Everything messing with my emotions!!

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 20th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There's so much going on right now...I don't even know where to start!
First I will share what happened to my niece last Thursday. My sister's yard flooded during the night, so the kids were all excited to see a small river in their front yard/ditch...all of the taking to play in as much as Vicki would let them. Elation turned to near tragedy when Vicki looked up to find that Kinley was gone. To her horror, Kinley had been sucked under by the current leading into the culvert that runs under the road beside her house....a pretty small culvert. Vicki took off running toward a culvert that she would have surely died in trying to save Kinley, when she suddently fell. When she stood back up, she saw Kinley shoot out the other side...across the road. The culvert/road was completely under water and is 43 feet long! Before going into it, Kinely later told us that she had attempted to hold on to the entrance before finally giving up and straightening her body so she could go through it. So, by the time she did that, then traveled through it, she had held her breath for...God only knows how long!! She had held it so long that, by the time she came out, her eyes were bloodshot. She was obviously in shock and just kept telling Vicki that she thought she was going to die . There was one point in the middle of it when she said she saw a bright light and felt like she had stopped moving. We are so thankful to God for saving her...many kids have died in culverts...so we've been told. Also, we thank God that, just the day before, a crew of men had gone around town cleaning out culverts!!! It has all been emotionally draining....Vicki had panic attacks for nights afterwards. I went to spend a couple of nights with her to help her out all I could. The culvert measures 18 inches across in the entrance end...Kinley's shoulders measure 17!! The end that she came out of looks tiny..I just don't see how she ever came out of there. It's all too much to even think about.
To top it all off, Vicki's son...our precious Stephen...graduated the NEXT NIGHT. Then, today, he left for Arizona for the entire summer to work. He's gone . He will start college when he comes home....our baby is a man and has gone . It's too much! We're happy for him, but......................
My kids are testing this week. Yes, this is very insignificant in comparison to all above, but stressful and emotional for me just the same. I know the results don't change anything, really, but they are so important as far as me seeing what they are learning. They don't know how much they mean to me...but..................
Happy news...and emotional as well.....my dad went for a checkup concerning his leukemia and white count. It was NEARLY PERFECT with his new medication!!!!! Woo Hoo..thank God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, lots going on here. I know a lot of it isn't actually with my immediate family, but what concerns Vicki and her children directly concerns me.....same goes for my Dad.
One more day of testing here. This time tomorrow, we will have year three behind us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 20th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
Wow, Sherri! That is amazing. Thank goodness she is okay.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

May 20th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh my goodness!! I had chill bumps the entire time reading that and I'm fighting back the tears. Sherri!!! Praise God for working miracles in your life right now.

May 20th, 2008, 02:45 PM
~hsingtreehouse~
That is an incredible story! Thank God she and your friend are both safe and sound! And that is great news about your dad!
May 20th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my gosh, Sherri! How absolutely terrifying! I would be a complete mess! to you, your sister, Kinley, and everyone else! I just can't imagine. I'm so so SO glad she's ok.

Great news about your dad! I'm happy to hear it!

I'm sure the kids will do wonderfully on their testing. Big hugs all around!
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

May 20th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh, MY I am SO HAPPY she is okay! What a blessing that she is alright! So scary for her mom and for your family too. Glad to hear your Dad's lukemia is doing better. Good luck to you and your kids on your test. It is stressful. You HAVE had a lot go on!

Mommy to 6 year old Emily and 3 year old Lindsey!

May 20th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow! Thank God she is okay.
We'll be praying you make it through the rest of the week!

May 20th, 2008, 04:04 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my gosh! How terrifying. Thank God everyone is safe and sound.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
May 20th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Oh my gosh! How terrifying. Thank God everyone is safe and sound.[/b]
What she said!
May 20th, 2008, 05:39 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sherri! Oh I am so very happy she is okay! Praise God! What a sweet miracle!

Congrat's on raising up that big boy to a man! I can't even imagine how that feels.

I know they tested very well and three years is a huge YAY!

And YAY for your father! God is really showing your family that he is THERE and WORKING!

May 21st, 2008, 06:07 AM
grunig's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to grunig Send a message via Yahoo to grunig
That is the second time in a few days that I have heard of a child coming to near tragedy. I am so sorry to hear about that!

Mom to Talen, Trent, and Thorne

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waAmfrF/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
May 21st, 2008, 10:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad she's safe now. It must be really hard on everyone, especially with her brother going away for the summer. I know your kids will do great on the test. It's great that you were able to stay with your sister a little to help out after all that happened. It's Wonderful news about your dad. I really hope that things are a lot calmer soon and I hope that Vicki's panic attacks get better soon. That must be a horrible thing to go threw, I'm sorry that happened.

May 23rd, 2008, 08:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
OMG, how scary! I am so glad to hear that she is okay! And that is great news about your dad!

“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.”~ Anton LaVey

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search