all empowered, we'll talk about not getting that first bath, those eye drops, the vitamin K shot and more! I am so sorry for that experience for you. Now I tell them all to get the heck out and not to touch me. I even told the nurse at triage last time that unless I have a previous relationship with you, you aren't allowed to touch my vagina. It was rather funny.

We aren't cool enough to be homebirthers, but we do everything at the hospital that my homebirthing friends do at home. You have to be really proactive.
[/b][/quote]

Now that is funny! hahahaha!

May 16th, 2008, 05:40 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Then I told my doula that it would include my husband, my OB(or the midwives) and a really cute gas station attendant I knew back in the 80's!

I crack myself right up. Seriously, you have to be willing to stand for yourself, even in the midst of labor, if you are going to do this in the hospital. It is doable, though. As a mom of many and homeschooler, you are totally able to do this. Because we all know, homeschoolers are better than everyone else.
May 16th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
hahaha! yeah, we are aren't we? LOL!

I'm not sure how my husband would react- he seems to think the docs know best. He just wants to get in there and get it done and fusses when I have preferences for things...but hey, I"M the one having the baby right?

May 16th, 2008, 07:42 AM
illinoismommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Why do so many OBs schedule inductions for no medical reason? And why do they schedule them BEFORE the due date? Pregnancy length has been shortened by a week thanks to all those unnecessary convenience inductions. It's ridiculous.[/b]
I don't know and I agree. We are taught to trust our doctors but they aren't always doing what's best... I blame it on the doctors not the mommies.
Baby expected January 2nd, 2010!

"In the first place, whether you choose or no to take any trouble about the formation of his habits, it is habit, all the same, which will govern ninety-nine one-hundredths of the child's life. We are all mere creatures of habit. We think our accustomed thoughts, make our usual small talk, go through the trivial round, the common task, without any self-determining effort of will at all." -Charlotte Mason
May 16th, 2008, 09:28 AM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think people forget that doctors are PEOPLE who don't know everything! I would never go to one source on ANYTHING and just take that as word! We are blessed to live in a time where information is just there! And we must use it!

I don't think OB's are evil. I think people give them to much control.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search