Posted this in my blog...

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 21st, 2008, 01:08 PM
~hsingtreehouse~
Road Block for kid #1! LOL Today, I hit a snag with Bryce. He waited until we were in the car alone driving home from the doctor to tell me that he really didn't want to do school in the summer! You know, if he was homeschooled, I would be upset. But Bryce is a public school child. Unfortunately, I can't change that because his dad won't agree and he has half the legal say on Bryce's education. It is not a huge deal for me until he starts middle school, then something has to give! I WON'T let him set foot in this middle school in this stupid town!

That said, I am going to take it easy with Bryce. I hope to just do interactive stuff online with him - let him play math games and things like that to keep him sharp. I know he has to be tired of school by summer. They push kids so hard in ps that I don't blame him for wanting some time off. So with Bryce, we are just going to lay low, do what he is willing and wants to do, and maybe try again in mid summer when he has had a good break!

~SICK!~

I honestly don't think Bryce has been sick since he was 4. Not really sick anyway! Well, today he is sick! Last night, he came in my room and told me he was cold. We checked his temperature and it was 101.6 and he had a headache. Not like Bryce at all. He ran fever with the flu in 2003 and that was the last time he was even notably sick. He has suffered with sinus issues and allergies since winter started this year though and that is nothing to mess around with, so off to the doctor we went today. The doctor said he had a LOT going on. His throat was raw, but strep test was negative. They will culture for 2 days, but I highly doubt he has strep. He has NEVER had strep. Doc also said that Bryce had obvious allergies and sinus congestion. He didn't know if it was viral/allergy related or if Bryce had an ongoing sinus infection that was "stuck" up in there, so he ordered sinus x-rays. After a good 2 hours in the hospital radiation department, we are finally home. Bryce feels bad, and it is obvious. He is laying in his room on the floor wrapped in a blanket watching TV. That is NOT like Bryce at all. His temp, even with Motrin, is still 100.6. The doctor said the x-rays will show us what is going on with the sinuses and if they are full, we will be doing an antibiotic for 3 weeks in hopes to clear it. Pray that it is not packed! He goes with his dad week after next and his dad is NOT good to give him meds and be a PARENT!

May 21st, 2008, 03:42 PM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
I read your blog

I totally don't blame Bryce for not wanting to do school in the summer. It's one thing for a regularly homeschooled kid to do school year round with random breaks so they are doing stuff in the summer and it's no big deal (plus school for a homeschooled kid is much shorter than the public school day). But for a kid who attends school 6+ hours a day during the school year, the summer break is a nice thing. I would imagine they get really sick of school during the school year!

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

May 21st, 2008, 03:50 PM
~hsingtreehouse~
Thanks for reading my blog! I really have had a good time writing in it. I feel like we have a totally fresh start and I am so ready for this adventure this time.
May 21st, 2008, 07:09 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do believe that I just started to read it.

I am so sorry he is sick. We seem to have alot of it going here on the forum.

May 21st, 2008, 09:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I actually didn't see your blog link until just now. Sorry I missed it! I love reading all of these awesome ladies blogs and will love to add yours to my reading. It is a really cute blog too!

I am sorry he is sick. And I know what you mean about preschool books. Emily has finished two of hers in a matter of days.

Mommy to 6 year old Emily and 3 year old Lindsey!

May 22nd, 2008, 05:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ugh! All of these sickies!

I understand Bryce wanting a break. PS kids really look forward to their summer vacation. I'm sure you'll get it all sorted out and it will work out the way it's supposed to.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search